Cow's milk is bad?

Options

Replies

• rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How many other mammals drink animal milk past a very young age?

How many have that option?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

How many other mammals lift weights?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Good for you, OP, this helps keeps prices down for the rest of us. Now, please also make sure that you give up lobster, prime rib, and expensive real estate . . .
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Recently I stopped drinking cow's milk, first I ditched full cream because it was too 'heavy' and then just gave it up completely in favour of almond milk. IMHO, milk was designed to make a 100 kg calf into a 1000 kg cow. Not good for us! Also, there's that myth about pus and blood. I know it's not true but it gets me every time... ugh.

I like almond milk in my coffee and sub it out to save calories in some dessert recipes. Milk isn't bad for you though, although that's a popular MFP myth people like to spout on here. In fact I sure your trolling right now with your op. Raw milk has excellent health benefits and most people who are lactose intolerant have no problems drinking raw milk. Most of the benefits of milk are lost in the pasteurization process. That's why calves often don't survive when fed pasteurized milk. I'm sure someone will chime in in how bad it is for you momentarily....

Eh. I fed my kids raw human milk and frozen human milk. Many of the benefits were lost during the freezing process, but I wouldn't say most. However, raw milk is an effective topical antibiotic (anti-viral agent as well)
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    After some research, I came to the conclusion that neither cow's milk nor almond milk can be processed so as to get you effed up. I therefore declare it a draw.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I invite any of them to use my stove as they see fit.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

How many animals cook their food?

How many animals sit at a desk every day?

How many animals read?

How many animals built modern civilization?

How many animals wear clothes?

The appeal to nature, of which this is a variety, is a classic fallacious rhetorical tactic.
  • mccindy72
    Options

How many animals read?

The appeal to nature, of which this is a variety, is a classic fallacious rhetorical tactic.

Hey, stop ruining my fun!
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

How many animals read?

E'hm, how many animals are party poopers?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

How many animals read?

I have to say "how many mammals lift weights" was by far my favourite. :flowerforyou:
  • rm33064
    Options
    Recently I stopped drinking cow's milk, first I ditched full cream because it was too 'heavy' and then just gave it up completely in favour of almond milk. IMHO, milk was designed to make a 100 kg calf into a 1000 kg cow. Not good for us! Also, there's that myth about pus and blood. I know it's not true but it gets me every time... ugh.

I like almond milk in my coffee and sub it out to save calories in some dessert recipes. Milk isn't bad for you though, although that's a popular MFP myth people like to spout on here. In fact I sure your trolling right now with your op. Raw milk has excellent health benefits and most people who are lactose intolerant have no problems drinking raw milk. Most of the benefits of milk are lost in the pasteurization process. That's why calves often don't survive when fed pasteurized milk. I'm sure someone will chime in in how bad it is for you momentarily....

Eh. I fed my kids raw human milk and frozen human milk. Many of the benefits were lost during the freezing process, but I wouldn't say most. However, raw milk is an effective topical antibiotic (anti-viral agent as well)

Many but not most huh? Kinda splitting hairs if you ask me. Anyways freezing is the opposite of pasteurizing so I wouldn't try to compare the effects of the two.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    OP: Why are you asking a question in the topic if you're making a assertion in the body of the OP?

Are you attempting to incite a riot over milk?

:huh:

It appears you really don't want to ask a question, you want to argue why you're 'right'.
  • mccindy72
    Options

How many animals read?

I have to say "how many mammals lift weights" was by far my favourite. :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Finally, someone who gets it. Dairy is for making baby mammals fat. Congrats for opening your eyes
    I wish you could explain this to the farmers in the U.S who have this for their livelihood. Since you seem to have a opinion on every subject on these boards, explain why since you always make others give examples.
  • rm33064
    Options

I invite any of them to use my stove as they see fit.

Don't get the whole other animals don't drink milk argument. It's not like they choose not to, it isn't an option for them. If you give it to them they will drink it people. Don't you have any pets?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Finally, someone who gets it. Dairy is for making baby mammals fat. Congrats for opening your eyes
    I wish you could explain this to the farmers in the U.S who have this for their livelihood. Since you seem to have a opinion on every subject on these boards, explain why since you always make others give examples.

I believe that you missed the sarcasm.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Leafy greens turn a 16lb gorilla into a 500lb gorilla. I better stop eating salad.
    and look at panda bears! All that fattening bamboo.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    OP: Why are you asking a question in the topic if you're making a assertion in the body of the OP?

It appears you really don't want to ask a question, you want to argue why you're 'right'.
    If it weren't for flame-baiting and pointless drama, these forums would be nothing but pass-bang-hug threads.
    Shudder.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Many but not most huh? Kinda splitting hairs if you ask me. Anyways freezing is the opposite of pasteurizing so I wouldn't try to compare the effects of the two.

Freezing destroys the immune factors and changes the fats. What additional effects does pasteurizing have?
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

If it weren't for flame-baiting and pointless drama, these forums would be nothing but pass-bang-hug threads.
    Shudder.

10/10 would hug it out