NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is that, despite having bought 2 packages of Double Stuf Oreos (it might have been a drunk purchase) Wednesday night, I only ate 2 cookies last night! They were delicious, but I resisted. I didn't want to have to log them into my food diary where everyone could see them. I NEVER would've done that before!
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I bought size 2 jeans! Actually, to be precise, the second pair of size 2 jeans I tried on. The first pair was too loose in the waist! They were different brands, so I think the sizing was a little bit off.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My NSV is....
    I ran my first mile last week, no stopping :)
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Today at work my boss offered me a cookie. Brought the box right over in front of my face so I could look into the box and pick one. I said thanks but no thanks I'm trying to be good. :bigsmile:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I finished week 3 of my c25k and although I am scared of week 4 am excited too.

Never thought I would do anything with running.
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I now can eat my cereal without sweeteners! Yea!
  • caschw
    caschw Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of pants about a month ago that were a size smaller and very tight to take on a trip hoping they would fit. I slipped them on the other day to take to the alteration guy to have shortened and they fit!!! That felt better than any scale victory. :love:
  • dekarlo08
    Options
    I just threw away my maternity jeans that I've been wearing since my daughter was born 7 months ago. It felt AWESOME to get back in my regular jeans!!!!!
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started getting up at 4:20am and running three miles outside before going to work. My NSV is that I am no longer sore after running and I was able to get my butt out there the day after the big snow storm.
  • jjeckels
    Options
    I had to tighten the chest strap to my HRM today...yay for small victories :happy:
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've had a few lately.
    1) my family came down to visit and seperatly my mom, dad, and sister told me how good I look and said "you've lost a lot of weight!" (which is nice because I felt kinda sad that nobody said anything about it at thanksgiving! haha)
    2) my last pair of jeans that I can even half-way wear is so baggy it's ridiculous. I wore them to work yesterday and one of my coworkers said "holy cow! did those used to fit you??", and another one said "ok, seriously, let's get Katie some new pants!"... (I dont plan on wearing them again... I just really dont want to go buy pants and have them not be down a size from where I was... I probably am though) and yet another told me I was melting away
    3) I saw myself in the mirror during a class at the gym yesterday and my initial reaction wasn't "ugh, gotta do something about it" but rather "I'm doing awesome!"
  • mtwd65
    mtwd65 Posts: 51
    Options
    Blood tests all came back normal, Diet is doing what it was supposed to do. Dr said "You are doing really well"
  • IreneAdler
    Options
    I didn't overeat or mindlessly stuff my face during Superbowl. In fact, I don't eat without thinking anymore.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    All of you guys and gals are awesome!!! keep up the GREAT work!!
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    My NSV happened yesterday when I wore a pair of pants that I haven't touch in over a year because they were too tight. Well, they fit perfectly now!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I just got to dig out an entire box full of pants I haven't worn in over 6 years! Down from a 24W to a 17/18. Woohoo!
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Dreamed about a bison burger with oodles of bacon and cheese - had a chicken salad instead and was much happier, and satisfied!
  • mbrotnitsky
    mbrotnitsky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The food stuff is easy for me i know what to eat and not to eat- the water goes down easy- However I am proud to say
    Drum ROLL PLEASE... I have exercised 4 times this week- 2 mile power walk - this is a huge step for me. My body is responding and it feels good to do it for me.
  • tigerlily2010
    Options
    Awesome NSV for me.

When your sister-in-law who hasn't seen you since Thanksgiving mails you a pair of sleep pants for Valentines Day, and you have to return them because they are too big!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Another non scale vistory. I can now snap my finger again. My finger used to really hurt, and on my left hand I couldn't even bend my tall boy finger. Last week I noticed I could snap my fingers again. My oldest daughter told me last night that my hands were boney! The bad thing is I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to wear my wedding rings because I have moved them from my ring finger to tall boy, and last night when I stuck my hands in my pockets, I almost had a heart attck because my engagement ring fell off! I've still got about 58 more punds to go, and I didn't want to have them sized yet! I don't want to stop wearing them, but maybe it's time to look into a ring guard. This morning when I went to drop off the kids, someone told me that I looked REALLY pretty. They said not you weren't pretty before, but that I look pretty. Wow, I weren't even wearing make up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!