Go Team October - Hundred Push-up Challenge

Options

Replies

• stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Week 2 done! W2D3 results are in! 5+7+5+5+11 = 33!!

Exhaustion test on Saturday!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    remind me please....when are we suppossed to repeat the exhaustion test???
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    between W2 and W3!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks Meag! :)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options

He also recommended "reverse 6 inches" where you lie on your stomach and lift both legs up from the hips & hold. It's suppose to strengthen the glutes (which keeps the periformis in check & not balled up!). All of which we use in a major way as we are running! :bigsmile:
    Hmm... sounds like something I should be doing! This piriformis is still bugging me! Thanks!

PT on Monday. I hope to learn a lot then. Meanwhile I'm giving everything but walking and the elliptical a rest

I'LL BE BACK!! (In Arnold S Voice) :laugh:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with back pain and I have been sick. I am going to try to start this monday I swear!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    OK it about killed me but I have completed WK2 D1 of the challenge!! (yes, still on knees) :)
    14-14-10-10-15=63 total!!

see ya all on Wednesday!! :)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Tested into week three for a second go around. Only could do like 22 or 23. I've somehow lost anything I did prior to Halloween, it would seem.

I kinda honestly think that, because of how little I did in high school, it's going to be near impossible for me to build any muscle.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    nothings impossible halo!!! if i can gain muscle anyone can gain muscle!! LOL just keep pushing yourself and you will eventually see the results that you are looking for :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Tested into week three for a second go around. Only could do like 22 or 23. I've somehow lost anything I did prior to Halloween, it would seem.

I kinda honestly think that, because of how little I did in high school, it's going to be near impossible for me to build any muscle.
    Duuude.... How little you did in highschool? Come on! I started only being able to do 3 push-ups!! You will make progress and get to 100, but it WILL take time. Don't lose your motivation! Just stick with the program and make sure you are pushing yourself 100% -- It will come. Just be patient!

Still have to fit in my sets. Spent 5 hours today helping my mom move INSANELY heavy office furniture from one office, down 4 flights, to another office and up another flight. Fun times. These sets should be a blast... I'll fit them in sometime before bed.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    -Meag
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just keep losing motivation when I get to a certain point and then stop making progress.

Honestly, I feel as though I have less stamina and strength since I switched from eating a lot of beef to eating chicken, too ... Not really sure if that's playing a role or if there's something else going on, as I'm still getting the same amount of protein.

Perhaps I need to just up my fruit intake again; it's dropped recently and I find that's a great source of energy and motivation for me. I've started some new exercises recently, as well, hopefully those will help to get me on the right track again :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Meag- don't forget to count those calories burnt!! LOL and I know you will get your push-ups in...remember its only 5 or so minutes!!

Halo-if you are getting the same amount of protein, than white meat vs red meat shouldn't have anything to do with it! i'm sure the other exercises you added will start to help out with these push-ups too, and just keep on going! good luck :)
  • onebadrg
    Options
    I keep getting headaches around the forth set and have to quick.

A while back I was doing pushups and had the same issue. Stopped doing pushups and headaches went away.

Anyone have any ideas why I would be getting headaches while doing pushups?

Thank You,

Joel :explode:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Joel- the only thing that I could think of is positional blood pressure issues! some people drop/skyrocket while they are standing up or some peoples do while they are laying down! the only way to know is if you have your BP checked while standing, sitting, and then laying down.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    *whew* My arms were tired from Thursday's set, but I still managed 21 for my exhaustion set- so just barely in column 2 still. Pushups may be MWF this week to adjust for the "extra" day. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Halo- I have to agree, if we can all work our way to 100, so can you!!! Now go get an apple and get to it :-) !

Joel- I have no idea about head aches- are you breathing through your sets?

Good luck every one!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    LOL @ Gonk - you are too funny, girl.

OK - Admission of guilt, time. I didn't do my sets yesterday :ohwell:

Here's my excuse, since I know how good excuses are for weight-loss and fitness (sarcasm): I spent 5 hours moving office furniture yesterday after working nights, and I managed to do a number on some of my muscle sets. Among other things, strained/pulled a muscle in my abdomen (right oblique). When I tried to do my first set yesterday night around midnight I felt like I was about to have a hernia. Not a good sign. I will try to get them in today but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. Muscles still feel all bound up.

Starting W2-Revisit on Monday, assuming my muscles have time to rest. I'll be in Ottawa (on vacation for 4 days) but I will try to get them done anyway. Back on Wednesday!

Have a great start to your week everyone! :drinker:
    -Meag
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Meag- I would say don't even try today. You could just make things worse. Lay off it, let it do what it needs to. Patience will pay off and I think that some rest for your arms may actually be pretty good when you retry W2. Chill out, take the exercise easy, let your body do its thing and I bet you'll be crankin' em out in no time :-)

Also, I try, humor is kiiiiinda my thing. :-) As are emoticons 0=)
  • stuartme123
    Options
    Wow I totally forgot about this challenge over the weekend :( No excuses. It was homecoming weekend, I was entertaining friends and spent a lot of time watching football and drinking and celebrating - and I just FORGOT. Not to worry, I'm not disappearing on you!!

Based on the exhaustion test I took today, I'm going to repeat W2 and really work on my max set. I'm going to do D1 tomorrow and D2 on Thursday. I think I will do D3 on Friday so I can have a rest day before starting the next week on Sunday for my normal schedule.

Cheers!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    k guys not feelin the best today and I'm outta time before work!!! I will do my push-ups tomorrow before work!
  • stuartme123
    Options
    And I'm baaaaaaaaack in the saddle!

W2(b)D1: 4+6+4+4+13 = 31 knee pushups!!! I only got through 24 on my first attempt at W2D1. I love how easy it is to see improvement in this challenge. It's all in the numbers :bigsmile: