New MFP App Comments

Options

Replies

• andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We might have an opportunity to come up with a community name for this feature!

What shall we call it?
    Judgement Mode
    Lunk Alarm
    Traffic Light Mode
    Shouldn't Be Trusted To Feed Myself Mode

How about Mother. (Add suffix as needed.)
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Omg is this true, hilarious!
  • regansfit
    regansfit Posts: 9
    Options
    I thought it was kinda cute when I logged my dinner last night and it said "You've met your protein goal for the day!" I was like "aw, I knew that, but thanks, MFP!" I could see how it could annoy me on a day when I'm feeling a little thin-skinned.

For now, though, the comments don't bother me, but using the app on my Galaxy S3 kinda sucks since the most recent update. Constantly logging me out or not syncing/refreshing is irritating. Last night I had to enter dinner 3 times to get it to "sync" and stick in my Food Diary. I also don't see updates from friends or anything unless I manually log myself out and log back in.

I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning, it seems to be helping... But is anybody else have these issues?
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did just get an Android update yesterday, but I guess I haven't added anything through the app since then. I had pre-logged my food for today yesterday and the few things I've added today were through the site. I can't say that I'm looking forward to this occurring...

ETA: One thing I had HOPED they would fix with the app, but apparently haven't, is when I scan an item, then change the serving. For example, default serving size of something is 40 grams. I changed it to the 1 gram setting, then changed my serving to 15. It logged 15 servings of 40 grams each instead of 15 grams. Sigh... That's just annoying.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened on the iphone app yet...... Had to log something unhealthly to check..... wonder what it would say to me :) bodymedia used to scold me but the I shut those comments off..... they never stopped me from chosing the same foods anyway
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they've only released it to certain users so far? I updated last night, and don't have these comments on my Android (that I've noticed). And I just logged a bagel, so I'm sure it would've said something about the carbs.

PS Posting this in Website Feedback might get a response from TPTB.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they've only released it to certain users so far? I updated last night, and don't have these comments on my Android (that I've noticed). And I just logged a bagel, so I'm sure it would've said something about the carbs.

PS Posting this in Website Feedback might get a response from TPTB.

My Android app updated yesterday (as I mentioned a minute ago lol), so I just tested it by adding a 434 calorie candy bar. It didn't give me a comment at all. Weird...
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I thought it was kinda cute when I logged my dinner last night and it said "You've met your protein goal for the day!" I was like "aw, I knew that, but thanks, MFP!" I could see how it could annoy me on a day when I'm feeling a little thin-skinned.

For now, though, the comments don't bother me, but using the app on my Galaxy S3 kinda sucks since the most recent update. Constantly logging me out or not syncing/refreshing is irritating. Last night I had to enter dinner 3 times to get it to "sync" and stick in my Food Diary. I also don't see updates from friends or anything unless I manually log myself out and log back in.

I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning, it seems to be helping... But is anybody else have these issues?
    I have a Galaxy S3 as well. No issues being logged out, but I have had issues syncing. I normally just do a manual sync and all is well.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I wonder why no one else is getting these comments, it might be from a MFP update. Anyway, for example, I logged one hard boiled egg and a little comment popped up that said "Just a heads up...This food is high in cholesterol". Or I logged a sloppy joe and a message popped up that said something about how I'm only supposed to eat a certain number of carbs. I have not yet talked to anyone else getting these messages though.
    I've seen them. I onlyl get them on the app (Android), not the website. Until I can figure out how to turn them off, I'm just ingoring them.

I have the Android App and have not seen these comments. Weird. But I haven't logged an egg yet, so we'll see. It didn't say anything when I logged my candy yesterday.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

No, I've got a problem that if I change a portion size a gram and then add 245 of them or whatever; it goes back to the original portion size and adds a six figure number to my calorie count!

Like you though, I'm glad that rather than fixing these known issues, they've spent their time making the app let me know that bread is low if fat. Every slice I add.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've been getting these messages too. Maybe it's just a feature on the Android app? There seems to be loads of differences between the droid and iPhone apps
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Oh Lord. I use Android. I haven't gotten any of those comments yet. But if I do, I suspect it will go something like the *conversations* that happen in my car:
    Me: Call XYZ
    Car: Calling ABC
    Me: No, call XYZ
    Car: Calling ABC
    Me: No, godammit, call XYZ
    Car: That is an unrecognized command. Please say another command
    Me: F&^% you
    Car: That is an unrecognized command. Please say another command
    Me: F&^% YOU!!!! Aaaaagh!
    Car: That is an unrecognized command Please say another command
    Me: Jumping out of car...

HAHAHAHAHA!

I did this on an automated phone line once, and after a few FUs, the message was, "I think you might want to speak with a representative."
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ETA: One thing I had HOPED they would fix with the app, but apparently haven't, is when I scan an item, then change the serving. For example, default serving size of something is 40 grams. I changed it to the 1 gram setting, then changed my serving to 15. It logged 15 servings of 40 grams each instead of 15 grams. Sigh... That's just annoying.

Omg mine does this all the time too. Apparently I had about 3000cals worth of fruit for lunch!!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I wonder if the people receiving the message on the Android app have some other app linked with their MFP? Could that be the case?

I just added biscuit with gravy, a cappuccino, a Cliff bar, and a Red Bull, on my Android App (Driod mini) and no comment popped up, just an ad for Red Box instant.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    My only complaint about the app is I wish it had access to the forums. Oh well, I guess I will stick to Reddit r/progresspics for now. :P

Same here, but I have used the Chrome browser to access the forums, and it works pretty well for me.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Omg mine does this all the time too. Apparently I had about 3000cals worth of fruit for lunch!!

Ugh. This. The first time I had 15,000 calories of peas, I was like WTF???
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Ugh. This. The first time I had 15,000 calories of peas, I was like WTF???

It always happens with my vegetables, because the portion sizes are usually 80g instead of 100g.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I don't have the app but that would be annoying.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have an android and I have not seen them...yet.

I just did a test added all kinds of unhelthy foods, I didn't get a comment. I have a HTC ONE
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    When I go over on my calories this flashes on my screen...how do I get rid of it?

1242750268fatguyslide.gif