Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    *flips middle finger... tosses joint*

I'm out ****kkkkkers!

And to those select reasonable responses, thanks for trying to help me, but this days of our lives crap is just too much for me. Reminds me too much of high school.

Well that explains a lot.... Just don't drop your joint in the hot tub honey. Stay classy.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    lmao @ starvation mode, congrats you broke the first law of thermodynamics brb nobel prize

****ing retard

Umm, yeah, you're not much better than the OP with all that.

Agreed. Please stop using that word as an insult, please. and thank you.
    not that i disagree with you in any way about using that word, but there isnt really an insult that can be used without offending anyone (not including whos being insulted)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.
    lol

FYI = need does not equal optimal.

Also, a much easier way to force your body to burn fat is to... maintain a calorie deficit.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.

Maybe, if one has impaired kidneys could protein consumption be a problem. Oh, wait! My kidneys are impaired 35% from chemo and my doctor recommends I get about 1g of protein for every pound of lean mass, since I want to build muscle. Should I fire him?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    IN, PLEASE Mods, I'm begging you, don't delete this thread before I get home this afternoon where I can fully bask in what I am sure is absolute gif awesomeness. Thank you.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Er...wouldn't requirements vary depending on factors like a person's weight, size, activity level, amount of muscle, etc? Maybe YOU only need 8 grams of protein a day but I think some of the bigger and more muscly people here would probably need a fair amount more than that.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just ate 30g of protein for a snack. :ohwell:

im-going-to-die.gif?w=640&size=400x1000
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    lmao @ starvation mode, congrats you broke the first law of thermodynamics brb nobel prize

****ing retard

not that i disagree with you in any way about using that word, but there isnt really an insult that can be used without offending anyone (not including whos being insulted)

*kitten*-nugget
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    There's really no proof that starvation mode exist.

This may have been mentioned already but I haven't gotten that far. There was actually at least one very famous starvation experiment conducted right here in the U.S. I'll just link the wiki for ease but you should check it out the pictures of the people during the experiment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How is sitting in a hot tub considered cardio? :huh:

i'm glad i'm not the only one who caught this.

I want to meet the person who sits in a hot tub for 60 minutes for the express purpose of burning 50 calories.

I think its safe to say that the only cardio happening in a hot tub is sex. :wink: :laugh: Now with that being said, who wants do some cardio? :drinker:

(Scrolls up to check avatar)
    No. Just No.
    (Do you have a sister?)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

****ing retard

That may be so, but she could have just called everyone idiots or a*holes. She doesn't have to demean an entire group of people by using that term to insult others and in turn insult people who actually suffer from Mental Retardation. It's wrong and even the people I work with ( which are people who have been diagnosed with mental retardation) know better than to call someone else a retard...

also, this is the only offensive term that bothers me. I'm fun with the B-word, C-word, any creative concotion of derogatory words... lol. just not Retard.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Er...wouldn't requirements vary depending on factors like a person's weight, size, activity level, amount of muscle, etc? Maybe YOU only need 8 grams of protein a day but I think some of the bigger and more muscly people here would probably need a fair amount more than that.

No, pretty much everyone needs more than 8g of protein a day, even babies.
  • outdoorslife
    outdoorslife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think in order to preserve my faith in humanity I am going to choose to believe that the OP was actually a troll who was having yuks and specifically designed a post so moronic as to intentionally attract as much attention as possible in short time on the forums. The indignant and arrogant attitude on top of that was just icing on the troll-cake.

If that's true, then she's a genius. I, unfortunately, believe she was being sincere.

+1

Thanks for all the laughs today, its been a roller coaster of a day at work! Had to stifle more than one laugh before getting looks from my co-workers!

OP-
    I think I read that you accept your 8gr/day protein, thankful, otherwise I would keel over badly. No meat protein, no function for me. Don't skim, its your enemy, read in detail, and if you don't understand ask.

Preface with - in my opinion, what works for me, but don't quote things as fact without a lot of backup evidence.

Go read many of the targeted forums with legitimate information and MedPub Sci backing, it will only help you.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

****ing retard

*kitten*-nugget
    Jackhat.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    This is what I have done to turn myself into a fat burning machine!

1. Nutrition.

Thank you for sharing what is working for you. I, myself, appreciate anyone who is willing to share their insight into what has helped them get healthier. Good luck on the rest of your journey. God bless.

This is exactly what we didn't want to see happen.

Why? I appreciate the fact that she shared, though I disagree with many of her assertions.

It's just a shame when threads like this go sideways so quickly because it does discourage and shut down meaningful discourse that actually could be helpful or it gets swamped by gifs, insults and mockery.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    At the given rate, this thread's gonna roll before the mods find it.

In.
  • sathor
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php
    So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.
    Sorry, I put in too many zeros. My bad. 0.8 is CORRECT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

http://www.olympichottub.com/health/cardiovascular.html
    While a valid point, and part of why Caffeenee is in many weight loss drugs, one can not cite a source if said source is trying to sell you something, such as, in this case, a hot tub. (Unless you are citing their pricing, or business hours, etc. That is valid. Beyond that, NO.)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I love when people say "it's proven" in general, and it's doubeplusgood if they follow it up with total nonsense.
  • sathor
    Options
    How is sitting in a hot tub considered cardio? :huh:

i'm glad i'm not the only one who caught this.

I want to meet the person who sits in a hot tub for 60 minutes for the express purpose of burning 50 calories.

I think its safe to say that the only cardio happening in a hot tub is sex. :wink: :laugh: Now with that being said, who wants do some cardio? :drinker:

Sex in a hot tub in no bueno but for the sanitation of the tub and for biological reasons.
    If it is your own private one and well maintained... better than a chlorine treated pool...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    This is what I have done to turn myself into a fat burning machine!

1. Nutrition.

Thank you for sharing what is working for you. I, myself, appreciate anyone who is willing to share their insight into what has helped them get healthier. Good luck on the rest of your journey. God bless.

This is exactly what we didn't want to see happen.

Why? I appreciate the fact that she shared, though I disagree with many of her assertions.

It's just a shame when threads like this go sideways so quickly because it does discourage and shut down meaningful discourse that actually could be helpful or it gets swamped by gifs, insults and mockery.

This thread was relatively tame until she started calling people the r-word. At that point, all bets are off.
This discussion has been closed.