Just Clearing Something Up

Options
For you calorie counters, please be advised that if you do go over on your calories, it's not the number of calories you should be concerned about. It's what's in those calories you should pay attention to. As long as you are eating right, and according to your health goal, you will be fine even if you go over on calories. Lean meats, protein snacks, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains go a very long way. If you are eating these things daily, eliminating the sugars, laying off on the fried foods, leaving the alcohol alone, and staying away from the bad fats, you are going to be fine. It's not all about the calories, ladies and gents. It's what's in those calories that matters.

Replies

• ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So if my calorie goal is 1500 and I go over by 1000 calories every day it doesn't matter as long as those calories are from the right sources? Where's the science behind this claim?
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Just another "clean eating" thread. Nothing to see here. Move along . . . move along.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Oh my life, AGAIN?

Give it up.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    For you calorie counters, please be advised that if you do go over on your calories, it's not the number of calories you should be concerned about. It's what's in those calories you should pay attention to. As long as you are eating right, and according to your health goal, you will be fine even if you go over on calories. Lean meats, protein snacks, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains go a very long way. If you are eating these things daily, eliminating the sugars, laying off on the fried foods, leaving the alcohol alone, and staying away from the bad fats, you are going to be fine. It's not all about the calories, ladies and gents. It's what's in those calories that matters.

So I can eat over my calories if it's healthy foods and still lose weight? really? Can you show me the studies on that?

I think I'm doing pretty darn good eating lean meats, fruits, veggies, ice cream, cookies, brownies and well whatever else that fits in my day.

ETA: This is why if you want nutritional advice you see a dietitian and not a trainer
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's what got me into this mess of needing to use MFP at all. I thought I was eating healthy so I was okay, but when you are so much over that you gain weight, then it really is the calories. If it only mattered what was in those calories, then I probably wouldn't need to be on here at all :/
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Here we go again!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    BRB, going to eat 10,000 calories of chicken breast and pears. I should lose weight, right?

No?

Oh.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    tUWx1KT.gif
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's what got me into this mess of needing to use MFP at all. I thought I was eating healthy so I was okay, but when you are so much over that you gain weight, then it really is the calories. If it only mattered what was in those calories, then I probably wouldn't need to be on here at all :/
    Yep! My sis and I went health nuts for a year. Couldn't figure out why we weren't losing. "Till we came on here and started logging. We were eating too much. End of story
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n2cuk0C0rt1sial0xo1_500.gif
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    tUWx1KT.gif

THIS! Omg no caption needed.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Over my calories by 7 and just ate 4 mini Reese Sticks. That 138# is coming back HARD.
    tumblr_mty7s5fAvN1sj3oxho1_250.gif
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    13884070271386314350.GIF
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    BRB, going to eat 10,000 calories of chicken breast and pears. I should lose weight, right?

No?

Oh.

Ah . . . but are they skinless, organic, free-range chicken breasts fed entirely on marigold seeds and blossoms?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    So I just went over my calories today eating fish and than this delicious dessert... tomorrow do I wake up and all 109 lbs are back?? Or did the fish put me over my calories so I'm ok cause that's healthy right?

14wep2p.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    hD179BDFB_zpse6011fa6.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    So I just went over my calories today eating fish and than this delicious dessert... tomorrow do I wake up and all 109 lbs are back?? Or did the fish put me over my calories so I'm ok cause that's healthy right?

14wep2p.jpg

Depends on what you logged last in your diary.