Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    So many people here have been miserable about their weight for a long time that they absolutely go nuts over a chance to bully somebody else. The sarcasm level in this thread is asinine. :laugh:

what a helpful post from someone who seems to have it all figured out.

There is a difference between making a legitimate argument against someones ideas and just throwing out sarcastic remarks and giggling like a damn maniac. I read all the posts in this thread using the voices of the hyenas from the Lion King and it is hilarious. :laugh:

I totally agree (though hadn't thought of the hyena voices thing).
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Sure, she went all in rather quickly, but it doesn't negate the original point. Some folks had respectful replies illustrating their disagreement. Others went right for the sarcasm, ridicule and mockery. If you actually want to educate people, encourage meaningful exchanges and minimize the spread of misinformation, the latter isn't going to get it done. The content of the message will be completely lost in the delivery.

Do people really interact like this in their real lives? I just have a hard time imagining that as I think they'd have very few friends, not keep a job and probably get into a good amount of fist fights.

First of all, let me explain a little something to you called the internet. This is a highly social environment away from the niceties of every day life. Thank you for speaking out that someone who does not sugar coat things to perfect strangers must not have a job or friends. I, for one, have a highly formal job where I must keep up a professional appearance at all times. On the internet, I am free to share and express my views in any way I wish and I enjoy being quite a forthright person. If you want to boil down a person who has no name or identity other than an avatar and a screen name, how about you? I would say that, judging by your posts and nothing else, you've been picked on quite a bit. Hence your urgency to defend someone like OP while disregarding the fact that any member with a disabled loved one would be highly hurt by the use of the R word. I'm guessing you are not likely to have many friends and are desperately seeking the approval of others like you, ie: OP who has essentially been outcast from this forum.

The point is that anywhere (such as the internet) where you have a MASS of people from all types of backgrounds, opinions, and behavioral sets (people from different regions handle things differently), you are bound to have a hodge-podge of differing views, most will not be expressed the way you choose to express yours.

I should really save this.

Wow. Thank you for illustrating my point. Well done.

I didn't know that requesting common courtesy and respectful discourse was such a huge thing. They are essentially written into the forum rules, you know.

As for the r-word, I'm pretty ambivalent about it. I think it's the evolution of language, much like dumb and lame are generally accepted descriptors now though they originate from similar origins as the r-word. However, I realize in polite society, some are offended by its use, so I don't use it out of common courtesy.

I'd like common courtesy so I don't have to comb through 14 pages of junk to find the 2 pages of meaningful posts. I'd like to get rid of the disrespectful commentary because (1) it shuts down meaningful exchanges, (2) discourages many from posting at all (and this is a real shame) and (3) makes it more difficult to actually find the good posts.

Hey honey, you don't HAVE to read 14 pages of the "junk". Just like you don't HAVE to respond. Just like you don't HAVE to boil down the personalities of 100 strangers based on their preferred method of internet conversation. Yet you did.

Thank you, Nicole, for making that clear. Before I was unaware of this fact. Good thing you're here to set me straight.

Careful, that pedestal you have yourself up on is getting slippery.
This discussion has been closed.