NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have 2 non-scale victories this week! The first: logging 12 miles this week on the treadmill. I can now jog 10 minutes at a time and my legs don't feel creaky or achey the next day. The second happened at work: a new, younger, and fitter male coworker looked at my arms (and probably my veins too) while I was struggling taking off someone's wet shoes and said "wow you are totally yoked. Is everybody in the ER in great shape?" And then before I could say anything my other coworker next to us immediately telling him "no, but she goes to the gym after work and she's training for this totally badass mudrun." And it was ME they were talking about :*) !!!!! Seeing myself in their eyes was much better than losing any weight. I felt like a million bucks.
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    when i first started working out, I could barely run 60 seconds. I remember telling myself "you can do it". And last night I finished C25k Week 5- the dreaded 20 minute run. And I did it, I ran the whole stinkin' thing.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    For someone who was always lumpy, plumpy and bumpy in all the wrong places...Im now starting to like my silhouette! Im getting the curves I always wanted but never actually believed I could have. That makes me happy in my own skin for the FIRST time in my life. :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    ^^^Yes you are ;)

my NSV is I have gained back 10 lbs and my clothes still fit exactly the same I am pretty sure. I feel a good amount of it is muscle. I will find out next tuesday how much exactly!!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    My walk to the station used to take me 8 minutes at top speed.I can now do it in 6 without breaking into a trot or gasping for breath, and I very seldom miss my train now!
  • lillieme
    lillieme Posts: 15
    Options
    Due to an injury I have not been able to run. Over the past few years my run time for 3 miles has desintigrated to an abysmal 25-28 minutes.

I put running aside and focused on Circuit Courses and Interval Training with a focus on heart rate goals and manipulations.

I ran 3 miles last week after about 3 months of CC/IT (with no distance running at all) and I blew my mind. I ran 3 miles in 19:35 which I haven't done since 1998. That was a great day for me!
  • dragonairis
    dragonairis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost very much yet, but I put on my go-to comfy shoes for church and they were too wide! And the rest of this week my other shoes have followed suit! That made me set my first mini goal and reward - new shoes!
  • paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My NSV is my legs and arms are starting to get hard with muscle. I love feeeling my own leg and arm muscles lol
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had to convince myself that the gardening was more important to do than running this morning. (Not that either is bad - but I used to HATE running.)

My jeans that had been shrunk due to being washed in warm water just slipped off....
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I always told people I would only run if a bear was chasing me or if there was a man with a chainsaw behind me. The day I started working out, I ran for full speed for 2 minutes. I thought I would die. The next day, 3. Add a minute every day. I'm up to 15 with no sign of a bear or a mass murdering man w/ a chainsaw!! It's not huge compared to some runners, but for me, it is!!
  • kellycasey5
    Options
    No weight loss for me this week...but ALL of my jeans zipped up easily. First I tried my fat pair (which hadn't fit since idk when) and when those were ok I thought, here goes I'll try the regular pairs....all fit. With breathing and bending room! Then for kicks I went for a pair that for some reason I keep even though they haven't fit in maybe 4 years, and they actually zipped! So even though the scale didn't move an inch, it is fabulous to not need to wear sweats because nothing else fits! And I'm keeping the small ones for sure now :) The next NSV goal is to button them lol!
  • kellycasey5
    Options
    I always told people I would only run if a bear was chasing me or if there was a man with a chainsaw behind me. The day I started working out, I ran for full speed for 2 minutes. I thought I would die. The next day, 3. Add a minute every day. I'm up to 15 with no sign of a bear or a mass murdering man w/ a chainsaw!! It's not huge compared to some runners, but for me, it is!!

My thoughts exactly :) 15 minutes is impressive to me, and what I am aiming for at the gym tonight. I may need to borrow the man with chainsaw idea to get me past the 10 minute mark! What an accomplishment! You are my inspiration!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Nsv 1:
    I live on the top floor of my building. Its only a four floor building-8 sets of stairs,so its just a small enough amount that I would feel guilty taking the elevator unless I had groceries or something.
    However,I do still just start to get winded as I reach the top flight of stairs-that is until yesterday when I jaunted all the way to the top and had to double take when I realized.

Nsv 2:
    The "smaller" pair of pants I bought less then a month ago when my old one starting falling off,are now falling off too!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    NSV - I ate an apple on the way home instead of going through drive thru somewhere.......I also took bathing suit pictures this morning. I can see a difference..and the few people I've let see them say they can see a bigger difference...and that I'm looking great....... <insert happy dance>
  • musicjunkie1982
    Options
    Great NSVs everyone! Sometimes we overlook the little things that are actually so big, progress wise.

My NSV is when my boyfriend picked me up and carried me to the bedroom. It should be said that he has a bad shoulder and a bad knee. I was afraid that I was hurting him but he assured me that I weighed "almost nothing" now. YAY!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    NSV
    eating right, taking time for myself, exercing.
    I've lost so much, but gained so much in return, healthy living and seeing my kids grow up is my nsv, everyday is a blessing
  • christinesimone
    christinesimone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1) This morning was a rare morning when all the kids were dropped off and I had the elusive 3 hours to myself. Took myself out to breakfast- it feels so decadent to sit and read the paper by myself!! breakfast is my favorite meal, and e en though I gave myself permission to get anything, and NOT log it- I still got just got the scrambled eggs, bacon, and English muffin! Afterwards I got out my phone and logged every bit in!!

2) I am usually a night snacker- after the kids are in bed I head for the kitchen, telling myself I 'earned' a treat. This is the second night that I have not eaten after dinner!! Huge NSV for me!!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I always used to battle "bored eating," where I ate only because I was bored and thought I could fix that boredom by eating. Soon that "bored eating" became a habit that is being extremely hard to beat. My NSV's are when I get up to get a snack, catch myself, and evaluate if I'm legitly hungry or not. If I truely decide I am, I make a good concious decision on what to eat.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    2 NSV's for me in the last 2 weeks.

Being able to run up to 5 miles at 6.0 when I have ACL and cartilage damage in both knees and it not really hurting terribly bad like it used to. My knees dont even swell up!!!

The second one is punching that extra third hole that didn't exist on my belt and the belt is a size 34 belt and my size 32 pants are too big!!!!
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    Lately my NSV has been...

Realizing that I am a good 20 LBS below the weight on my driver's license (which was a HUGE lie to begin with... ha ha ha)
    Can't wait to get a new one in June and have it show my ACTUAL weight & have a much better picture :):):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!