Just Clearing Something Up

Options

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    For you calorie counters, please be advised that if you do go over on your calories, it's not the number of calories you should be concerned about. It's what's in those calories you should pay attention to. As long as you are eating right, and according to your health goal, you will be fine even if you go over on calories. Lean meats, protein snacks, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains go a very long way. If you are eating these things daily, eliminating the sugars, laying off on the fried foods, leaving the alcohol alone, and staying away from the bad fats, you are going to be fine. It's not all about the calories, ladies and gents. It's what's in those calories that matters.
    BRB, going to eat 10,000 calories of chicken breast and pears. I should lose weight, right?

No?

Oh.

:laugh:
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat 5,000 calories worth of apples and see what happens.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

I hope you have an interesting bathroom decor.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Your poor rectum.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    For you calorie counters, please be advised that if you do go over on your calories, it's not the number of calories you should be concerned about. It's what's in those calories you should pay attention to. As long as you are eating right, and according to your health goal, you will be fine even if you go over on calories. Lean meats, protein snacks, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains go a very long way. If you are eating these things daily, eliminating the sugars, laying off on the fried foods, leaving the alcohol alone, and staying away from the bad fats, you are going to be fine. It's not all about the calories, ladies and gents. It's what's in those calories that matters.

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif

christopher-eccleston-gif-eye-roll.gif
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Your poor rectum.
    Rectum, damn near killed em!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

You know that would be kinda nice, I just wish we didn't have to sign up for an alternate reality to allow it to work, I'm not sure where the sign up sheet is either, must have left it in the inter dimensional transport earlier.

For health, whats in the food can matter a whole lot. But for weight loss its mostly just the plain calories that matter, with small adjustments due to extra metabolic costs of certain ingredients and body differences, unfortunately. But people try to push changing and chasing these tiny differences instead of focusing on the big issue: input calories matter most...so much so as to make most of the rest of it irrelevant in most cases.

And its silly statements like what you made that causes people to later figure out that part of what you said is baloney, and throw the baby out with the bathwater on nutrition and go to "whatever I eat is fine as long as I count calories".
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

Your poor rectum.

No....she said she was going to EAT them! [eyeroll.gif]
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Tell me more.........

tumblr_inline_mr1hkoGbcr1qegw8v.gif
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

Your poor rectum.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Your poor rectum.

As you requested.....

tumblr_n0j9shWtev1s8ghqso1_500.gif
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think o.p is saying for those who go over by a bit it's ok as long as it's not from 4 gallons of ice cream. But by a Apple or some chicken. And not to worry
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think o.p is saying for those who go over by a bit it's ok as long as it's not from 4 gallons of ice cream. But by a Apple or some chicken. And not to worry

Going over is going over, regardless of source.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    For you air breathers out there, please be advised that if you do end up aspirating water, it's not the amount of water you should be concerned about but what's in it. As long as you are breathing the right water, and according to your living goal, you will be fine, even if you go over on your hydrogen - in- your - lungs goal. And by the right water I mean rich, oxygenated water. Because it's not how much water you get in your lungs, it's what KIND of water that matters.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

You don't have to worry too much if you go over a little no matter what you eat.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i could swear i've seen this thread before. :huh:

tumblr_mmsvus5N1U1sp0gj9o1_500.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

You don't have to worry too much if you go over a little no matter what you eat.

Also true. Especially in a deficit-- going over a bit just means you're in slightly less of a deficit.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    i could swear i've seen this thread before. :huh:

tumblr_mmsvus5N1U1sp0gj9o1_500.gif

giphy.gif
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well said
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Oh good, is it time to derail a thread with gifs?
    tumblr_mtluqdieEe1qdlh1io1_400.gif