Friends over 40?

Options

Replies

• ssmkgp
    ssmkgp Posts: 1,425
    Options
    41 already, any one can add me for mutual support & motivation !!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm female,44 yrs old. I have friends on here of all ages, but I'd LOVE to have some more around my own age.
    I'm here every day. I have a lot to lose and I'll keep logging even when I'm done, so I'll be here for a long long time.
    Feel free to add me.
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, and cant believe the self-loathing I see in this thread. Age has nothing to do with anything. It isn't harder, it's the exact same. The math is the exact same as it was before. Please do not friend me. I'll stick with friends from all ages that don't fall back on excuses and just work hard everyday. Cheers.

Aren't you a curmudgeon! Why did you even bother posting? Feeling lonely and self-loathing, maybe.
    Shoe-fly! No one want to be friends with you...even though you're crying out for some.
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for fun accountability friends. I'm 45 :)
    Nicole
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, and cant believe the self-loathing I see in this thread. Age has nothing to do with anything. It isn't harder, it's the exact same. The math is the exact same as it was before. Please do not friend me. I'll stick with friends from all ages that don't fall back on excuses and just work hard everyday. Cheers.

Aren't you a curmudgeon! Why did you even bother posting? Feeling lonely and self-loathing, maybe.
    Shoe-fly! No one want to be friends with you...even though you're crying out for some.

Lol.

If you want friends in your age group, that's fine. I don't see what that has to do with anything. Age isn't a factor. Many people think age has an impact, and that is a false assumption. The calorie requirements for a 20 year old and a 50 year old are the same. It's calories in/out. It's not any harder at any age.

If you all want to cry in your red wine, have at it. It's not sweat off my brow.

I'm not bitter. I don't care what any one does. But, my point is absolutely correct and unarguable.

I'm already friends with some that have commented here. My point is that age doesn't matter. Just make friends with humans. That's all. All ages are struggling with various issues related to health.

Its up to the op what age group they request, the main point is everyone is on here and going to try and make some changes
  • crazymommy5
    Options

Lol.

If you want friends in your age group, that's fine. I don't see what that has to do with anything. Age isn't a factor. Many people think age has an impact, and that is a false assumption. The calorie requirements for a 20 year old and a 50 year old are the same. It's calories in/out. It's not any harder at any age.

If you all want to cry in your red wine, have at it. It's not sweat off my brow.

I'm not bitter. I don't care what any one does. But, my point is absolutely correct and unarguable.

I'm already friends with some that have commented here. My point is that age doesn't matter. Just make friends with humans. That's all. All ages are struggling with various issues related to health.

You had the audacity to insult everyone on a thread, and the individual who posted it, because they want to be friends with people on MFP in their own age group and you say you aren't bitter?
    If you "don't care what what anyone does" than keep your mouth shut and move along.
    There's nothing to see here for you.
    Your point isn't arguable because you made no point.

The topic title is "Friends over 40?", not "I don't associate with humans of other ages so I only want to be friends with people over 40".
    What is arguable is that age DOES matter in regards to weight loss and life experience.
    A woman who is 22, unmarried and has no children has a completely different life experience, view of the world and metabolism than a woman who is 46, married, has 5 children and is going through menopause.

It's not just about "calories in and out" on MFP. It about supporting each other.
    That 46 year old woman who goes to bed at 9am and wakes up at 5 to get five children fed, lunches made and on a school bus before 7 experiences different stressors and eating triggers than that 22 year old who went drinking with friends after work and is lamenting about all the calories she consumed in alcohol and about her jealous boyfriend who wants to break up with her.
    Calories in and calories out might be the same- but psychology, metabolism and just about everything else is different between ages.

In addition, there are age related illnesses that effect weight loss and emotional state in individuals over 40 that don't effect younger individuals. Particularly in the digestive system. MS, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, cancer of the prostate, osteoporosis, arthritis, peri-menopause and menopause are all examples of illnesses that effect individuals over 40. These illness, in turn, effect diet, activity level and mental state. Not to mention the medications, like prednisone, that effect weight loss.

Now, it's your turn to go "cry in your red wine" because you have just been SCHOOLED!
  • Fiery_Phoenix
    Fiery_Phoenix Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 40! Always looking for awesome motivating peeps!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

Lol.

You had the audacity to insult everyone on a thread, and the individual who posted it, because they want to be friends with people on MFP in their own age group and you say you aren't bitter?
    If you "don't care what what anyone does" than keep your mouth shut and move along.

The topic title is "Friends over 40?", not "I don't associate with humans of other ages so I only want to be friends with people over 40".
    What is arguable is that age DOES matter in regards to weight loss and life experience.
    A woman who is 22, unmarried and has no children has a completely different life experience, view of the world and metabolism than a woman who is 46, married, has 5 children and is going through menopause.

It's not just about "calories in and out" on MFP. It about supporting each other.
    That 46 year old woman who goes to bed at 9am and wakes up at 5 to get five children fed, lunches made and on a school bus before 7 experiences different stressors and eating triggers than that 22 year old who went drinking with friends after work and is lamenting about all the calories she consumed in alcohol and about her jealous boyfriend who wants to break up with her.
    Calories in and calories out might be the same- but psychology, metabolism and just about everything else is different between ages.

In addition, there are age related illnesses that effect weight loss and emotional state in individuals over 40 that don't effect younger individuals. Particularly in the digestive system. MS, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, cancer of the prostate, osteoporosis, arthritis, peri-menopause and menopause are all examples of illnesses that effect individuals over 40. These illness, in turn, effect diet, activity level and mental state. Not to mention the medications, like prednisone, that effect weight loss.

Now, it's your turn to go "cry in your red wine" because you have just been SCHOOLED!
    holy crap! who's calling who bitter here? pot, meet kettle! LOL

well at least you got your username spot on, that's for sure!

and you have fun with your big bag of excuses and crazy all mixed together up there.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 39 in a few days... can I be considered as a 40-something-in-training?

no self-loathing here. I liked being 37 because its a prime number, and 36 because it's a square triangle number and also has loads and loads of factors. So 38 has been a bit of a let-down. 39 is kind of cool because it's 13x3 i.e. the product of two primes, sometimes considered a semi-prime, and also because back in the day when I was young and a bit.... I don't know... silly...? I was quite taken by some of the works of Aleister Crowley, and 39 is a back to front 93. Also, I think the first ever hockey number I wore was 39. 40 will be dull... I mean a dull old multiple of ten. 41 will be cool because I'll be a prime number again, and then 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything and that will be amazing.

And I like to be friends with humans. Actually, it would be cool to be friends with a chimpanzee too. Or a bonobo (so long as said bonobo understands that humans are very choosy about who they have sex with and being human is an essential (but not sole) criteria). Actually, really, I'd like to go and meet Homo erectus people. See how they live n stuff...

Excuse me rambling on, I'm in training for being an old fart.
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just turned 48. Love my 40's, do not love how much harder we have to work to get healthy. Add me if you like.
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and active! I've had my ups and downs, but overall feel good about where I am today and what I've done to get here. I try to be positive and am always looking for a new thrill!
  • crazymommy5
    Options

Lol.

and you have fun with your big bag of excuses and crazy all mixed together up there.

:laugh: The 49 year got his little 29 year old girlfriend to come to the message boards and insult me! LMAO!!!!
    Oooo- you're both so tough, ganging up on people! :laugh:
    Why don't the two of you run along now and go play with the other middle school minded children like yourselves and leave the mature, intelligent adults alone.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 42, please feel free to add me! (that goes for everyone on this thread :smile: )
  • Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    having a great time getting back into shape in my 40s
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

Lol.

:laugh: The 49 year got his little 29 year old girlfriend to come to the message boards and insult me! LMAO!!!!
    Oooo- you're both so tough, ganging up on people! :laugh:
    Why don't the two of you run along now and go play with the other middle school minded children like yourselves and leave the mature, intelligent adults alone.
    you don't seem to realize the behavior that you are admonishing is exactly that which you are exhibiting, do you?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Place members whom you can't disagree with on ignore rather than the bantering.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, female and socially conservative. Anyone who's over 40 and okay with that can add me. Please include a note.

What does "socially conservative" mean?