Why are MFP's protein recommendations so high?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In for Big Meat

Always.

+1
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Late to the party but still in, because Big Meat
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Either obvious troll or quite delusional. Either way everyone is wasting their time

That's kinda the point. To waste time while being entertained. Or am I the only one here while at work?
    :looks around:
  • VoodooSyxx
    Options
    And after reading through...Grown man in mud mask, mistaken for a woman, thinks MFP is trying to force-feed him protein. You just can't make this s**t up.
  • leericle
    leericle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Interesting too see how personally people take their protein.
    Either obvious troll or quite delusional. Either way everyone is wasting their time

That's kinda the point. To waste time while being entertained. Or am I the only one here while at work?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'll keep that in mind if I ever become a woman. I don't lift heavy weights because I don't like lifting heavy weights, I don't have a weight room to go to, and I don't want to do it wrong and injure myself.
    Yes, I read the article. Like most people, I'm not an avid strength-trainer. (Maximum I lift is 5 pounds per hand.) I'm not an endurance athlete. (I walk 3-5 miles at a stretch.) So why should I be treated like one in MFP's recommendations? And by people who look at my food diary, I might add...

You should start lifting heavier weight, don't worry, women don't get bulky by accident!!! You might see a little gain in weight at first and during your time of the month but that's normal!!!

Totally assumed you were a chick...

Only able to lift 5 pounds might have been a clue. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Don't tell my boss! I'm also playing Candy Crush in between posts. Seven days until furlough, so they aren't getting much work out of me this week and next.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    ...are you in black face?
    i highly suggest changing your photo...
    And eating more protein.

The OP says he likes facial masks. I should post a pic of me in one of my favorites - then I could be accused of being in 'greenface' which would indicate that I was trying to offend to Martians.

Good Lord.

Only "greenface" hasn't been a practice used throughout history to ridicule and mock a group of people that have been subject to persecution, judgement and stereotypes for years... and black face actually is really offensive... I'm just suggesting that he change is his picture because it can easily be misinterpreted. Like facial masks all you want man- I'm sure they do wonders. I'm just saying it doesn't look right.

That photo didn't look like blackface to me as that entails blackening everything including the lower eyelids and leaving a large lip area light. To me, it looked like either a facial mask, or maybe some kind of special ops face paint.

But you are free to be offended by whatever you choose to be offended by (say that fast 3 times).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I take mine straight from the source. :drinker: :drinker: :smokin:
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you would want to lower your protein, but if you do, just click home, then goals, the custom and change it there
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    And eating more protein.

The OP says he likes facial masks. I should post a pic of me in one of my favorites - then I could be accused of being in 'greenface' which would indicate that I was trying to offend to Martians.

Good Lord.

Only "greenface" hasn't been a practice used throughout history to ridicule and mock a group of people that have been subject to persecution, judgement and stereotypes for years... and black face actually is really offensive... I'm just suggesting that he change is his picture because it can easily be misinterpreted. Like facial masks all you want man- I'm sure they do wonders. I'm just saying it doesn't look right.

is this about to become one of those threads where white people tell other white people what's offensive to black people? SWEET!! I lurve those! Bonus points for this one being about how white people can't moisturize without offending someone.

IN!! I'm so IN

OrRoY80.gif
  • leericle
    Options
    I get that I can do that, but I still don't understand why MFP sets them so high to begin with.
    I don't understand why you would want to lower your protein, but if you do, just click home, then goals, the custom and change it there
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I take mine straight from the source. :drinker: :drinker: :smokin:

Big Meat?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Apologies to the group. MFP's protein goal for me is 112 grams/day. I initially wrote 135 grams/day. I must've copied the wrong number. Sorry about that. But still, I think that's high given my non-athlete status.

No. You custom changed your macros. The 112g is not 15% of your intake.

As Brett said..I think there is some user error going on...and maybe open your diary while your at it.

Can't lift; can't math.

Maybe wearing a mask is what he does best?
  • VoodooSyxx
    Options
    I get that I can do that, but I still don't understand why MFP sets them so high to begin with.

Because it's NOT HIGH! Typically dudes on this site are not setting goals to turn themselves into frail little girls.
  • leericle
    Options
    MFP is defaulting to 20% on protein.

They might've done 15% before, but they've raised it.
    Apologies to the group. MFP's protein goal for me is 112 grams/day. I initially wrote 135 grams/day. I must've copied the wrong number. Sorry about that. But still, I think that's high given my non-athlete status.

No. You custom changed your macros. The 112g is not 15% of your intake.

As Brett said..I think there is some user error going on...and maybe open your diary while your at it.

Can't lift; can't math.

Maybe wearing a mask is what he does best?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The OP may have an XY chromosome combination but they are not a guy.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    And eating more protein.

Good Lord.

is this about to become one of those threads where white people tell other white people what's offensive to black people? SWEET!! I lurve those! Bonus points for this one being about how white people can't moisturize without offending someone.

IN!! I'm so IN

OrRoY80.gif

:drinker:
  • leericle
    Options
    :smooched:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Interesting how the homophobic trolls come out for discussions about "protein."
    The OP may have an XY chromosome combination but they are not a guy.

Now I'm confused. I thought we were talking about protein, but we are really talking about "protein"? :ohwell: