Go Team October - Hundred Push-up Challenge

Options

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Ok so I almost forgot about pushups today and only managed to squeeze them in after Yoga today- so they were (except the first set) all on my knees. I think I'm going to finish W3 with these and repeat W3 next week after I've gotten a chance to adjust around my new workout schedule.

So today : 12+17+13+13+20= 75
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Great job Stuart and Gonks!!!!

I got mine done today!!! WK2 D2 (all on knees)
    14-16-12-12-17=71!!!

keep up the great work everyone! :)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Week three, Day two.

Blasted through the first four sets. Got to the last set and only made it a little more than half-way through. Did the same number of push-ups today as I did on Monday. (A total of 72.)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Finally back. glad to see you're all keeping up!

Missed Fri and Mon this week... tsk tsk. Back on track today though. I'm about to revisit W2D2 before bed and then I'll round out my week on Friday with W2D3. Starting W3 on Monday!

I'll update you guys tomorrow on my progress. Thanks for keeping this going while I was gone!!
    -Meag
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did my W2D2 revisit last night while I was on speaker phone with my boyfriend lol...

5+6+4+4+8(max) = 29 push-ups! I am making progress.... Feels wonderful!

Keep it up, y'all :bigsmile:
    -Meag
  • tjradd73
    Options
    ok!! I about died today on the push-ups but I made it!!!

so...WK2D3

16-17-14-14-20=81 (knee push-ups)

good luck to everyone!!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone!! You are what is keeping me motivated in this challenge! I completely forgot (again!!) about it. But I remembered around 2am, right before I was going to bed. Just finished them. I figured that since I am redoing W2, but have gotten stronger, I would try rank 2 (still on my knees) instead of rank 1. Woah, boy!!

W2(b)D2(rank2) = 10+12+9+9+12 = 52!!!! :noway: my arms are shot right now, thank the lord I'm going to bed now :smile: The max set was supposed to be at least 13, and but I just couldn't push that last one out.

Keep it up!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Eek! Almost forgot about my push-ups today... Better get those done before dinner!! W2D3 revisited. Starting W3 on Monday. I'll do my exhaustion test Sun morning if I remember :bigsmile: I am going to absolutely do 5+7+5+5+8=30 tonight! No questions asked! :noway:

Hope everyone else is doing great. Slow and steady progress all!

-Meag
  • tjradd73
    Options
    ok so since i finished WK2 D3 do I just do the exhaustion test tomorrow or do I do that plus WK3D1??
  • tjradd73
    Options
    k...wasn't sure how to do this! so i did my exhaustion test (got 16 knee push-ups) and then counted that as my first set of

WK3D1 so...
    16-12-7-7-10=52 total (knee push-ups)

good luck everyone!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Great job Tara! Looks like you did it fine. The exhaustion test is just a way to figure out which program to follow... Seems like you've got it under control!

Going to do my exhaustion test tomorrow morning before I head out for the day. Starting W3 on Monday!
    Hope everyone's keeping up. Where have you all gone? I am not letting you off the hook yet...
    -Meag
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    @meag- got so caught up in my other workouts (got through w1 of my 10k trainer) that pushups got pushed over for a bit. Giving W3 a re-try this week.

Ok w3 take 2-

12+17+13+13+18(max)=73

Whew and I'm still barely getting through them. Well got through them so whoo!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @meag - I'm not ready to be let off the hook quite yet :smile:

@meggonkgonk - getting through 73 pushups is quite a feat, even if it was barely getting through. way to go!

Just started W3D1 - and I think I need to start doing these earlier in the day. Right before bedtime is just not working out. Stats for today: 10+12+7+7+12(max) = 48 knee pushups!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    sweet sassy molassy! you ladies are rocking these push-ups!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: Way to go!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    A personal trainer I spoke to recently said that if you can't do proper push-ups yet to do them on a higher surface or wall and as you get stronger, move that surface lower until you're able to do full push-ups rather than kneeling push-ups. One other thing I hope you're all doing some kind of pulling exercise to balance out the muscles, pull-ups or rows or something like that.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    why are wall push-ups better then knee push-ips?? did the trainer say?? good point about balancing out the muscles though thanks!
    A personal trainer I spoke to recently said that if you can't do proper push-ups yet to do them on a higher surface or wall and as you get stronger, move that surface lower until you're able to do full push-ups rather than kneeling push-ups. One other thing I hope you're all doing some kind of pulling exercise to balance out the muscles, pull-ups or rows or something like that.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I promise I've not run off & joined the circus (although I feel like it w/ my hectic work)! Sorry to let y'all down, but I've had some back problems that began last Monday. I saw the chiro twice (or 3Xs last week) & am feeling better today. I figured I'd best rest it some before trying to tackle Week 3. Since I do feel somewhat better today, I'm going to try Week 3 Day 1 tonight. Will post when it's complete. Thanks for keeping me accountable.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Glad to see you back Vet!! No worries about being absent for a while - Just get back on track and you'll catch up in no time! Hope your back is feeling better :ohwell:

stuartme123 - Not a chance! You are here to stay :) Great job on the push-ups, as always!

I did my exhaustion test today... I find that my 3rd and 4th sets are always easier than my first, because I have to warm my muscles up a bit. I struggled through 13 push-ups before I quit. Going to do W3 anyway, even though I didn't hit 16 push-ups, because I feel like I could do more if I had just warmed up a bit.

Using my exhaustion set as my first of 5, I did: 13-12-7-7-9 = 48 total -- :noway: Way too many pushups. I took major rests in between to get stuff done. Lots of chores and what not. Trying to make it all fit.

Good luck to everyone on W3! :drinker:
    Meag
  • tjradd73
    Options
    WK3D2 done!!

10-12-8-8-13=51 total knee pushups!
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    WK3 D2 14+19+14+14+19= 80

I may have to redo this week- the last 10 of the max set were on my knees and I barely could finish them then.