DO YOU EAT WHAT YOU WANT EVERY DAY?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Absolutely not. It would be impossible for me to eat what I want everyday and remain fit.
  • hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    I enjoy a small treat almost every day. For example, I'll have a few squares of dark chocolate or some sunflower seed butter with my afternoon apple. On weekends, I will have a glass of wine with dinner and maybe split a dessert with my fiance.

I am learning, however, to find healthier alternatives for many things. I'm also finding I have few cravings for some of the things I used to eat regularly. I've eliminated white bread, pasta, red meat/pork, and most dairy and have not suffered as much as I thought I would. I've found some great new recipes for vegetables that are savory and filling. I plan on my treats, try to throw in more exercise during the day and count it in with my calories.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    When people think of dieting they think of no sweets, no sugar, and no treats. But, I think you should be able to eat what you enjoy everyday (in moderation of course). Do you agree? Can you still lose weight this way as long as you stay at your calorie goal? What things are you eating everyday as a treat? Or something you incorporate into your diet that may not be "healthy"?

I don't think in terms of a 'diet' with rules and restrictions. I allow myself to eat a variety of foods and nothing is off limits, everything in moderation. I fill my day with healthy functional foods and some not so functional.. just tasty and I stay in my calorie limits.

Ask yourself-
    Am I never in my life going to eat a cookie again? Ice cream? Pizza? French Fries? Cake? .....
    I'd much rather use moderation, portion control and will power....and enjoy life!!!! There is no sin in admitting you love food, sweets or junk food!
  • Yes. Not every single thing I want, but mostly, yes.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    When people think of dieting they think of no sweets, no sugar, and no treats. But, I think you should be able to eat what you enjoy everyday (in moderation of course). Do you agree? Can you still lose weight this way as long as you stay at your calorie goal? What things are you eating everyday as a treat? Or something you incorporate into your diet that may not be "healthy"?

:huh: Weren't you the person who made a post not two days ago talking about your "cheat day" where you eat all the sweets and treats you want after depriving yourself of anything like that the other six days?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I eat what I want but not ALL the foods I want "every day". If I did, I could stay under calories but too much junk in one day would be unhealthy. But I there is no food item I've sworn off completely.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Yes and no. IIFYM isn't carte blanche to eat what you want. The "if it fits" part seems to get lost in these discussions on occasion.
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Yes. What I do is I usually plan out my meals the night before (log them) and plan what I would like throughout the day. I even have my Large Tim Horton's Coffee with Double Cream every single morning...that is one thing I cannot give up!! But it all works into my daily calories so I am good.
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    I pretty much eat what I want. Yesterday I ate Tim Hortons for breakfast and McDonalds for dinner and stayed within my goals for the day. Eat a healthy balanced diet and "unhealthy" food in moderation and you will be fine Taking away all the good things will just set me up for failure.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    I generally eat what I want everyday! I always have a little bit of sugary stuff here and there because I really like sweets! I don't go nuts with the sugar. It usually looks like a small fun-sized candy bar or half a cookie. Something like that. I learned that I love eating! I can't restrict my diet because I like trying everything! C:
  • smithcentral
    smithcentral Posts: 25 Member
    I eat what I want in moderation, but I log everything to stay accountable.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    I try to eat something I enjoy every day, even if it's a small snack like chocolate covered frozen bananas. It's not as if I eat everything that I want every day; otherwise, I'll be loading up on fried chicken, mac and cheese, and all my other favorite foods. So for the most part, I eat clean during the week with a small treat every day, then on the weekends I usually indulge in a meal that I'm craving such as dim sum or sesame chicken.

The key is still moderation and portion size. Whenever I eat a snack, I portion out one serving size, close the container, then start eating. This way it prevents mindless munching. This is important for high fat or caloric foods like nuts and potato chips! :) 1/4 cup nuts is almost 200 calories and it is less than a handful. And I fit in daily exercise so that my net calories, regardless of what I'm eating, are under my intake goal.

My view is that if I'm trying to have better habits for life (instead of seeing this journey as a short-term fix or diet), then we have to enjoy the foods we like from time to time! :)
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    I agree! Moderation is key :)
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    I try to fit in an oreo or two, and some ice cream! Peanut butter is an everyday thing (it fits into my macros, and it's healthy all-natural! Sometimes Nutella, or reeses will make an appearance too!

Brownie with 2 Oreos & Peanut Butter In The Center

64830_10152730165045230_1913703337_n.jpg

Do I want to eat these every day? YES!!

YUM
    Do I? ... no :frown:
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member

Yes, portion control, now i am down 16 kilos
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    No I dont. I dont believe any food is off limits but I think treating myself now and again is better for my self control or portion control. I would eat my daily calories pretty fast if I didnt eat clean everyday
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    I do eat whatever I want in moderation. Sometimes chocolate, ice cream, cookies. As long as I don't go over my calories. When I workout is even better.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    No, cus that's how I got fat. I eat healthy food I want and like now.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    I eat what I want, using portion control and exercise to balance out the fact that I sometimes want junk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    To an extent, yeah.