NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• want_to_be_skinny
    Options
    145716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I joined a new gym in feb and could barely last 1 minute on the eliptical I am up to 15 min now and feel i could go more but my assesment they gave me wants me to do weights so i do 40min of weights after the the eliptical then 30 min of swimming and i can still breathe easy!!!! I now do this 4-5 times a week.... feels absolutely amazing
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My NSV....3 notches in on my belt that is holding up my jeans....and someone that I haven't seen in about 6 weeks that I looked thinner.
  • paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My NSV: I measured myself on 4/3/11 and again yesterday 4/14/11 and I've lost an inch in my thighs, arms, neck, waist, hips and 1/4 inch in my calves. The scale can't show you these resullts!!!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Last night I was laying on the couch watching the late news and my cat had room to lay beside me on the couch instead of having to lay ontop of me.
  • kapana
    kapana Posts: 7
    Options
    Good Idea!!! I have gone 6 days with my favorite Venti Coffe Fapp. at SB, I use to have those 2 times a day, the first day was hard, but each day was a little easier and now I dont really think about them anymore, and my pocket book is also thanking me =).. Good luck to all!
  • pinup_mama
    pinup_mama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

I pulled up, zipped, and -- wait for it -- buttoned my pre-first-baby (4 years ago) college girl jeans. Did I have serious muffin top? Heck yes. But just to know that I could get them on was a pretty awesome feeling. A few months ago they wouldn't even pull up over my hips!!

SW: 200
    CW: 184
    GW: 160
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    In 2007, could barely run half a mile without feeling like my heart was going to explode.
    In 2009, completed my first half marathon!!!!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    I've recently had a lot of stress at work and home and have detoured from my eating and exercise routine. In the past I would have let that be a permanent detour for several months or longer and gained back all my weight and then some. This time I was able to keep my goals in sight and come back to this journey. This is a really big accomplishment for me. It tells me that I am being successful in making this a lifestyle I need to stay with no matter how difficult some days may be.:drinker:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out my closet. I have 2 bags of clothes that don't fit anymore. Went from size XL to a loose L.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    I got honked and waved at by a white van man last night while out running. It's been a while!

That's a serious NSV right there! You go girl! :)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I never thought how important these NSV's are until someone told me about them. They do give encouragement. I have had a few in the past week. The belt that is holding my jeans up is now 3 notches in from when I started.....I can sit in the dining room chair that has arms....and I was able to sit in the ballet theater chair very comfortably...never happened before. AMEN!!!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It may sound silly since I've only really been at this for a week or so, but I feel better. It's not that I suddenly have all this energy or that I look thinner, it's just that I feel better about myself I guess. I still have a long way to go, but I don't feel so "blech" anymore.
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It may sound silly since I've only really been at this for a week or so, but I feel better. It's not that I suddenly have all this energy or that I look thinner, it's just that I feel better about myself I guess. I still have a long way to go, but I don't feel so "blech" anymore.

Not silly at all! That's one of my favorite benefits of following this program - I just feel better! :D

Today someone at my gym sought me out to tell me that she's noticed how much weight I've lost since I started there and encouraged me to keep working at it... totally made my day.
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Went to the candy section @ Wal Mart and watched my sisters buy chocolate. It was hard, but I didn't buy any for me. :)
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV:
    For the first time in my life, my blood pressure isn't crazy high. In fact, it's in the lower to mid normal range! WOOHOO!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I always wondered what NSV stood for :blushing:

... and now I know :laugh:
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 6 skinny jeans on Wednesday...and they fit!
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is great!

I'm happy to say I love my water bottles now. I was one of those that never drank water unless it was really hot or there was nothing else to drink. My first reaction was to grap a Diet Pepsi or a lipton tea. Now I drink anywhere from 12 to 14 glasses a day or 4 to 5 bottles of water and I love it! I'm very proud of myself for that.

Also I can walk around the track for 2 miles in 36 mins without feeling like I'm dying at the end. I love being able to walk fast and actually keep up with my kids when we play baseball. It's a great feeling.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes and not dreading trying them on - my NSV is my increased self confidence.
    I feel happier, eat better and enjoy being active. i love going to the gym and being motivated by everyone around me.
    My boyfriend also helps me with new excercises and changing up my routine.
    It's great.

Also - when my best friend told me I was her inspiration. She wanted to lose weight and I inspired her. She is also going to run her first 5k and she comes to me for advice! :) to me that's a great feeling.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!