Any child free peeps on MFP?

Options

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I had my tubes tied because I was that damn sure that I didn't want to procreate. Now I am madly in love with a man who has a child. The universe' little joke on me? :tongue:
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Just curious :flowerforyou:

:drinker:

Edit: And just to clarify, to be child free is to make the choice not to have children. Not, "I don't have kids now, but maybe some day." Nope, you are not child free. :wink:
    Men are children at heart.

hahahahaha! word! :laugh: I guess I need to amend that I have 4 cats and a 43 year old man-child :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Yup - but obviously I'll change my mind (ask anyone they've told me often enough since I was 19 years old).:huh:

Me too. 'Cause ya know, us womens don't have anything to do with our lives other than have kids, cook, and clean.

i've been told that one day - when i find the right man - i will want nothing more than to shoot out his crotch fruit. b/c apparently when you meet The Right Man you lose your mind.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yup - but obviously I'll change my mind (ask anyone they've told me often enough since I was 19 years old).:huh:

Me too. 'Cause ya know, us womens don't have anything to do with our lives other than have kids, cook, and clean.

i've been told that one day - when i find the right man - i will want nothing more than to shoot out his crotch fruit. b/c apparently when you meet The Right Man you lose your mind.

Seriously, that gave me the best mental image ever.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Just curious :flowerforyou:

:drinker:

Edit: And just to clarify, to be child free is to make the choice not to have children. Not, "I don't have kids now, but maybe some day." Nope, you are not child free. :wink:

You forgot those who would have liked children, but never were able to....like one of my nieces who had a hysterectomy at age 23 due to cancer .
    [/quote]

No - that would make them childless. A different concept altogether. Gabonas99 summed it up quite nicely.
    [/quote]

English is not my native tongue and I now wonder if there is a difference between child free and childless, or are they interchangeable ?
    [/quote]

They are VERY different:

Child free means you have no intention of ever having children. EVER. It is a conscious decision you have made.

Child-less is typically intended to refer to people who want children but either can't have them or don't have any yet.

ETA - in your niece's case, she would be considered childless, IF she wants children....because even if she can't have any biological kids due to her hysterectomy, she could still adopt. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

She never adopted and she and I have wondered if it was because she actually did not want any children, or only children of her own. She accepted that the need was not strong enough and just like I ( who made a very conscious decison ) concentrated on her career. She did however complain occasionally, because she felt that a true choice was taken away from her.
    Thanks for the explanation.....it really helps for me to improve my English whenever I can.....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    My mind is honestly quite boggled by these responses. I guess most people here do not know of "childfree by choice" being a thing?

it's not the same as just not having kids, or having an empty nest because your children are older now...

I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up about it.

Her OP didn't say "child free by choice"
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Also, I am currently "Child free by choice"

That's probably just dumb luck though..
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • superdeformedchibi
    Options
    Married and child-free by choice right, here! Some of these response are funny because they're true! I get the "you'll change your mind someday" all the freaking time. I'm 34 now, so I'm also getting the "that decision's going to be made for you if you don't hurry up!" *eyeroll*

I'm not a kid-hater. I just don't think I'm suited to it and it would be a far worse punishment for the child than it would be for me if caved into the peer pressure.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Currently child free...but with child in another month...wife is due exactly a month from today!
  • CarynCharB
    CarynCharB Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    <---- no DNA replication here. i know what's good for the species. (=/= more mental illness, addiction, etc.)

EXACTLY!
  • maab_connor
    Options
    Currently child free...but with child in another month...wife is due exactly a month from today!

... ... that's not child free. that's expecting.

child free is Do Not Have Kids - Do Not WANT Kids - No Tiny Terrorists Will Come From My Genitals

that boat has passed for you.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that everyone is sandbagging it while the rest of us contribute to the continuation of civilization as we know it. *Kicks rocks*
  • maab_connor
    Options
    Glad to see that everyone is sandbagging it while the rest of us contribute to the continuation of civilization as we know it. *Kicks rocks*

HAHA! SUCKER!!!
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I don't want no stinkin' kids.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have made the decision not to have children. We love kids and spoil our many nieces and nephews but we like to do what we want to do when we want to do it. And raising a kid in that environment would be irresponsible and just selfish so we decided not to.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would love to have kids but my wife can't. Damn. (and that's a very short version, the longer one involves tears and stuff)
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    just 140lb great dane.... she counts sometimes... no husband/bf/hook up either... hmmm might sound boring but i'm honestly not really complaining...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i'm waiting until cloning is a viable option.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I don't want no stinkin' kids.
    Well you ain't wrong there. They smell awful. Mine reeks.