New MFP App Comments

Options

Replies

• Sf0rza
    Sf0rza Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Got the messages yesterday on my Android app. I was logging some Friday pizza and wine and it started grumbling about cholesterol.It got very excited about fresh pineapple, then doubtful about the sugar levels, then extremely judgmental about t the avocado salad, then outright hostile about the pizza. I don't like it, especially when you are deliberately logging a less than perfect day.I wanted to go back and add the apple I forgot, but I didn't want to annoy it any more....
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Got the messages yesterday on my Android app. I was logging some Friday pizza and wine and it started grumbling about cholesterol.It got very excited about fresh pineapple, then doubtful about the sugar levels, then extremely judgmental about t the avocado salad, then outright hostile about the pizza. I don't like it, especially when you are deliberately logging a less than perfect day.I wanted to go back and add the apple I forgot, but I didn't want to annoy it any more....

This is ****ing hilarious and I hope it stays like this. My Passive-Aggressive Fitness Pal.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I got a well done for my high protein granola and high calcium milk this morning! 910kcal on breakfast, but a great choice!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hpzbe34ugk50sn/2014-05-10 04.16.52.png

A well done on my high protein tuna, but a chide reminder of my sugar goals when I logged my vegetable soup.

Going to see if I can up the limits to stop this.

and change my phone font.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

This is ****ing hilarious and I hope it stays like this. My Passive-Aggressive Fitness Pal.

I know, I'm jealous!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It gives written messages? Or sound? I keep the sound on my phone off.
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Every Sat/Sun morning I log my 1 egg breakfast & 2 pieces of bacon from Waffle House. The app must know not to talk back to me...

yum!! Waffle house.

You should try their omelets, they are so good!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

I know, I'm jealous!

I am green with envy! I want My Passive-Aggressive Fitness Pal!
  • Sf0rza
    Sf0rza Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I know, I'm jealous!

I am green with envy! I want My Passive-Aggressive Fitness Pal!

We should start a thread ...
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I had just gotten an update when this thread began & when I check the version, my Android has version 3.1 of the software. But there's another update available. Which I've not downloaded since having participated in this thread.

:frown:
  • trickycrayon
    Options
    I haaaateeeeee thiiiiiissss. I was so hoping this thread would hold some secret way to turn it off.

I am on Android, recently updated, have never scanned anything. It just started doing it today. I detest it, especially because I'm using it to help me stay low carb for health reasons that have nothing to do with weight loss. I could fiddle with the calorie goal but I shouldn't HAVE to.
  • CHC94
    CHC94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Never saw this. I have an Android phone and sometime will log foods while I'm at work. It always tells me I don't eat enough.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    hahaha this is hilarious!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    What a funny addition to the MFP app. I have not seen it yet on my Iphone or my Kindle.
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    Officially turning automatic updates for MFP on my phone off and will refuse to update until this is fixed. I will sooner stop using the app then deal with this crap. :grumble:
  • gailduffey1
    gailduffey1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get these comments, too. I use android app on my phone. I find them negative. If I eat an orange (forgoing a brownie) the comment is something like you need to watch yours sugar goal! It is a nag. I made a good choice to have fruit instead if a brownie and you feel criticized. I want to know how to turn this off.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have an iphone. I would quit MFP if I was getting nagging comments like this. People need to be able to use the tool in a way that works for them -- not be chastised for how they choose their foods. I keep my diary private because I don't need anyone judging my choices. If I thought a computer was judging me, I'd stop logging accurately.

I take reinforcement seriously even when it is a computer. When I get smiley faces on my fitbit dashboard, I smile too. If I were getting finger wagging from an app, I'd go eat my feelings and then have to find a better app for logging my food.
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would love to see the app include the community forums on the side as well... I hate using the browser
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My Android app updated yesterday (as I mentioned a minute ago lol), so I just tested it by adding a 434 calorie candy bar.
    Yum! Now, where do I find the 434 calorie 10-minute cardio exercise?? :laugh:
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I don't get any specific messages.

I just feel it's general judgmental glare.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT APP. I HAD A SUPER NOODLE SANDWICH OKAY. YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME. YOU'RE NOT EVEN SENTIENT.

^^^ I love you.