Any child free peeps on MFP?

Options

Replies

• gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I would love to have kids but my wife can't. Damn. (and that's a very short version, the longer one involves tears and stuff)

that is childless, not child-free. if you want kids but can't have them, you can adopt. My husband and I are child-free - we don't have kids and don't want kids...ever....so whether we can or cannot have them is a moot point, because we're never going to be trying to have them. :flowerforyou:

ETA - and I feel for you....my sister and BIL dealt with infertility issues for nearly 3 years. Finally gave up and started the adoption process in the fall. She miraculously got PG in November, so they put the adoption process on hold.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Yup - but obviously I'll change my mind (ask anyone they've told me often enough since I was 19 years old).:huh:

Me too. 'Cause ya know, us womens don't have anything to do with our lives other than have kids, cook, and clean.

i've been told that one day - when i find the right man - i will want nothing more than to shoot out his crotch fruit. b/c apparently when you meet The Right Man you lose your mind.
    BAHAHAHA @ crotch fruit

:laugh:
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yup - but obviously I'll change my mind (ask anyone they've told me often enough since I was 19 years old).:huh:

Right? I got married which undoubtedly meant that children will soon come after. Um...no. And I don't understand why it's unbelievable that a person or couple opt-out of parenting? Why is that so hard to believe? Never understood the mindset of some.

I've been with my other half for almost 22 years and neither of us wanted kids. There are still certain pockets of family ask when we'll be hearing the patter of tiny feet. I love kids, have nieces, nephews and godchildren, just don't want my own. I've even been told my relationship is pointless if we don' plan to procreate - and that little gem came from the father of two who cheated on his wife every time he had a night out - but hey what do I know. :ohwell:
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Childfree and got Essure in 2008. I like sleeping in on the weekends.

Boyfriend and I have three ridiculous cats, some plants, and many CF friends. I even run a Meetup for CF couples.

I'm going to be an aunt in a few months. That's enough child for me, thanks!
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm child free by choice. I've also been told I will change my mind, that I was too young to know that, that one day I'll meet the right man etc I'm now nearly 40 and have been married and still have chosen not to have children.
    I have thought about this a lot but people assume I haven't or I'm just a selfish, weird, child hating sub-woman.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I am free of all childs.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i've been told that one day - when i find the right man - i will want nothing more than to shoot out his crotch fruit. b/c apparently when you meet The Right Man you lose your mind.
    BAHAHAHA @ crotch fruit

:laugh:

^^ +1

etr quotes
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Just curious :flowerforyou:

:drinker:

Edit: And just to clarify, to be child free is to make the choice not to have children. Not, "I don't have kids now, but maybe some day." Nope, you are not child free. :wink:
    Men are children at heart.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I guess that makes me "Men-Free by Choice". BTW, I'm not even a lesbian, just happy.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Married 43 years; husband had a vasectomy the week after we married. No rugrats here. Best decision I ever made.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Childless and loving it here!!

For us it was one of the best decisions ever.

I've been told I'll change my mind etc. etc. I've told people that we travel too much and like vacationing to which the reply was "You can go on vacations still. They're just different" Um, yeah. Sorry but my vacations are NOT conducive to children.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Do you discriminate against those with fur babies?

I don't discriminate against anyone. And fur babies are the best. I've got 2 myself :happy:
  • lorigem
    Options
    My mind is honestly quite boggled by these responses. I guess most people here do not know of "childfree by choice" being a thing?

it's not the same as just not having kids, or having an empty nest because your children are older now...

I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up about it.

Her OP didn't say "child free by choice"

The concept itself is deemed as just child free. Apologies for those that have never heard of it before.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Way too selfish to dedicate my life to a child, and not ashamed of it!
  • mank32
    Options
    Glad to see that everyone is sandbagging it while the rest of us contribute to the continuation of civilization as we know it. *Kicks rocks*

how's your recycling program going? renewable energy? promoting compassion as the highest of all human virtues? because without these, civilization will not continue, and adding more people to it will just hasten its demise.

meanwhile i'll continue with my non-DNA-replicating contributions to society, unrecognized as they are.

:flowerforyou:
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    i'm waiting until cloning is a viable option.

/\ I am too, after reading that.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that everyone is sandbagging it while the rest of us contribute to the continuation of civilization as we know it. *Kicks rocks*

how's your recycling program going? renewable energy? promoting compassion as the highest of all human virtues? because without these, civilization will not continue, and adding more people to it will just hasten its demise.

meanwhile i'll continue with my non-DNA-replicating contributions to society, unrecognized as they are.

1. I was being sarcastic

2. Strong post :flowerforyou:
  • mank32
    Options

1. I was being sarcastic

2. Strong post :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile:
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that peeps could have children!!!! Would have been cheaper to let them procreate before eating them. Though I admit eating enough of them in the past had made me look like I might be pregnant.
  • lorigem
    Options
    I didn't know that peeps could have children!!!! Would have been cheaper to let them procreate before eating them. Though I admit eating enough of them in the past had made me look like I might be pregnant.

:smokin:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YES!! I made that decision about 15 years ago :-)

I'm 37 and happily married childfree by choice. Nice to see this topic come up!!

What a surprise.

giphy.gif