New MFP App Comments

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I kind of like it. It always tells me how awesome I am for choosing certain foods. Ok well it doesn't exactly say I am awesome but it MAKES ME FEEL AWESOME!! :/
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    How do people feel about My Fitness Pal's new judgmental comments when you log stuff on the app? Is there a way to turn it off?

theyre really annoying and also deeply stupid. One congratulated me yesterday on having wine with dinner because 'this food is low in fat'.... ERM it's wine you moronic app and you shouldn't encourage that!
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine scolded me because the grapes I ate were high in saturated fat. LOL
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    PS: Is everybody actually sending feedback emails to MFP staff to let them know how much you hate this crap and need an option to turn it off? Venting here is all nice and good but these are not the people that can make the change for you. And one person sending it is not enough. The more people request it the more serious they know it is and would be better inclined to make a change
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I log mostly from computer, not phone app. and for those of you like me who thinks this chit is hilarious, I've discovered that even if you log via computer, you can then check your food diary via the android phone app, and click on specific foods to get to nutrient details -- the MFP comments ("Well done . . ." "Just so you know . . .") appear with the specific food item. So - you don't have to log via the app to access the ridiculous messages!

One of my favorites: "Well done! This food is high in protein" -- appears below an entry for protein powder. Tee hee hee! I know most of you seem to hate this -- I find it absolutely hilarious.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can't stand this any more.

The other day I ate a yogurt, which I'd specifically chosen as it was high(ish) in protein. I got told off for it being high in saturated fat - but overall my saturated fat was fine.
    I ate some pineapple, and was told it was high in sugar. Again, my sugar overall is fine.
    I eat crisps and get a GREEN comment, because they're low in something.

I've got to the point where I rarely log, because I don't want to know what the app thinks about each choice. How is crisps a better choice than fruit?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    PS: Is everybody actually sending feedback emails to MFP staff to let them know how much you hate this crap and need an option to turn it off? Venting here is all nice and good but these are not the people that can make the change for you. And one person sending it is not enough. The more people request it the more serious they know it is and would be better inclined to make a change
    I do believe there is another thread about this in the feedback forum. On a side note, I am happy I don't have an android phone. lol
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I do believe there is another thread about this in the feedback forum. On a side note, I am happy I don't have an android phone. lol

No. When I send an email comment, I always get a well thought out reply. I have posted in the feedback forum before. I'm not sure anyone reads it. Possibly it's just a way to keep the health and fitness related forums on topic by congregating feedback topics together in another location.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The app told me that the McDonald's fries I logged were a good choice because they were low in saturated fat. Lol. Umm no. Its annoying and I want them gone.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I wonder why no one else is getting these comments, it might be from a MFP update. Anyway, for example, I logged one hard boiled egg and a little comment popped up that said "Just a heads up...This food is high in cholesterol". Or I logged a sloppy joe and a message popped up that said something about how I'm only supposed to eat a certain number of carbs. I have not yet talked to anyone else getting these messages though.

I've seen them. I got a Sonic breakfast burrito the other day and when I logged it it told me "Great choice! This food has a lot of protein!"
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's been two months. The information is inaccurate and incredibly irritating. Why hasn't this been fixed? Get rid of the "tips" or give us an option to opt out.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I don't like it
  • fattstuff999
    Options
    You can now turn it off in settings
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    They were annoying at first, but I just ignore them.

Though, I think it is hilarious when I'm logging my vitamins and under Vitamin A it says "Good choice, this is high in Vitamin A.". Um....no s*it, Sherlock!
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to log in a workout on the new app? I was on the treadmill Monday and the eliptical yesterday and couldnt figure it out on my iPhone.