• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Also sent an email
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And every time I post it has the prompts of the roll over :glasses:

you should report all of this to the MFP coders so they can see an example/testcase to know that the problem exists, and then fix the bug on the next update.

I did Brainy! I actually reported myself! must be a first :laugh:

I hope you get a strike for your thread-breaking behavior.

:angry:

(:flowerforyou:)

It wouldn't be my first hun. I was an original member of the Gutter Gang. Long before you kids came along, we talked bout wieners :laugh: and the owner moderated us
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ha! there are two Part 2's.

go home MFP, you're drunk. :tongue:

Flexing mod muscles, cuz I am gud like that *WTH happened????

now there are 3 of them!

and it's an MFP bug. i've seen it happen in private groups. maybe now that it's visible here MFP will fix the bug.

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Mods rolling threads simultaneously with peons leads to multiple universes.

Ahhhh, but I am but a peon mod my dear. no powers at all

Do you have post edit powers in the forums? I suspect that's the key.

Yes, but yours has it too!

Yup...

...or at least it did.

The last post of this thread will have that link until it rolls.

I'm saying that your forum mod powers *created* this alternate universe...a universe in which these special situations (like the jump link being on the last post of the thread) exist.

Where is that mind blown gif?

And how come you didn't tell me my hair is pretty :sad:

I started off only telling bald men this...and then bent the rules to tell BB. I'm just not ready to expand my hair compliments to an entirely different gender yet.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

you should report all of this to the MFP coders so they can see an example/testcase to know that the problem exists, and then fix the bug on the next update.

And as long as you're fixing stuff, how about the popular blogs list? How could that possibly be broken for this long?
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ha! there are two Part 2's.

go home MFP, you're drunk. :tongue:

Flexing mod muscles, cuz I am gud like that *WTH happened????

now there are 3 of them!

and it's an MFP bug. i've seen it happen in private groups. maybe now that it's visible here MFP will fix the bug.

streams-crossed.jpg

Yup.

Mods rolling threads simultaneously with peons leads to multiple universes.

Ahhhh, but I am but a peon mod my dear. no powers at all

Do you have post edit powers in the forums? I suspect that's the key.

Yes, but yours has it too!

Yup...

...or at least it did.

The last post of this thread will have that link until it rolls.

I'm saying that your forum mod powers *created* this alternate universe...a universe in which these special situations (like the jump link being on the last post of the thread) exist.

Where is that mind blown gif?

And how come you didn't tell me my hair is pretty :sad:

I started off only telling bald men this...and then bent the rules to tell BB. I'm just not ready to expand my hair compliments to an entirely different gender yet.

fine :angry: (flips hair over shoulder)
  • arewethereyet
    Options

And as long as you're fixing stuff, how about the popular blogs list? How could that possibly be broken for this long?

Tell me, or PM me. I will get it to the powers that be.

(but then you have to say I have nice hair )
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Tell me, or PM me. I will get it to the powers that be.

(but then you have to say I have nice hair )

Here's a summary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1224363-popular-blogs-not-updating?page=2#posts-20056879

And if you'll promise to clean up the mathematically bogus entries in the food database, I'll tell you anything you want to hear.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

I hope you get a strike for your thread-breaking behavior.

:angry:

(:flowerforyou:)

It wouldn't be my first hun. I was an original member of the Gutter Gang. Long before you kids came along, we talked bout wieners :laugh: and the owner moderated us

he hehe he. i just called a "kid". clearly that's incorrect. i'm a burro, not a billygoat.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    rollinGIF.gif
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mihjvtxQxt1qasthro1_500.gif

did you just post a GIF of Fred Durst?

'cause that's grounds for a strike!

i was *this* close to adding a disclaimer stating my awareness of his incredible douche-cart status, but figured if it was just for the roll i might slide under the radar.
    you have caught me....fred handed....*bows head in shame*

Limp Bizkit.... weren't they a bunch of Alpha males with a ton of game?
  • lorrennon
    lorrennon Posts: 43
    Options
    Now that sex is no longer a viewed as a commodity or as a leverage tool and is just being given away very casually to whoever catches the eye, it seems to me that women are displaying more emotional instability. To say the least.

Are there women out there who don't give it away? If so I'd love to hear from you flowerforyou

This is a topic, as a man, Im normally silent about. Im not big on sex, yea its fun, but I'd rather just have the relationship.. ANYWAYS.., I was amazed by this comment referring to sex as a "commodity". Unless you are selling sex (or trading it) then it is not a commodity. Save it, sure. Wait until you know the guy,: even better. Making sure he's the one? nothing wrong with that. But a commodity? I would never want a woman that feels she should get something for sex, or anything else for that matter. When I give a woman anything, the only thing I hope for is a smile. Give because you want (preferably from both parties) but to expect something in return is just wrong.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    If passive aggression were a liquid, I'd be drowning.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Was this particular post intentionally or accidentally ironic?
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The OP, or a friend, briefly posted one more thought. ;)
    you think it was OK that he told her he loved her unconditionally and he'd stick by her no matter what?
    They're ill-considered words spoken and believed by those too young to know better. We all have, or should have, some condition which would trigger us to leave a relationship. He invested the same eight months, and drove four hours to meet her. If the Fantasy Her she'd told him she was had shown, or she'd accepted herself and shared the Real Her earlier, the outcome may have been different. Perhaps not! They both could've handled it better, it was a teachable moment--be as up-front as possible, and meet sooner next time! Sometimes I'm glad I'm not dating anymore. It's a crazy (and fun!) time when you are.

I wish the best of luck to both of them on here and in their love life. :)
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    rollinGIF.gif

:laugh: I love Clueless
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    for the record! take back everything I said yesterday. ;P After getting so attacked, I thought I would try/attempt the approach laid out by msf74:

"It's quite simple. A man who has his *kitten* together doesn't have to play games. He has high status / value and is therefore naturally attractive. At that point game playing falls away. He calls the next day if he is free and acts with courtesy. A woman doesn't gamble if she has the winning ticket in her grasp... "

my conclusion is that games are retarded.

I even sent a txt after the date:

"Now I can finally say I had dinner with the most beautiful lady on the planet ;)" - scottie
    "owwww, you really are a gentleman!! Thank you for being so affection!! And was my pleasure to meet you, I really had a wonderful time tonight!"-M
    "Good night Ms.M"-scottie
    "Good night!!! :)"-M

-So I will admit, I was wrong Paige - sending a txt after first dates I guess is actually a gentlemanly thing to do, she specifically said it was lmao.

going over the date:

I was standing by the very expensive restaurant door, (garbed in: ralph lauren jacket, thomas pink tie, Hugo Boss dress shirt - french cuffs, mont blanc cuff links, coach belt, omega watch, armani dress pants, J&M shoes, Mont Blanc pen in dress shirt pocket, cologne: versace eros) and she came up talking on the phone and smiled and kissed me on the cheek... I winked - she was on the phone... -met online so this was the first time we saw eachother - seriously I was stunned, she was dressed up and had obviously taken a great deal of time looking incredible-like me ;P)

go into the restaurant - and she says as we walk to the table that she apologies for being on the phone but she was on the phone with her mother just to be safe, and because her family was worried about her meeting an American man, and she laughed and said she told her mother, father and brothers about me - and 99/100 times this would be my moment to run - instead I said I was flattered (courtesy approach and I felt she was just being so genuine with me it was catchy) and then said "so your accent is not spanish!" what language do you speak? .. "Portuguese" and she was impressed I noticed a difference - I told her actually I couldn't tell a difference, I had my brothers gf from Ecuador attempt to read her FB and she couldn't because it was all in a different language - she was flattered I tried to decipher her stuff.

- I say that meaning typically all of that would be coming on wayyy to strong ever before for me, but she wasn't playing games at all, and was so comfortable in her skin I got to be as well -.. and FYI after the meal, walked her to her car, kissed her on the cheek, she did the same.. smiled and planned out the time and day of our follow up date. - a very very very classy lady.

Whoever said you can't teach a jerk some life-lessons over a forum?!

Thanks for the advice on your parts - despite it being belittling.. if I were to actually finally get into a relationship with a dreamgirl from Brazil from taking it- and all from a random forum - well than FTW!! XD
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Was this particular post intentionally or accidentally ironic?

Intentional.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    double post: but anyway - for the record! take back everything I said yesterday. ;P After getting so attacked, I thought I would try/attempt the approach laid out by msf74:

"It's quite simple. A man who has his *kitten* together doesn't have to play games. He has high status / value and is therefore naturally attractive. At that point game playing falls away. He calls the next day if he is free and acts with courtesy. A woman doesn't gamble if she has the winning ticket in her grasp... "

my conclusion is that games are retarded.

I even sent a txt after the date:

"Now I can finally say I had dinner with the most beautiful lady on the planet ;)" - scottie
    "owwww, you really are a gentleman!! Thank you for being so affection!! And was my pleasure to meet you, I really had a wonderful time tonight!"-M
    "Good night Ms.M"-scottie
    "Good night!!! :)"-M

-So I will admit, I was wrong Paige - sending a txt after first dates I guess is actually a gentlemanly thing to do, she specifically said it was lmao.

going over the date:

I was standing by the very expensive restaurant door, (garbed in: ralph lauren jacket, thomas pink tie, Hugo Boss dress shirt - french cuffs, mont blanc cuff links, coach belt, omega watch, armani dress pants, J&M shoes, Mont Blanc pen in dress shirt pocket, cologne: versace eros) and she came up talking on the phone and smiled and kissed me on the cheek... I winked - she was on the phone... -met online so this was the first time we saw eachother - seriously I was stunned, she was dressed up and had obviously taken a great deal of time looking incredible-like me ;P)

go into the restaurant - and she says as we walk to the table that she apologies for being on the phone but she was on the phone with her mother just to be safe, and because her family was worried about her meeting an American man, and she laughed and said she told her mother, father and brothers about me - and 99/100 times this would be my moment to run - instead I said I was flattered (courtesy approach and I felt she was just being so genuine with me it was catchy) and then said "so your accent is not spanish!" what language do you speak? .. "Portuguese" and she was impressed I noticed a difference - I told her actually I couldn't tell a difference, I had my brothers gf from Ecuador attempt to read her FB and she couldn't because it was all in a different language - she was flattered I tried to decipher her stuff.

- I say that meaning typically all of that would be coming on wayyy to strong ever before for me, but she wasn't playing games at all, and was so comfortable in her skin I got to be as well -.. and FYI after the meal, walked her to her car, kissed her on the cheek, she did the same.. smiled and planned out the time and day of our follow up date. - a very very very classy lady.

Whoever said you can't teach a jerk some life-lessons over a forum?!

Thanks for the advice on your parts - despite it being belittling.. if I were to actually finally get into a relationship with a dreamgirl from Brazil from taking it- and all from a random forum - well than FTW!! XD
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    so retract last statements.

- I'm young so forgive me. I got some stuff to learn :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Scottie - I'm glad things went so well. I hope this brings positive changes to your life. Best of luck to you :)