New MFP App Comments

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad they're spending time on this instead of improving their incredibly primitive PM system.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    Im upset my food choices dont include messages.

Next were gonna have alarms for meal timing.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    How about tuning up the ridiculous food search function.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the same. I think it might be a helpful tool for beginners and those who aren't aware of certain properties of food. An option to turn it off might be nice, but I'm personally leaving mine on. I can either say, "Thanks app, I got this!" or feel scolded/encouraged into making better choices (which works for me, but not for everyone).

The app knows I've cleared 1000 consecutive days.
    I just scanned another slice of the same bread, into the same meal.
    The app once again told me it was a good choice as it is low in fat.

New feature is dumb and I need a way to turn it off.

This is why I log on FatSecret. Im just here for the Derp
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Don't have this on the iPhone app yet....don't want it either..
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Maybe the app will work for me now? I keep deleting it and re-downloading it trying to get it to work. Even created a new account. Let's hope the update fixed whatever time of the month mode the app has been on.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not on iPhone yet.... Did an upgrade to the app yesterday

Same here-
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I use android... I haven't gotten them...
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    We might have an opportunity to come up with a community name for this feature!

What shall we call it?
    Judgement Mode
    Lunk Alarm
    Traffic Light Mode
    Shouldn't Be Trusted To Feed Myself Mode

NagBot?
    GladysBot?

"Are you *sure* you need another glass of wine?"
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Updating - want to see what it thinks of my 200 calorie Klondike bar. They were on sale, I've had one each day this week. Only 4 in the box so today was the last one. :(
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    God, I hope this doesn't become a thing for the iOS apps/something you can't turn off. I don't really monitor my sodium intake (half the time if I add salt to a meal, I don't even log it), because it's not a huge worry for me health-wise. I gained 50 pounds after high school and all it did was push my blood pressure from "low" to "normal" - it doesn't even read as "high" when it spikes at the doctor's office out of anxiety. It's not a concern. Similarly since most of the sugar I eat is naturally occurring, I've stopped paying so much attention to it in favor of overall carbs, and fiber. I also don't hate fat. I'd prefer not to be nagged about things that are not an issue, because I am meeting my macro goals and getting better at my micro goals, and also losing weight, so, uh, thanks MFP but I really don't need the "help".

Edit: I just updated the app on my iPhone and added some cheese (which put me over my calorie goal for the day, since I've pre-logged everything), and it didn't do a thing.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "Are you *sure* you need another glass of wine?"

I would be shouting at my phone YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM!
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    GOD this app STILL will not work on my phone. I am so frustrated. :explode:
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have droid - it updated yesterday and started doing it - I am not sure I like the comments. You are too high on sodium or sugar or whatever. Right not I am not focused on the micros - if you want to say the three I kind of watch - protein, carb, fat - maybe ok. The rest is annoying because I am just starting to watch macros now that I pretty much have the #1 thing down - my calorie goal.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started getting it yesterday, when I went over my carb "allowance" by 2 grams, which is annoying since I don't care about meeting a very specific macro percentage, rather just a range (like fat should be ~30%, if it's 28% or 32% that's okay by me as long as I'm meeting my caloric goal).

I haven't seen it for any specific food choice message. That would be even more annoying since I'm not interested in "learning to make 'healthier' food choices". I actually left a different tracker partly for that reason. I got tired of it "policing" my food choices". So I hope that this isn't the case with this, and if it is, it's an option that can be turned off.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    well this is one more reason to stick to the website. I hate the app anyway.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the same. I think it might be a helpful tool for beginners and those who aren't aware of certain properties of food. An option to turn it off might be nice, but I'm personally leaving mine on. I can either say, "Thanks app, I got this!" or feel scolded/encouraged into making better choices (which works for me, but not for everyone).

Yeah, I use nutrition data most of the time for their micros. I wish they had a phone app. I don't know how this will ever work for me if it starts on the iPhone app, I'm trying to meet and exceed certain #s... gain weight?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to generate any of these yet, and I hope it stays that way. The alternative is unacceptable.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Yeah, I use nutrition data most of the time for their micros. I wish they had a phone app. I don't know how this will ever work for me if it starts on the iPhone app, I'm trying to meet and exceed certain #s... gain weight?

Oh? I didnt know there wasnt one for the iPhone (im on andriod obviously). The FatSecret phone app blows the MFP phone app away.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

Oh? I didnt know there wasnt one for the iPhone (im on andriod obviously). The FatSecret phone app blows the MFP phone app away.

Thanks so much!
    I'll check out Fat Secret. :)