Go Team October - Hundred Push-up Challenge

Options
A new challenge for my Too Chubby For My Twenties friends, and anyone else that wants to join in!

The challenge can be found at www.hundredpushups.com - Including an easy to follow schedule and even a logger if you're so inclined.
Post your updates here. I'll start with my beginner stats:

Rank 1 - max out at 3 push-ups with proper form
Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule
Start date: Wed Oct 20th, W1D2 (did some yesterday)

Today's schedule:
SET 1 3
SET 2 4
SET 3 2
SET 4 3
SET 5 max (at least 4)

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
Meag

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Oh I did this about 2 months ago. I'm up for it again! Count me in! Would you like us to record on this thread how many we can do each set?
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I want to do this! I have a hurt ankle right now, so I am pretty limited on ways to work out. This would at least be something. I just did the initial test and fell on my face (quite literally) after 5! That's after a few weeks of doing Jillian Michaels workouts. Too bad I have been doing the knee push ups. I'll do my first set tomorrow and check in afterward.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Oooopsie, didn't do my exhaustion test, lol I did what you had posted nor problem, I'll do my exhaustion in a bit then re-post!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump -will post my stats later. Thanks for starting this, Meag!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Bump. Will be back later with rank and wk1d1 reports...
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Though I wish we'd start this on a Monday since its easier to remember what week I/we are in. Anyway, I'm still going to try and do week 1 before Monday.

Will post my stats later.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hooray! This is going to be awesome, Lets hear it for Michelle Obama Arms! I will try day 1 today, I am pretty bad at military style pushups, I usually do girl ones...... I am guessing those don't count. He he
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would love tp be part of this challenge but I don't think I'm ready for it yet!!! Just tried and I literally couldn't even do 1!!!!! My arms are too puny to push up my vast amount of fat!!!
    I'm gonna keep on with my swimming and hopefully that will build up my arm muscles enough for me to give this a try at a later date!!!!

You are a brave lot making it your goal to do 100 press ups!!!!

I know you can all do it=]
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I actually started this last night! I'm doing girl pushups because I can't quite get the full pushups done. Here are my stats:
    Rank 1
    Completed W1D1 10/19/10
    Maxed out at: 4 pushups

Good luck to everyone!
  • cshaffer213
    Options
    Thanks for starting this challenge Meag!!! :) When i get home from work today i will take my initial test and post the results later on.. Good luck everyone!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hooray! This is going to be awesome, Lets hear it for Michelle Obama Arms! I will try day 1 today, I am pretty bad at military style pushups, I usually do girl ones...... I am guessing those don't count. He he
    :laugh: Hooray for Michelle Obama Arms!! That's right!
    I would love tp be part of this challenge but I don't think I'm ready for it yet!!! Just tried and I literally couldn't even do 1!!!!! My arms are too puny to push up my vast amount of fat!!!
    I'm gonna keep on with my swimming and hopefully that will build up my arm muscles enough for me to give this a try at a later date!!!!

You are a brave lot making it your goal to do 100 press ups!!!!

I know you can all do it=]
    If you want to join us, Emmy, start doing them on your knees and build up your endurance/perfect your form. It's going to take me a LONG time to build up to 100 push-ups! You've got plenty of time... haha

EVERYONE ELSE - Amazing seeing you all here - And good luck! I know we'll all be starting in different places, but it's going to be great having such a supportive network of friends online! :happy:

I know it makes more sense to start on Monday, but I didn't want to wait. As they say - NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT! So many excuses not to get fit and lose weight. "I'll start next week" is just another one! Let's just start this today and keep up the momentum :bigsmile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Exhaustion test- 16 normal (not girl push-up's) :bigsmile:

Since I already messed up and did the first set, then the exhaustion test I'll check whatever level I'm suppose to be on, and start day 1 tomorrow!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Exhaustion test- 16 normal (not girl push-up's) :bigsmile:

Since I already messed up and did the first set, then the exhaustion test I'll check whatever level I'm suppose to be on, and start day 1 tomorrow!
    Wow - You're already a machine, Deanna! Great job :) I'm going to be looking to you for motivation :tongue: Hope you're planning on sticking around!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Update: I just finished my W1D2 and it sucked. I am horrible at these! haha Oh well. Loads of room for improvement, I guess!

By the last set my arms felt like jello and my lower back was really hurting. My form was getting really sloppy so I decided to max out on my knees instead. I managed 15 on my knees before I collapsed. Definitely going to consider starting Week 1 again on Monday...

How's everyone else doing?
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is a cool challenge! (I've always been dreadful at pushups - but that just means that I have lots of room for improvement)

I think I'm going to do mine on a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday schedule (I just gotta be different :smile: ) because those are usually my super busy days when I can almost never make it to the gym, and I've been looking for some small exercise to add into them.

I tried the initial test and I am a proud Rank 1 (barely 2 normal ones)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Join the club Meredith!! (Rank 1 club, that is...) It's alright. By Dec we'll be rocking the sweetest arms/shoulders/back EVER :laugh: And we'll be experts, knocking out push-ups like it's our job. Am I right? God, I hope so...

What's days work best for you! Good luck :drinker:
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    Wooo! Rank 2.
    That was harder than i had thought:(
    I will def be giving this a go!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'm starting from level 2. Not sure if I'm going to go MWF or STT. Figure I'll play it by ear.
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would have been Rank 0 had they not included "0" pushups in rank 1....lol..
  • sophieg77
    Options
    ok ok I'm in. I swore I was going to keep up with everyone in the 'Too Chubby for Twenties' group so I will get into this later tonight after I finish work (it's thursday 12,30pm in Australia) I don't know how it all works so bare with me.

eeeek push ups!

what are the benefits of them any way? Mrs Obama ams? abs?