New MFP App Comments

Options

Replies

• BassAwareness
    BassAwareness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't like it because it scolded me for logging one hard boiled egg...which has lots of vitamins and minerals and all nine essential amino acids. If anyone figures out how to turn them off please post.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't like it because it scolded me for logging one hard boiled egg...which has lots of vitamins and minerals and all nine essential amino acids. If anyone figures out how to turn them off please post.

Apparently my app isn't updated yet but this would tick me off. Eggs are good for you. All of it--including the yolk.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I got a little yellow warning note about the sugar content of my strawberries and cottage cheese snack. Gee thanks for that helpful advice.

There needs to be a way to make this go away.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I was just in the market for an Android phone specifically to use with this app.

Now, I will NOT buy the Android. I'll check that iPhone is compatible with all my other devices and choose that one instead.

Just like I chose a car that does NOT have a woman telling me where to go, I prefer my phone not tell me nitpicky things about my foods. I have people IRL for that.

p.s. Dear iPhone please feel free to use my quote as a customer testimonial on your site. I want to tell my devices/apps what to do, I do NOT want it the other way around. This is key.

ETA: Dear iPhone, I just read above that you do not even have this app. Get on it, Steve Jobs would be so dissapoints!

ETA2: I have just been informed by PM's that iPhone DOES INDEED have the MFP App. Dear iPhone I apologize sincerely for hearing and then spreading this vicious rumor. I knew Ashton Kutcher could not let me down!

ETA3: When the movie of how MFP started comes out and they do the pre 18million part, I want the part of me to be played by Salma Hayek. Or George Lopez. Depending on whether I've gone through menopause yet.

ETA4: I did not realize how good I've become at the short blurb. My body is ready. For Twitter.

ETA5: Spelling correction, did not realize I had written "have a women telling me where to go". Do I Even English?
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My recently updated and now most of the things I add it says "good choice this has lots of vitamin c" or "youre getting close to your sodium limit" or something like that. I keep wanting to yell back and say "yeah, I sweat a lot during workouts so I WILL be eating more sodium, thanks!!" It's kind of annoying.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Oh I hope they don't add this to the iPhone app! That will p*** me off to no end. I purposely have not updated my iPad because I hate the updates to the iPhone so much and this would be another thing to hate.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord. I use Android. I haven't gotten any of those comments yet. But if I do, I suspect it will go something like the *conversations* that happen in my car:
    Me: Call XYZ
    Car: Calling ABC
    Me: No, call XYZ
    Me: No, godammit, call XYZ
    Car: That is an unrecognized command. Please say another command
    Me: F&^% you
    Me: F&^% YOU!!!! Aaaaagh!
    Car: That is an unrecognized command Please say another command
    Me: Jumping out of car...

Get out of my car!!! Sync and I have the same conversations. It usually ends with me calling her a Mickey Mouse piece of **** (a la Sly Stallone in Demolition Man) and dialing manually.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I was just in the market for an Android phone specifically to use with this app.

Now, I will NOT buy the Android. I'll check that iPhone is compatible with all my other devices and choose that one instead.

Just like I chose a car that does NOT have a woman telling me where to go, I prefer my phone not tell me nitpicky things about my foods. I have people IRL for that.

p.s. Dear iPhone please feel free to use my quote as a customer testimonial on your site. I want to tell my devices/apps what to do, I do NOT want it the other way around. This is key.

ETA: Dear iPhone, I just read above that you do not even have this app. Get on it, Steve Jobs would be so dissapoints!

ETA2: I have just been informed by PM's that iPhone DOES INDEED have the MFP App. Dear iPhone I apologize sincerely for hearing and then spreading this vicious rumor. I knew Ashton Kutcher could not let me down!

ETA3: When the movie of how MFP started comes out and they do the pre 18million part, I want the part of me to be played by Salma Hayek. Or George Lopez. Depending on whether I've gone through menopause yet.

ETA4: I did not realize how good I've become at the short blurb. My body is ready. For Twitter.

ETA5: Spelling correction, did not realize I had written "have a women telling me where to go". Do I Even English?

Wow.
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I see the messages too. The 'good' news is that the comments can also be good. I've seen "This is a great source of vitamin A", or "Congratulations, you've met your protein goal".
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Wow.

Oh I see you are now on the not a fan of me list? Is this to do with recent events or really just this silly posting?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Oh Lord. I use Android. I haven't gotten any of those comments yet. But if I do, I suspect it will go something like the *conversations* that happen in my car:
    Me: Call XYZ
    Me: No, call XYZ
    Me: No, godammit, call XYZ
    Me: F&^% you
    Me: F&^% YOU!!!! Aaaaagh!
    Car: That is an unrecognized command Please say another command
    Me: Jumping out of car...

Get out of my car!!! Sync and I have the same conversations. It usually ends with me calling her a Mickey Mouse piece of **** (a la Sly Stallone in Demolition Man) and dialing manually.

LOL this is what I kind of foresaw with that GPS thing they wanted me to buy. I had a former boss who used to throw phones out car windows. Part of my job was to replace them. I had a system. He comes to mind whenever new technology seems cumbersome.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Its in the update, it is supposed to help you make better choices. There is a pretty simple solution to not getting it - use the website and whala no big deal.

I kind of like getting a "well done this food is high in protein" though.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Wow.

Oh I see you are now on the not a fan of me list? Is this to do with recent events or really just this silly posting?

No idea what you're asking me about. "Wow" was a response to a post, not some sort of sweeping personal judgment of you.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Its in the update, it is supposed to help you make better choices. There is a pretty simple solution to not getting it - use the website and whala no big deal.

I kind of like getting a "well done this food is high in protein" though.

It's strange that some people are getting this and others aren't. Maybe it's just new/inconsistent users?
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Mine told me last night I had too many grams of fat... :huh: Uhm Go F*&% Yourself...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    So they haven't implemented anything to take care of the database errors and duplicates, or added an export function which has been asked for for at least 3 years, but they added a nag feature. FFS...
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The app called me a Bia the other day!!!!:mad:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Wow.

No idea what you're asking me about. "Wow" was a response to a post, not some sort of sweeping personal judgment of you.

I didn't think it was a sweeping personal judgement of me, I was wondering if it was something else. You answered my question though, the post was not to your liking. Maybe too long, maybe too silly. No worries.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Wow.

I didn't think it was a sweeping personal judgement of me, I was wondering if it was something else. You answered my question though, the post was not to your liking. Maybe too long, maybe too silly. No worries.

LOL I was thinking "WOW" as well, but because it amused me...also pretty sure the iPhone App will get the same update eventually..Don't drink the Kool-Aid! LOL :wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What comments are you referring to, exactly? :huh:

You know when you're cooking or prepping and adding as you go? You scan some things (good), you select some items for frequently used (good), you adjust portion sizes and it calculates all the new values (good), you then click 'add selected' because you're using Multi add (good)...

But then, while stirring/draining/serving or whatever you do your usual glance over the foods you've just added to make sure you've not forgotten to add the chicken or something - but you can't.

It's now intermittently interrupted with useful comments like 'well done choosing bread! This is low in fat!'
    or
    'This has xxx sodium in it, your goal for today is xx'

MFP needed this like a hole in the head. I can't fathom someone dense enough to need these comment, especially it being vital that it doesn't wait until the end of the day?!?

You're supposed to be striving to make logging less of a chore, not more of a pain in the butt.

This is real?!? I honestly thought this thread was a joke.

Warnings about sodium???

Warnings about dietary cholesterol content of a particular food???

Congratulation you for the fat content of a specific food item???

How is each and every one of these relevant to otherwise healthy individuals anyhow? Are we still back in the sodium is bad/dietary cholesterol is bad/fat is bad thinking from decades ago?

Just when I think MFP can't do something to surprise me, they do this.

I'm dumbfounded. Truly.