Go Team October - Hundred Push-up Challenge

Options

Replies

• stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Repeating W3 this week - switching temporarily to a MWF schedule (with a full day of classes + traveling Tuesday and Thanksgiving on Thursday it seems like the best choice).

W3(b)D2: 10+12+7+7+13(max) = 49 knee pushups
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I totally missed my push-ups today! Argh. Busy Monday. I'm going to catch up tomorrow... Revisiting W3D1! Great work guys - Keep it up!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Lol so looks like im in the group for repeating W3!

12+17+13+13+17= 72
  • meagalayne
    Options
    W3D1 revisited - 10-12-7-7-10 = 46 total push-ups
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    repeat WK3D2

10+12+8+8+12=50 knee pushups!

i feel like i am going backwards :(
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Repeat W3D2 for me as well...

10+12+8+8+12= 50 total push-ups...

Don't worry Tara! It's definitely slow going but it should be -- push-ups are damn hard, lady! You'll get there!
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    Ditto on the Repeat W3D2:

14+19+14+14+20= 81

Tara don't worry- my last set I did some knee pushups at the end as well. It's slow going but it's definitely working- I can do my first sets no problem now- 14 pushups is more that I've ever been able to do before!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks Meag and Gonks-I'm still chugging away at it! glad to know that you guys are on the same day as me though :) and you both are doing great! my triceps have never been my strong suit!! LOL
  • meagalayne
    Options
    thanks Meag and Gonks-I'm still chugging away at it! glad to know that you guys are on the same day as me though :) and you both are doing great! my triceps have never been my strong suit!! LOL
    hahah! Me either!! OH man... I struggle through every single set. Especially the first one, which for the most part I find the worst. Once I get that over with my body seems to say "hey... I remember these. I can do a few of them" but the first set is just totally awful and painful. By the third set I am usually feeling much better. Who knows!! We'll get there :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    LOL!! WE ARE GETTING THERE!! I CAN SAY THAT I AM BETTER NOW THEN WHEN I STARTED SO THATS SOMETHING!

hahah! Me either!! OH man... I struggle through every single set. Especially the first one, which for the most part I find the worst. Once I get that over with my body seems to say "hey... I remember these. I can do a few of them" but the first set is just totally awful and painful. By the third set I am usually feeling much better. Who knows!! We'll get there :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    So, I'm a day late. Sue me. It's not even Thanksgiving here either... Just life getting in the way!

But I did do my W3D3 push-ups yesterday, at the gym before my bullsh*t pilates class.... That's another story. I see to be stalling at W3 so I may just keep doing it until I am able to complete it with a moderate level of competence. I wasn't able to hit the max on the 5th set without my form suffering. The entire set my body was shaking and I was obviously pushing myself to my limits.

I did 11+13+9+9+10(max 13) = 52 total push-ups

Going to re-visit W3 for a third time. Hopefully, third time's a charm!
    How is everyone else doing, progress wise?
  • tjradd73
    Options
    gotta catch up tomorrow! bad day today :(
  • tjradd73
    Options
    repeat WK3D3-

11-13-9-9-15=57 total knee push-ups!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I've been so remiss this past week. Started redoing W3 last Monday and then didn't do the rest. When I'm back home with my parents, it's so easy to fall into unhealthy/lazy behavior patterns that I've been trying to overcome - especially with the end of the semester closing in on me *shudder!*. So, having not completed my redo of W3 last week, I've started again with W3 tonight.

W3(c)D1: 10+12+7+7+15 = 51 knee pushups!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Great job getting back on track Meredith and Tara! We all have those weeks, Meredith - Totally understandable! I'll be starting W3 again tomorrow...

Woooot !! Keep it up everyone!:drinker:
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    So my pushups are on tab for tomorrow buuuuut i just wanted to let everyone know, I was just sitting around my room and noticed my arms are looking rather badass (at least at a certain angle). It was just kind of fun. :bigsmile: I will see y'all tomorrow for updatey goodness
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Gonk - Sooo wicked!! Feels good, right? I know! I can actually notice biceps in my arms now, and my back has some recognizable muscle definition... Absolutely crazy! haha I never thought I'd see the day!

Did my W3D1 today again... Or at least I tried to. My muscles were reeling and I think I was just uber fatigued from yesterday's MONSTER run.

Ended up doing 9+11+7++7+10 = 44 total push-ups
    I was at the gym and had to try and do the sets by memory, which I clearly screwed up. Oh well! Better luck on Wed I hope :happy:
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh so I kinda stopped doing my push-ups. Honestly, in part it's because I've had no appetite at all lately, and I don't want to over-do it and hurt myself or something. I've been doing a lot of walking lately, which has shown me some improvement. I want to start doing them again, I just want to up my protein intake first.

There are a lot of mitigating factors, to be honest. I plan to get back to it someday, once my life schedule is back on track and my diet is healthy again.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    will be doing yesterdays day later today!!! and i think i will be repeatin week 3 again!! yikes!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    halo - Hope you get back to it someday! I imagine I'll be here doing this for a while, so join up with us once again when you've got your appetite and energy back and you want to pick it up again :smile:

Tara - I'll be repeating W3 once again as well... Not making too much progress here, so don't worry! Good luck on your push-ups today!

Did a crazy workout yesterday at the gym and my arms/back/shoulders are screaming. Trying to finish W3D2 today could be tough. I may wait for tomorrow to let my muscles rest a bit...
    -Meag