New MFP App Comments

Options

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Looks like this for those that can't wait.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlxj0tql2ra4pbn/2014-05-08 20.10.22.png
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

Yellow is proceed with caution, green is go... I guess you only get red on your final numbers. lol
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    is this anything like when my scale says "one at a time please" after i step on it? :huh:

rimshot-o.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Weird. I haven't gotten (or noticed) those comments.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I just saw my first "comment", I scanned an item in using my phone app...it said "good plan it's low in saturated fat"...hahahaha...

And it substracted those calories from my daily total (I didn't have 1670 calories left tho...:sad: ) so it's either just the phone app or phone app with scanning...
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish we coud get to the boards easier too. I go into FAQ and go thru like four pages to get to it. It's ridiculous!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    What comments are you referring to, exactly? :huh:

You know when you're cooking or prepping and adding as you go? You scan some things (good), you select some items for frequently used (good), you adjust portion sizes and it calculates all the new values (good), you then click 'add selected' because you're using Multi add (good)...

But then, while stirring/draining/serving or whatever you do your usual glance over the foods you've just added to make sure you've not forgotten to add the chicken or something - but you can't.

It's now intermittently interrupted with useful comments like 'well done choosing bread! This is low in fat!'
    or
    'This has xxx sodium in it, your goal for today is xx'

MFP needed this like a hole in the head. I can't fathom someone dense enough to need these comment, especially it being vital that it doesn't wait until the end of the day?!?

You're supposed to be striving to make logging less of a chore, not more of a pain in the butt.

This is real?!? I honestly thought this thread was a joke.

Warnings about sodium???

Warnings about dietary cholesterol content of a particular food???

Congratulation you for the fat content of a specific food item???

How is each and every one of these relevant to otherwise healthy individuals anyhow? Are we still back in the sodium is bad/dietary cholesterol is bad/fat is bad thinking from decades ago?

Just when I think MFP can't do something to surprise me, they do this.

I'm dumbfounded. Truly.

I posted about this the other day. Do you have me on hide?! :angry:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You know when you're cooking or prepping and adding as you go? You scan some things (good), you select some items for frequently used (good), you adjust portion sizes and it calculates all the new values (good), you then click 'add selected' because you're using Multi add (good)...

But then, while stirring/draining/serving or whatever you do your usual glance over the foods you've just added to make sure you've not forgotten to add the chicken or something - but you can't.

It's now intermittently interrupted with useful comments like 'well done choosing bread! This is low in fat!'
    or

MFP needed this like a hole in the head. I can't fathom someone dense enough to need these comment, especially it being vital that it doesn't wait until the end of the day?!?

You're supposed to be striving to make logging less of a chore, not more of a pain in the butt.

Warnings about sodium???

How is each and every one of these relevant to otherwise healthy individuals anyhow? Are we still back in the sodium is bad/dietary cholesterol is bad/fat is bad thinking from decades ago?

I'm dumbfounded. Truly.

Nope, not hidden...

...but I have a very powerful natural ignore filter.

I'll put you back on notice now since you apparently sometimes say something useful.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I just saw my first "comment", I scanned an item in using my phone app...it said "good plan it's low in saturated fat"...hahahaha...

And it substracted those calories from my daily total (I didn't have 1670 calories left tho...:sad: ) so it's either just the phone app or phone app with scanning...

Aha!

I bet this is the trigger. Those who aren't getting the friendly MFP app advice, try scanning a UPC...

...and then come back and complain.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Aha!

I bet this is the trigger. Those who aren't getting the friendly MFP app advice, try scanning a UPC...

I have the iphone but I scanned and there was still no comments (and it updated today)

ETA: Not that I want this active at all.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

or

Warnings about sodium???

I'm dumbfounded. Truly.

Nope, not hidden...

...but I have a very powerful natural ignore filter.

I'll put you back on notice now since you apparently sometimes say something useful.

I hardly ever make status updates, that means they should immediately catch your eye. My plan isn't working. :sad:

:flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Aha!

I have the iphone but I scanned and there was still no comments (and it updated today)

Some people were saying it may only be on android.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Aha!

^this

We need a bunch of android MFP app users to try scanning foods to see if it's reproducible...

...this annoying message bug, that is.

If so, that might help the MFP developers to squash this ridiculousness before it needlessly annoys even more users.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I just scanned with my android and nothing happened. It didn't tell me processed cheese crackers are bad for me.

I am in Canada, though...
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I kinda like to be judged. Bring it on, MFP. (But make it disableable for people that don't want it.)
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    I absolutely love that MFP is devoting their attention to this lovely new feature instead of fixing one of the many, many existing bugs in their apps. I have the Windows Phone app and it blows up every few days, usually after I dare to <gasp> actually interact with my friends. I had to uninstall/reinstall four times one day. Four. And this is what they choose to spend their resources doing.

Awesome.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Aha!

^this

We need a bunch of android MFP app users to try scanning foods to see if it's reproducible...

If so, that might help the MFP developers to squash this ridiculousness before it needlessly annoys even more users.

I just scanned a box of Cheez Its, and now it's saying I've hit my protein goal for today. The other day it said "Yee haw! You hit your protein goal for today!" after I switched Greek yogurt brands in my diary.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Aha!

^this

As page 1 this thread.
    Everytime I scanned to add another slice of the same bread yesterday it did it.

Today it's doing it even when I select it from recent foods.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Aha!

^this

As page 1 this thread.
    Everytime I scanned to add another slice of the same bread yesterday it did it.

Today it's doing it even when I select it from recent foods.

Sounds like this new bug is adapting and becoming even more problematic then.

I hope the developers figure out how to eliminate it before it spreads to iOS users as well.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    What? This can't be real. Can it? :laugh: