Government should mandate accuracy of MFP database

Options

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I am so disappointed with myself for not coming up with this thread topic!

Op,I love it:):flowerforyou:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Less government!!! Leave me and my inaccuracy alone!
    QFT
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    nstead of the hopefully sarcastic suggestion by the OP,

I would like to suggest that the entry confirmations be made visible in hte app as well as on the website
    that the ability to sort by confirmation be added to both
    the * indicating user entries beadded to the app
    the ability to mark entries as incorrect be added to the app

i would rather the USA not have control over the database, appart from anything else, of all the food labelling systems that i'm aware of, the US is so far the least acurate I've had the pleasure to deal with

The USA will control everything and you will like it!

tumblr_msdygeohsj1s303h8o1_400.gif
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    but...but...I'm an American living in Finland who enjoys Strudel. Which of the proposed separate MFP sites should I be using in this case?

Who is proposing a separate database?
    Also German strudel > Finnish strudel.

Wouldn't you like a site that measures in Finnish pfunds? Contact your EU rep.
    Greek Baklava < Poptart Ice cream sammiches
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Now that would be helpful.

Yeah... and sue all of the users too for putting in their own information.

How about mandating your common sense?
  • eldamiano
    Options

Dichotomy fallacy. We just need a more efficient government. You can haz both less govt. and more accuracy.

Assuming you are from the US, is that the government which allows pizza for breakfast in schools, classes tomato ketchup as a portion of fruit and that gives kids high sugar chocolate milk as a good source of protein?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Dichotomy fallacy. We just need a more efficient government. You can haz both less govt. and more accuracy.

Assuming you are from the US, is that the government which allows pizza for breakfast in schools, classes tomato ketchup as a portion of fruit and that gives kids high sugar chocolate milk as a good source of protein?

Assuming you really haven't read the rest of this short thread...
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    In for the responses :)

tumblr_lkjurx46kI1qa3az2.jpg&size=400x1000
  • eldamiano
    Options

Are you going to mandate that I do that as well or just answer/ignore the comment appropriately?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

Typische europaische Arroganz!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

Are you going to mandate that I do that as well or just answer/ignore the comment appropriately?

I'll answer/ignore appropriately.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I'll do answer/ignore appropriately.

This is killing me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • eldamiano
    Options

Probably the best thing you have done since your first comment....
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

To answer or to ignore?

And dude, if you are hangry, may I suggest the German strudel?
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I think it's a valiant effort to want to make the government mandate the accuracy of MFP databases.

However, it would mean the end of the "crowd sourcing" nature of the MFP database as it is. Not only would there be concerns of liability in that case, some foods would not meet high enough sample sizes for their data to be regarded as reasonably accurate.

The MFP database would also be divided into custom and reference foods. All custom meals would be private since there could be countless variations.

The database would then have to query every major manufacturer and acquire nutritional information for every product. Some of this could be automated but some would require manual input. If a product is not available in the database, a user can send a request to have it be included. Once a month the MFP database would have to be updated.

The government would audit the MFP database much like surprise restaurant inspections. If the database is found to be wanting, then fines could be imposed.

Personally, I think this effort would put an unreasonable burden on MFP and could be detrimental to its existence with very little gained for the average user, but I can appreciate the OPs point of view and I know his heart is in the right place.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I live in UK, and most of the food items that I found logged on MFP, are either out of date, or wrong. I have now changed to shopping at Aldi, as I found most items are logged correctly. Morrisons shoppers, are the worst to logg.
  • eldamiano
    Options

To answer or to ignore?

(you didnt ignore as you keep feeling compelled to respond)

I will try the German strudel once the EU puts a directive on its sugar loads. Or would that be just a bit fairy-like?
    Would do but t
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

To answer or to ignore?

(you didnt ignore as you keep feeling compelled to respond)

I will try the German strudel once the EU puts a directive on its sugar loads. Or would that be just a bit fairy-like?
    Would do but t

There is a fairy named Strudel, not sure she has anything to do with this.
    And did you have a heart attack or stroke before finishing your post? Should we call 112?
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    would you like the government to wipe your *kitten* too ?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    would you like the government to wipe your *kitten* too ?

Why does the proposal make you so upset? Have some strudel.