rejected by online soulmate b/c of weight

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Are you for real?

Where did I judge anyone based on their sexual habits, preferences or desires? People can (and should) approach sex how they are most comfortable. If that meas waiting until marriage - awesome. If that means banging on the first date - awesome.

The people that WERE originally criticized were people like me - people who have (well, had) no problem with sex on the first date. It was very clearly stated that we had (at the "very least") emotional issues.

Waiting for sex does not make a person morally superior.

I'd never resent or criticize a woman (or man) for her (his) views on sex, no matter how conservative they are. Perhaps you should have read all of the topic at hand before assuming and then going on the defensive.

lmao - morals are of course relative - but as for my opinion women who wait and make the dude chase are just superior women period. - they are CLASSY

Now you have your bang buddies, and you have the women who throw themselves on us studs on the 1st date.. and my ideology is always the same "use 'em and loose 'em" .. or just "run"

just being for real!
    [/quote]

I've never thrown myself at anyone. If there was mutual attraction, sometimes I acted on it, sometimes I gently turned it down. Contrary to popular belief, not every woman is looking for a long term relationship (or a husband) while dating. Sometimes, they are just looking for fun. Sex is fun. If some guy thought less of me for sleeping with him on the first date, that says more about him than is does me.

My whole point in all of this stupid "debate" has been: there should be zero judgement for a person based on how they approach and treat sex, as long as both partners are on the same page.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Scottie - I'm glad things went so well. I hope this brings positive changes to your life. Best of luck to you :)

I hope it does as well! :D

Thanks for the wishes of GL, same goes out to you two fold!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Are you for real?

Where did I judge anyone based on their sexual habits, preferences or desires? People can (and should) approach sex how they are most comfortable. If that meas waiting until marriage - awesome. If that means banging on the first date - awesome.

The people that WERE originally criticized were people like me - people who have (well, had) no problem with sex on the first date. It was very clearly stated that we had (at the "very least") emotional issues.

I'd never resent or criticize a woman (or man) for her (his) views on sex, no matter how conservative they are. Perhaps you should have read all of the topic at hand before assuming and then going on the defensive.

lmao - morals are of course relative - but as for my opinion women who wait and make the dude chase are just superior women period. - they are CLASSY

Now you have your bang buddies, and you have the women who throw themselves on us studs on the 1st date.. and my ideology is always the same "use 'em and loose 'em" .. or just "run"

just being for real!

I've never thrown myself at anyone. If there was mutual attraction, sometimes I acted on it, sometimes I gently turned it down. Contrary to popular belief, not every woman is looking for a long term relationship (or a husband) while dating. Sometimes, they are just looking for fun. Sex is fun. If some guy thought less of me for sleeping with him on the first date, that says more about him than is does me.

My whole point in all of this stupid "debate" has been: there should be zero judgement for a person based on how they approach and treat sex, as long as both partners are on the same page.
    [/quote]
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Are you for real?

just being for real!

[/quote]

agree agree agree!

If she was a player like me and is one of the bang buddies then its acknowledged and we have a great deal of fun, and it even can be a tiny bit special. however I NEVER consider them in a relationship, and occasionally it gets to where.. not even occasionally almost every time it gets to the point where they start wanting something more - and it does not nor will ever happen.

as for dates, where its acknowledged prior to our initial interaction that we are both interested in perhaps exploring eachother out to see if there is relationship material going on - if the girl throws herself on me - which happens.. and in using the law of least effort - which basically means I'm confident in myself on the dates to not toot my own horn - I just let them talk about themselves the whole time and prompt them with questions I've developed - if she throws herself on me because I never EVER EVER prompt the sex talk - then I run.

The classy lady, who after 3 weeks is giving me butterflies over letting me hold her hand - now that is the lady I'm not only willing to be with - Its someone I wouldn't feel like I was settling for.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Now that I've completely destroyed the thread with my screwed up quotes.

Scottie, there is no reason to apologize.

The way our society views sex (especially regarding women) is pretty shameful and it's just something I'm passionate about so sometimes I get all worked up. That's on me, not anyone else :)
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Now that I've completely destroyed the thread with my screwed up quotes.

Scottie, there is no reason to apologize.

The way our society views sex (especially regarding women) is pretty shameful and it's just something I'm passionate about so sometimes I get all worked up. That's on me, not anyone else :)

I agree.. the women gets labeled as a wh00re and the guy gets labeled as being a dude.

double standard
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    There are 3 and I reported the glitch. They are working on it.

Oh and Scottie came back and apologized in the other 2 rolls :flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    OMG more?

because the first were just NOT enough.

my day is complete- I can go home.

I'm skipping my workout- it just cant' get any better.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OKAY...is THIS the end of the thread? is this where I post.

KUDOS to SCOTTY for taking on all that.

You know you had my support and I'm so sorry that everyone got on you like that/

DOUBLE KUDOS to SCOTTY for having an awesome date and describing the fashion to a T! fave

TRIPLE KUDOS to SCOTTY for the date going well and him recognizing a nice girl when he sees it.

QUADRUPLE KUDOS to SCOTTY for being a big enough person to rethink a disagreement with EVERYONE and doing some thinking on it and coming back with conclusions that are self reflective and learney. <===not a word, IDC.

UN-KUDOS to the universe for this insane thread split(s)?. I don't even know what happened here but am suspicious the mod presence may be responsible. Resident mod can you comment on this. At least to tell me I'm posting in the most recent thread or the one that will be read?

It was so sad when Scotty posted his paradigm shift or mea culpa's and I thought no one could see it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    wait....

there's more...

how.....

why...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    wait....

there's more...

how.....

why...

click around there are like 3-4 half threads and rolls. It's crazy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    for the record! take back everything I said yesterday. ;P After getting so attacked, I thought I would try/attempt the approach laid out by msf74:

"It's quite simple. A man who has his *kitten* together doesn't have to play games. He has high status / value and is therefore naturally attractive. At that point game playing falls away. He calls the next day if he is free and acts with courtesy. A woman doesn't gamble if she has the winning ticket in her grasp... "

my conclusion is that games are retarded.

I even sent a txt after the date:

"Now I can finally say I had dinner with the most beautiful lady on the planet ;)" - scottie
    "owwww, you really are a gentleman!! Thank you for being so affection!! And was my pleasure to meet you, I really had a wonderful time tonight!"-M
    "Good night Ms.M"-scottie
    "Good night!!! :)"-M

-So I will admit, I was wrong Paige - sending a txt after first dates I guess is actually a gentlemanly thing to do, she specifically said it was lmao.

going over the date:

I was standing by the very expensive restaurant door, (garbed in: ralph lauren jacket, thomas pink tie, Hugo Boss dress shirt - french cuffs, mont blanc cuff links, coach belt, omega watch, armani dress pants, J&M shoes, Mont Blanc pen in dress shirt pocket, cologne: versace eros) and she came up talking on the phone and smiled and kissed me on the cheek... I winked - she was on the phone... -met online so this was the first time we saw eachother - seriously I was stunned, she was dressed up and had obviously taken a great deal of time looking incredible-like me ;P)

go into the restaurant - and she says as we walk to the table that she apologies for being on the phone but she was on the phone with her mother just to be safe, and because her family was worried about her meeting an American man, and she laughed and said she told her mother, father and brothers about me - and 99/100 times this would be my moment to run - instead I said I was flattered (courtesy approach and I felt she was just being so genuine with me it was catchy) and then said "so your accent is not spanish!" what language do you speak? .. "Portuguese" and she was impressed I noticed a difference - I told her actually I couldn't tell a difference, I had my brothers gf from Ecuador attempt to read her FB and she couldn't because it was all in a different language - she was flattered I tried to decipher her stuff.

- I say that meaning typically all of that would be coming on wayyy to strong ever before for me, but she wasn't playing games at all, and was so comfortable in her skin I got to be as well -.. and FYI after the meal, walked her to her car, kissed her on the cheek, she did the same.. smiled and planned out the time and day of our follow up date. - a very very very classy lady.

Whoever said you can't teach a jerk some life-lessons over a forum?!

Thanks for the advice on your parts - despite it being belittling.. if I were to actually finally get into a relationship with a dreamgirl from Brazil from taking it- and all from a random forum - well than FTW!! XD

From the last thread. I don't think it's on the current one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    for the record! take back everything I said yesterday. ;P After getting so attacked, I thought I would try/attempt the approach laid out by msf74:

"It's quite simple. A man who has his *kitten* together doesn't have to play games. He has high status / value and is therefore naturally attractive. At that point game playing falls away. He calls the next day if he is free and acts with courtesy. A woman doesn't gamble if she has the winning ticket in her grasp... "

"Now I can finally say I had dinner with the most beautiful lady on the planet ;)" - scottie
    "owwww, you really are a gentleman!! Thank you for being so affection!! And was my pleasure to meet you, I really had a wonderful time tonight!"-M

-So I will admit, I was wrong Paige - sending a txt after first dates I guess is actually a gentlemanly thing to do, she specifically said it was lmao.

going over the date:

I was standing by the very expensive restaurant door, (garbed in: ralph lauren jacket, thomas pink tie, Hugo Boss dress shirt - french cuffs, mont blanc cuff links, coach belt, omega watch, armani dress pants, J&M shoes, Mont Blanc pen in dress shirt pocket, cologne: versace eros) and she came up talking on the phone and smiled and kissed me on the cheek... I winked - she was on the phone... -met online so this was the first time we saw eachother - seriously I was stunned, she was dressed up and had obviously taken a great deal of time looking incredible-like me ;P)

go into the restaurant - and she says as we walk to the table that she apologies for being on the phone but she was on the phone with her mother just to be safe, and because her family was worried about her meeting an American man, and she laughed and said she told her mother, father and brothers about me - and 99/100 times this would be my moment to run - instead I said I was flattered (courtesy approach and I felt she was just being so genuine with me it was catchy) and then said "so your accent is not spanish!" what language do you speak? .. "Portuguese" and she was impressed I noticed a difference - I told her actually I couldn't tell a difference, I had my brothers gf from Ecuador attempt to read her FB and she couldn't because it was all in a different language - she was flattered I tried to decipher her stuff.

- I say that meaning typically all of that would be coming on wayyy to strong ever before for me, but she wasn't playing games at all, and was so comfortable in her skin I got to be as well -.. and FYI after the meal, walked her to her car, kissed her on the cheek, she did the same.. smiled and planned out the time and day of our follow up date. - a very very very classy lady.

Thanks for the advice on your parts - despite it being belittling.. if I were to actually finally get into a relationship with a dreamgirl from Brazil from taking it- and all from a random forum - well than FTW!! XD

Still trying to take this to the latest thread, holy thread splits batman, what an ordeal. Scotty I hope this proves how much I love you and our online relationship can last 9 more months and a weight gain of 30 lbs before we meet and you reject me in a dark room to cry alone and for some strange reason not flick on the light switch.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I"M STUCK IN AN EPISODE OF STAR TREK HOW DO YOU PEOPLE PUT UP WITH THIS STUFF?

I'VE SEEN MODS FIX THIS KIND OF THING WHY ISN'T THAT ABLE TO HAPPEN HERE?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I tried really hard to bring scotty's apologies from the limbo that is the single page thread rolls in between but had a hard time getting thru all seven levels of hell with the luggage that was his post.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I can has part in dis?
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    But do you really give up?
  • MrTolerable
    Options

going over the date:

Still trying to take this to the latest thread, holy thread splits batman, what an ordeal. Scotty I hope this proves how much I love you and our online relationship can last 9 more months and a weight gain of 30 lbs before we meet and you reject me in a dark room to cry alone and for some strange reason not flick on the light switch.

lmao!!! this was soo thoughtful! lol.

thanks! XD
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    In for round 2..........I mean, I feel I am already emotionally invested so why not........
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh ye gods...

Thank you for spelling out which designers you wore, and the cologne...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: