Replies

• robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 173
    Goal for Xmas 163

week 1 -170.2
    week 2- 168.8
    week 3- 170.2 (Bloated, but so thankful that I didn't gain my usual 3-4 lbs. I think the consistent exercise has reduced it)

Sorry I was late with posting my weight.

Its such a good feeling when your "low" weight becomes you "high/PMS" weight. Don't worry about posting late I will get the info into the chart.
  • robynrae_1
    Options
    Looks like last week was slow with the weight loss. Lets try for better numbers this week.

How is everyone doing with getting 210 min of exercise in? I still have 150 mins to go. I plan on doing Zumba tonight and to work ou 60 min on friday, so I just need to fit in 30 more min
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that I've gone back in the gym this week. I can see 138 on the scale on Monday. I'm going to push myself hard for the remainder of this week and even get in the gym on Saturday for Body Combat. I want to be below 140 before Thanksgiving and that should help me reach my goal by Christmas.

Today I did a 5K on the treadmill at the gym.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Exercise-wise I'm doing great. Got in 80 minutes on Monday and 95 minutes today so I'm up to 175 already. I'm not counting my 3 1/2 hours of golf or the practice range in my total. I count the calories because it's better than sitting in front of this computer but it's not really exercise. Now, when I play on Friday and I walk 18 holes, I'll probably count that! I plan to do a 5 mile walk/run interval session tomorrow and that takes about an hour so that coupled with some abs. will get me to the 210 mark. Weight is creeping up though, have to work on de-stressing, getting in more water and watch the portions.
  • robynrae_1
    Options
    I know what you mean.. When did life get this complicated? It seems like it is always something. :ohwell:

I feel like I am doing better now than I would have done in the past. As far as stressing and still watching what I eat and getting exercise in.
  • Ellie113
    Options
    Starting Weight: 274.5
    Goal Weight for this Challenge: 260
    Goal Weight: 168

Hi I'd like to join in ,just restarted my weight loss plan after falling off the wagon,lost 46 ibs and managed to put on 14lbs while I was away!!! so I need a boost.
    Good luck everyone.
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm putting my weight for the 19th as 164 - 8 to go.
  • robynrae_1
    Options
    Ok so it is Friday/ weigh in day.

I think this week we need to change up the exercise goal. Lets try and burn 2,000 calories this week, gooble gooble.

Also I would like eveyone to post a holiday eating tip if they have one.

Opt for the pumpkin pie without crust over the pecan pie, you will save yourself a TON of calories.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and i'm currently 152lbs, so a 1lb weight loss.

I get up every morning at 6 to do the 30 day shred, then I walk my girls to school (20 mins) and go to work and run home most nights (3 miles or 22 mins running). I'm not losing as much as I would like, but the loss of inches (-2.5 off my waist) is a great boost.

I'm beginning to think that meeting my xmas target is possible.

Thanks for setting up this challenge, its really motivating.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Lost 3 lbs this week WAHOO!!! 156 today

2000 cals for exercise is a great goal for the week. I hope to crush that number. Our local Y is having a "Burn the Bird" event on Black Friday and will be offering back to back classes for 3 hrs. I will be teaching for an hour and a half, there's at least a 1000 + cals on just that day :)

My tip for the holidays is GET THE JUNK OUT OF THE HOUSE. If you feel the urge to make 3 doz cookies, share them with your neighbors family and friends. Left over mashed potatos & gravy or pies need to go home with someone else. Make sure the ONE thing that is your most favorite cant resist item, is taken out the door after dinner. And most importantly, if you do indulge a little more than you planned, don't beat yourself up about it. Mentally berating yourself will only make you feel worse, which never helped anyone get back to their fitness program. So if you happen to gain that one extra pound this holiday season, be part of the rare group who actually follows through with their New Year's resolution and manages to shed it again.

Best of luck everyone!
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    My scale is still saying 140lbs but I have a goal of eating only fruits, veggies, and whole grain carbs all weekend. Maybe some lean cuts of meat. I want to see 138 by Monday.
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in today (November 19th) at 137. Down one pound from last week! Holiday eating tip would be take a little bit of anything you want (try to choose more lean proteins and vegetables then carbs) and commit to not going back for seconds. Because it's the holidays I don't mind indulging in very small amounts, as long as I know when to cut myself off! Eat slowly and STOP when you're full. And have dessert but be conscious of your portion and do not go back for seconds.
  • robynrae_1
    Options
    202.3 I am doing a happy dance..... almost below 200.
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    157 again this morning:( no change.
  • jgrandison
    jgrandison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    226 still the same this week and I am praying I don't find friends next week, Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Checking in, I lost 2 lbs. this week and am in the 130's for the first time in almost 10 years!!!! I've only got 4.8 lbs. to hit my goal weight. Plan to workout really hard this week and eat right and enjoy Thanksgiving like a skinny person does!
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    Good Afternoon, my weight is still the same. Help I think I've plateaued.
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    well, I went to look at your diary to see what's been going in your mouth and there's nothing there! Girl, you're not eating enough:laugh: Seriously, take a look at what you have been eating both from a quantity standpoint and a quality standpoint (I so have NO room to talk about this right now!). Compare that to your exercise. It may be that you need to mix things up a little bit. Eat different things, do a different workout, something along those lines. Up the water consumption to try to move things along and flush out any extra salt. Do your logging again, I so easily get off track when I don't log and it may be that simple. Good luck and happy Thanksgiving-I must go start cooking right now!
  • robynrae_1
    Options
    Well happy Friday to everyone. How was everyones thanksgiving?
    I went shopping and bought myself new scale that has a bmi reader. Black friday shpping is scary...
    So on the new scale I am 202, with a bmi of 29%, which is only just overweight and no logger obese.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Considering all the fun things I knew I would be eating yesterday I weighed in yesterday morning....at 156. No loss this week, but that's okay. I burned over 2000 cals in exercise this week and I'm about to head out for a 3 hour cardio session!!

I'm 3 weeks into ChaLEAN Extreme and I feel smaller. I will do measurements at the end of my first 30 days and I'm hoping to see great things!!

Staying positive about the process and knowing that as long as I continue to do good things for my body, my body will do good things for me!!