Why do people get so mean?

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't think the majority of us need info sugar coated.

I prefer my info sugar coated.

Picture_Product_Crystal%20sugar%20coated%20candy.jpg

easier to swallow if it's got sugar on it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think "sourpuss" might be more appropriate than "mean"; mean suggests an aggression you don't really see before it gets locked by moderators. It's more like, "Hey, you clean eating kids, get off my lawn, rabble rabble!" and then equally sourpuss clean eating kids sulking away.
    which kind of kid are you?

tina-fey-amy-poehler-high-five.gif
    popcorn3_zpsf9fc170b.gif
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    By the way, I am only here for the snark.... and to log my food.

Mean people unite.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    What she want's is that the "mean" people need to pat everybody on the back saying they'er, there, their, even if their ideal is dangerous, stupid and dumb. JS

As a professional copy editor, do you even know how much this enrages me?

Let's fight.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Meh. I just come here to be amused by the people who think they know somethin about somethin, even when they don't have a clue. There's a whole lot of that to be amused by. If I need info, I prefer to get it from actual doctors. I'm just weird like that.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    What she want's is that the "mean" people need to pat everybody on the back saying they'er, there, their, even if their ideal is dangerous, stupid and dumb. JS

Let's fight.

as much as lose vs loose? or muscle weighs more than fat?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    By the way, I am only here for the snark.... and to log my food.

Mean people unite.

+1

Here's to science pissing in everyone's bowl of Cheerios
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I always wonder at the sheltered life some people must lead that they get upset at something written in the Internet whether it's sarcasm, disagreement or deliberate nastiness. I mean I live in one of the safest cities on the planet yet everyday someone is cruel or abusive or violent to random strangers in real life.

Do some of you guys live in Bedford Falls or something?
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Meh. I just come here to be amused by the people who think they know somethin about somethin, even when they don't have a clue. There's a whole lot of that to be amused by. If I need info, I prefer to get it from actual doctors. I'm just weird like that.

I read this somewhere here before...

you mean those people here who are acutally doctors? those people who think they know something about something???

there are more than a few of those here along with actual sciencetists etc with letters behind their names and everythin'...

*Mean people unite.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Let's fight.

as much as lose vs loose? or muscle weighs more than fat?

Or I weight all my food...
  • VoodooSyxx
    Options

you mean those people here who are acutally doctors? those people who think they know something about something???

there are more than a few of those here along with actual sciencetists etc with letters behind their names and everythin'...

*Mean people unite.

Sorry, I require proof of education outside of the University of MFP Forums. A BA in BroScience won't cut it.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

*Mean people unite.

Sorry, I require proof of education outside of the University of MFP Forums. A BA in BroScience won't cut it.

It would be a BS in Broscience. Just btdubs
  • SezxyStef
    Options

*Mean people unite.

interesting...see I was always told education <>smarts...ie what do you call someone who graduated at the bottom of their class in medical school???? doctor...

A piece of paper is no good if you don't have the smarts behind it...and I personally prefer people who put their money where their mouth is and prove with more than a degree that they know what they are talking about...

I would trust certian people here about nutrition over any GP because they put time and effort into studying nutrition where as an actual doctor has 1/2 semester course on it....might total 20 hours of actual education on it where here they have spent 10x that much studying data, studies etc.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

ExtraLOL at this given some of your posts that I've read.

:laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Let's fight.

And yet any discussion about misunsed homophones will lead to inevitable and swift strikes.

MFP is very homophonophobic.

True story.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I always wonder at the sheltered life some people must lead that they get upset at something written in the Internet whether it's sarcasm, disagreement or deliberate nastiness. I mean I live in one of the safest cities on the planet yet everyday someone is cruel or abusive or violent to random strangers in real life.

Actually, yes. Why? Would you like someone to lasso the moon for you?
  • VoodooSyxx
    Options

ExtraLOL at this given some of your posts that I've read.

:laugh:

One of my favorite and most amusing posters, you are. Please don't ever stop.
  • VBnotbitter
    Options

Actually, yes. Why? Would you like someone to lasso the moon for you?

Clarence is that you?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I get it, OP. I agree. I've only posted minimally in the forums for this exact reason. People tell me that if I get upset, it's my own fault, that I should leave or "turn off your computer/phone" if you don't want to hear what others have to say. For example, I once posted, mildly complaining, about how identical both the "regular" and "diet" versions of a drink looked and how, in a moment rushing to get through the store, bought the wrong one! I was upset, and just wanted to vent a little. I thought others would empathize and just reaffirm the importance of making conscientious choices, but no. I got a lot of bodybuilder types telling me that I should READ. As if I don't...? Anyway. I agree, hon.
    I have no idea of this incident but in general I think people don't seem to reflect much before posting. I've been on and off here since summer last year and a majority of posts contain the same old crap without adding anything of value. Someone who has been here for four years wrote earlier in the thread that people should use the search function more, which bluntly translates to using their brains and doing their homework (not everything should be served on a silver platter but one can expect newbies to step up and inform themselves, then ask specific/narrow and even half-intelligent questions, which would create a more meaningful experience for everyone). Also one might ask you what value such venting as you refer to brings to the whole community? Maybe it could have been kept in your own newsfeed for your friend list only? Just a thought.
  • VBnotbitter
    Options

*Mean people unite.

interesting...see I was always told education <>smarts...ie what do you call someone who graduated at the bottom of their class in medical school???? doctor...

A piece of paper is no good if you don't have the smarts behind it...and I personally prefer people who put their money where their mouth is and prove with more than a degree that they know what they are talking about...

I would trust certian people here about nutrition over any GP because they put time and effort into studying nutrition where as an actual doctor has 1/2 semester course on it....might total 20 hours of actual education on it where here they have spent 10x that much studying data, studies etc.

As someone who teaches medical doctors for a living, I second this
This discussion has been closed.