DO YOU EAT WHAT YOU WANT EVERY DAY?

Options

Replies

• maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    When people think of dieting they think of no sweets, no sugar, and no treats. But, I think you should be able to eat what you enjoy everyday (in moderation of course). Do you agree? Can you still lose weight this way as long as you stay at your calorie goal? What things are you eating everyday as a treat? Or something you incorporate into your diet that may not be "healthy"?

When I eat whatever I want every day I gain weight. If I am within my calorie limit I never get to eat as much of the things I want to eat.

Eating in moderation works if you have the willpower to skate on the razor's edge. It's like telling an alcoholic to only have one drink. Personally, I find it takes more willpower to partially indulge than to not indulge at all. Sometimes I can do it, but it's risky.
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No. I've been craving so many different kinds of fast food lately. If I ate it all.. oh god. Today I'm letting myself have a little of what I've been craving most though. I've saved "space" for it.
  • dizzylizzy213
    dizzylizzy213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Heck no, because I don't want a little bit, once I get started, I want all the chocolate.

^^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a couple oreos(as long as they fit into my budget of course) :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, and only things I like (some more, some less) every day, but I don't eat everything that I want every day.

It's also an aspect of obsessive overeating in my case, sometimes I'd eat even though I didn't really want to, I'd eat just because it was there.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had a few reeses minis, an oreo, and some chocolate today, and still finished a little under my goal! I love this type of dieting!
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    When people think of dieting they think of no sweets, no sugar, and no treats. But, I think you should be able to eat what you enjoy everyday (in moderation of course). Do you agree? Can you still lose weight this way as long as you stay at your calorie goal? What things are you eating everyday as a treat? Or something you incorporate into your diet that may not be "healthy"?
    I eat what I want as long as it fits in my calories for the day.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I should add though, I do eat pretty healthy though, (low fat low cal) I try to incorporate fruits and veggies in my day I drink tons of water, but If I want Ice cream for example, I have it. I just watch the portions and work my day around it calorie wise. I also exercise:smile:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I feel like there's a right answer to this question. If you eat delicious foods including treats within your calories , you will absolutely lose weight!

Now to the survey part of the question. I stop by the C store every work morning for coffee and McDonald's every workout evening for coffee and sometimes a yogurt parfait. I buy breakfast from Taco Bell most if not all work mornings (curse you, waffle taco!!). So no, I see a whole slew of items I "want" but do not get them. A blanket whatever I want simply will not fit a 1500 calorie per day allotment and no matter who you are, surely there's a limit to how much you can exercise!

But do I eat fast food and brownies and cakes and Blizzards, of course I do. They just have to fit my calorie allotment either for the day or week, or I'd need to consciously scrap the week due to going way over.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I am okay with it! I won't let food control me.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want except in controlled quantities. I love chocolate so I find products that satisfy my choco craving but with much less sugar,, carb, calories!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do eat what I want. The majority of the time I just happen to want to eat stuff that helps me achieve my fitness goals. As long as it's within my calorie goal, I eat what I like (EVERYTHING - pizza, burgers, dessert, etc.....all in moderation). I try to get as close to my macro goals as possible but I don't always make it. Still, I'm losing weight and getting toned.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Yep. Eat what I want every day. Weight loss and maintenance is about moderation not deprivation.
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say yes, because I eat things that taste good to me, and I don't eat disgusting "diet" food that tastes terrible, as I used to when I was trying to lose weight. If I'm eating it, it's because I WANT to eat it; I don't eat things because I "have" to. This was my problem with "programs" like Slim-Fast, Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, etc. I hated what I had to eat and couldn't stick with it.
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yup!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Perhaps for some, but some people have trigger foods they need to restrict. Everyone is different, so there is no one way to do something. I think there should be a goal of eating for life and health and dealing with the underlying causes of obesity rather than telling someone to eat what they always do, but less of it. Just making small changes over periods of adjustment should work for most people who want to change their lifestyle.
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

When I eat whatever I want every day I gain weight. If I am within my calorie limit I never get to eat as much of the things I want to eat.

Eating in moderation works if you have the willpower to skate on the razor's edge. It's like telling an alcoholic to only have one drink. Personally, I find it takes more willpower to partially indulge than to not indulge at all. Sometimes I can do it, but it's risky.

^^^^This.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want every single day.....I just watch the quantity.
    Everything in moderation :)
    and yes, I've had success :-D
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. I stayed up until 4am last night playing The Sims 3 :laugh: and happily went downstairs at 2am and got myself some Cadbury Marvelous Creations chocolate, a yoghurt and nakd bar. :bigsmile: