New MFP App Comments

Options

Replies

• rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I created a new user account and added dozens of eggs and candy bars to the diary. Haven't been able to replicate this functionality. It must have rolled out only to a select few users.

Your user account shouldn't matter.

You went to the Play store and upgraded the app?

I have the latest version, yes. It's listed as version 3.1.

It's possible it's built into the latest version and is turned on for certain users as a beta test or something. I know of other apps that do something similar.

You might be right about that, because it does seem like different people are receiving different messages.

For example, I haven't received any messages about my specific food choices - even adding a chocolate croissant didn't trigger anything.

The only messages I've been getting are related to my macro goals. I get "praise" upon reaching a macro goal (in green). And a red "naughty naughty" note when I exceed a macro goal.

I didn't even get a notice when I loaded it up and went over my caloric goal - which is actually the only one I give a flying fig about.

It this is what's happening... it's a ****ing stupid way to do it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I created a new user account and added dozens of eggs and candy bars to the diary. Haven't been able to replicate this functionality. It must have rolled out only to a select few users.

It's possible it's built into the latest version and is turned on for certain users as a beta test or something. I know of other apps that do something similar.

You might be right about that, because it does seem like different people are receiving different messages.

For example, I haven't received any messages about my specific food choices - even adding a chocolate croissant didn't trigger anything.

The only messages I've been getting are related to my macro goals. I get "praise" upon reaching a macro goal (in green). And a red "naughty naughty" note when I exceed a macro goal.

I didn't even get a notice when I loaded it up and went over my caloric goal - which is actually the only one I give a flying fig about.

Wait..... wait.

Chocolate croissant?
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I logged tuna salad and got a comment about healthy fat and then a Chipotle burrito bowl and got nothing!
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think my exact reaction was "Hey, phone, remember how when I was shopping for wedding dresses and my mom made a comment about my stomach, I responded by buying a bacon double cheeseburger and eating it while staring at her? I will do that to you right now, and not feel one ounce of guilt or regret. Just delicious deviousness and perverse pleasure in thumbing my nose at your stupid, stupid face. Screen. Whatever."
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hmmm -- I'm on Android (and Apple -- iPad and computer), and all 3 are logged into MFP and are updated and I'm not getting any judgy messages...or happy messages...no messages at all....*tear*.

But when I do, I'm sure I'll look like the crazy girl who glares at her phone and mutters under her breath while at the restaurant....
  • rebalee8
    Options

Wait..... wait.

Chocolate croissant?

Yes. In France they're called "pain au chocolat".

chocolate-croissant.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1233&stc=1&d=1321116889
  • BassAwareness
    BassAwareness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow I'm getting mad, I just got a message warning me that I am getting close to my calorie goal. are you SERIOUS MFP??? I have a MASTERS DEGREE I can see the numbers!!!
  • rebalee8
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1233&stc=1&d=1321116889

200_s.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Wait..... wait.

Chocolate croissant?

chocolate-croissant.jpg

This thread just took a turn for the better.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ugh. This. The first time I had 15,000 calories of peas, I was like WTF???

Can you even imagine how massive a 15,000 calorie serving of peas would be!? LMAO
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It reminds me of the old Microsoft Office Assistant - "Clippy."
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

19706_Clippy3.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Wait..... wait.

Chocolate croissant?

chocolate-croissant.jpg

Somewhere out there, an MFP app is judging that picture...

....and judging it harshly, no doubt.

"Chocolate croissant, huh? I guess you decided to just wear sweat pants for the rest of your life."
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options

19706_Clippy3.jpg

:laugh:
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Wait..... wait.

Chocolate croissant?

chocolate-croissant.jpg

"Chocolate croissant, huh? I guess you decided to just wear sweat pants for the rest of your life."

"You're just jealous that you don't have tastebuds, app."
  • rebalee8
    Options

Wait..... wait.

Chocolate croissant?

chocolate-croissant.jpg

And one day... mysteriously, MFP will just start adding a comment to that effect to our posts.

Edit: At lest some people's posts.

I feel a bit like a sneech all of a sudden.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I have v3.1

Decided to throw random food in. Tuna Salad, Caprese Salad, Cheescake, Pizookie from BJ's Brewhouse annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd nuthin. Apparently my phone doesnt care if I stay fat. :frown:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Probably nobody will read this, but I said intermittently. I don't know what the triggers are, but it doesn't trigger in everything.

You appear to need the latest update on android for annoying messages. I love how everyone is trying to update so they can joim in the moan.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Ok, it just said well done for hitting my protein target.
    Unfortunately that was just due to the serving size bug mentioned earlier that's been going on for months.

Then Mother nagged me that I'm getting to my calorie goal.
    Then Mother nagged me that I'm over my carbs.

Still sure you want that update?

Fatsecret was it?