NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went with our son and his wife, and our precious 2 yr old grandson to the rodeo last night. I stopped at McDonalds on the way and bought apple dippers. Then when the intermission started I ate my apple dippers will everyone else around us was eating, nachos and chesse or cotton candy. I also brought bottled water and stayed away from the soft drinks. I am starting to learn to think ahead and the things that I know will bother me, I figure out a way to eliminate them. Like the temptation to eat things I dont need. I certainly dont want to regret all of it later. I am proud of losing 46 pounds so far according to the scale, but even better than that I am proud that I am starting to make some lifestyle changes that wil continue to help me lose and be healthier all around. I also lost 2 to 3 dress sizes, and I am starting to wear dresses that I gave to my mom, and now she has given them back to me because they actually fit again.

Awesome Job!!!! it's about the little steps
    Cheers
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, during my workout, I caught a glimpse of my reflection and noticed a funny indentation gowing down each side of my stomach. Yes, Folks, I'm getting definition!
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    I used my leg muscles to get on the bus today! In the last couple years I also pulled myself in with my arms, depending largely on momentum, rather than relying on my knees. Feel sooooo much better, and myclothes are fitting better too.
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    My NSV for today is that I lost 2 inches in my hips and an inch in each thigh!!!!! My overall body loss is 8 1/4 inches since 2/7/11
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today is that I lost 2 inches in my hips and an inch in each thigh!!!!! My overall body loss is 8 1/4 inches since 2/7/11

That is awesome!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • goldwingrider
    goldwingrider Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I went shopping this past weekend and had to buy a size 4!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    can manage 10 girlie push ups a month ago couldnt even do 2
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I normally hate walking!Now Im leaving the car parked 40 minutes from where I need to go and legging it there,Im size 12(UK) on the bottom and size 18(UK) on top,how I would love to be size 12 on top,thats my ultimate goal,Im not that worried about the scales,Id rather be pleased with what I see in the mirror.Im after five children so it does leave a mark,that dosnt bother me but I have to say Im getting a great kick out of seeing the wobbly bit of skin that hangs over my tummy gradually recede!!!!
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have trained myself to always take the harder road (physically speaking). I work at a University and have to park quite a ways from my building and walk in, up an extremely tall and steep hill. I used to have to rest halfway up. Then I enter my building on the first floor where I work on the fourth. I used to enter the building and take the elevator up and now I take the stairs, even if I'm tired and my legs are burning from walking up that horrible hill.

To me, the transformation of the mind is only the first step in the transformation of the body.
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd week being serious about getting healthier. A couple days ago I was eating a light, healthy lunch with a friend and she looked at my food and said "Wow, so you're actually serious about losing weight, huh?" It was great to not just tell her about all my time in the gym but for her to see it first hand. I felt very motivated. People notice!!
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    When falling asleep at night I have to adjust the way that I am accustomed to laying because my knee bones poke me, or my hip bones start getting uncomfortable.

I have this problem too! As annoying as it is...I welcome the new sleeping "problem" lol. :happy:
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    MY NSV is not having any clothes that fit me good anymore....why?? Because they are all too big....family keeps asking when I am going to go by new clothes.....MY husband asking when I am going to spend money???? WOW!!!!
  • blueymo
    blueymo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite NSV's came the other day when I was getting ready for a trail ride. I put my foot in the stirrup and hopped right up! I haven't been able to mount up on a horse from the ground EVER! So excited!
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have trained myself to always take the harder road (physically speaking). I work at a University and have to park quite a ways from my building and walk in, up an extremely tall and steep hill. I used to have to rest halfway up. Then I enter my building on the first floor where I work on the fourth. I used to enter the building and take the elevator up and now I take the stairs, even if I'm tired and my legs are burning from walking up that horrible hill.

To me, the transformation of the mind is only the first step in the transformation of the body.

Quoted for truth - although I think my brain transformation began well before I was aware I'd be starting to work on weight loss.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My NSV would be, I'm leaner and stronger than before I started this journey. The scale is just a number.
  • mimivillaruel
    Options
    Exercising and eating right have finally become a habit for me. I'm just too happy I can now resist the sweets I used to love!
  • dmoyler
    dmoyler Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2 pair of pants that I could not get past my thighs, I can now get them all the way up.

My form fitted clothing are now a little loose.

A shirt that was too tight around the arms now has more space.

It feels good when clothes that use to be form fitted are now loose.

I can't wait until I can go purchase a whole new wardrobe :-)
  • 40notFatty
    Options
    My NSV is that I haven't eaten a takeaway (chips, chinese, curry, pizza etc) for a whole week, this is good for me as I'm used to eating about 3 or 4 a week!! Now that i'm counting my caloriesall the past weight gain is starting to make sense (Doh!!). I'm also exercising regularly, although, not yet a habit but i'm working on it. Oh, i'm also going shopping next week for some new work clothes as the skirts I bought in October '10 which fitted me nicely are now hanging off me - which is a completely new experience for me! I think i've only gone down one dress size but again, it's a new experience for me - i'm used to going up a dress size!!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My mom noticing that I've lost weight. Dropping a pant size. Cheesy as this may be, my biggest most recent NSV is the fact that I can wrap my hand around my wrist and my thumb and middle finger touch. Barely, but they still touch! LOL
  • virginiaduty
    virginiaduty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    what is a spin class never heard of it---sounds like fun
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!