rejected by online soulmate b/c of weight

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me feel like I am more charming than what I give myself credit for.

This thread is making me thankful a million times over that I'm married. Single ladies, I am so sorry. I don't remember it being quite this douchey when I was out there. :flowerforyou:

I'm single and dating. I'm just grateful to be old enough and wise enough to spot the douches more readily. It can certainly be treacherous!

yeah heaven forbid we take a chick out, pay for her meal, open all the doors, throw compliments around like madmen, and then drop you off back home politely.. and utalize the law of least effort which results on the lady throwing herself on us.

yeah.. we are just awful...

there is only one thing that keeps me up at night after doing this over and over...

coffee.

Honey, I don't need to suffer through dinner with a little boy who plays little boy games just to get a free meal out of someone. I make my own money - and I'll happily take myself out. Also, we can see through compliments that aren't genuine.

Now, spending a great dinner with a smart, handsome guy who doesn't have an insecurity complex and a quid pro quo on the ready? Awesome. Getting a text later to say he had a great time? More awesome.

Oh wait...I have a date with that guy on Thursday. So. Winning.

txting you backk right after a date?

my god girl, run for the hills.

Lol. You really are an idiot Scottie. Women appreciate men who don't play games and are up front and honest about their thoughts, feelings and intentions. If you were half the stud you claim to be, you would know that. I'm betting you don't have anywhere near the success that you say you do and that when your mommy does your laundry, it's more tube socks than anything else.

honest about thoughts, feelings and intentions? - are you a chick yourself bro?!

smh..

chicks play the game hardcore, they love LOVE the dating thing.

puhlease bro, your lying to yourself if you think they want some sissy guy to open up about his feelings... a man is supposed to be a man.

Exactly. And a real man is up front with his woman, treats her with respect, supports her in the things that are important to her, talks to her about things that impact both of them and doesn't try to play games with her head. THAT is what being a real man is.

well I'm not arguing with you there.. but yeah you def do have to play with their head a little, I'm not saying play with her heart, but yeah you totally do have to play with their heads because they do it to you as well.

its the dating world man..
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

I prefer men who know how to capitalize appropriately.

what do you have against e.e. cummings? :huh:
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Game playing is just stupid.. If a guy texted me after three days, I'd be like "No sorry, I don't play games, you missed the boat now go away."
    Sounds like game-playing to me--you're following a secret "rulebook" that you believe will win a good partner rather than fully considering the person in front of you. And that's fine. We almost all do that to some extent, usually based on past dating experience that didn't go according to plan! Sometimes I called after a day--sometimes I called after three days. Depended on how well we hit it off, my schedule, and how complicated our next date was. I admit I never got a reply like yours. Sounds jaded. I'd have been like, "Gosh, dodged a bullet there!" and moved on. I do remember the lawyer who didn't believe me when I cancelled on her due to a cold, and the lady I discarded for losing 4 iPhones. It's all funny in retrospect. :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    hahaha its gonna roll...
  • MrTolerable
    Options

honest about thoughts, feelings and intentions? - are you a chick yourself bro?!

smh..

puhlease bro, your lying to yourself if you think they want some sissy guy to open up about his feelings... a man is supposed to be a man.

No, a man is supposed to be authentic.

You're young and I guess what you are seeing are games commonly played by people who have not yet reached emotional security (no matter how old they are...)

It's quite simple. A man who has his *kitten* together doesn't have to play games. He has high status / value and is therefore naturally attractive. At that point game playing falls away. He calls the next day if he is free and acts with courtesy. A woman doesn't gamble if she has the winning ticket in her grasp...

fair. I'm young and will admit I have a great deal more to learn. If that is the truth, then I will undoubtedly come by it because I'm chasing it down.

and +1. that was a good response.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    This thread is making me feel like I am more charming than what I give myself credit for.

This thread is making me thankful a million times over that I'm married. Single ladies, I am so sorry. I don't remember it being quite this douchey when I was out there. :flowerforyou:

I'm single and dating. I'm just grateful to be old enough and wise enough to spot the douches more readily. It can certainly be treacherous!

yeah heaven forbid we take a chick out, pay for her meal, open all the doors, throw compliments around like madmen, and then drop you off back home politely.. and utalize the law of least effort which results on the lady throwing herself on us.

yeah.. we are just awful...

there is only one thing that keeps me up at night after doing this over and over...

coffee.

Honey, I don't need to suffer through dinner with a little boy who plays little boy games just to get a free meal out of someone. I make my own money - and I'll happily take myself out. Also, we can see through compliments that aren't genuine.

Now, spending a great dinner with a smart, handsome guy who doesn't have an insecurity complex and a quid pro quo on the ready? Awesome. Getting a text later to say he had a great time? More awesome.

Oh wait...I have a date with that guy on Thursday. So. Winning.

txting you backk right after a date?

my god girl, run for the hills.

Lol. You really are an idiot Scottie. Women appreciate men who don't play games and are up front and honest about their thoughts, feelings and intentions. If you were half the stud you claim to be, you would know that. I'm betting you don't have anywhere near the success that you say you do and that when your mommy does your laundry, it's more tube socks than anything else.

smh..

lulz. 24 years old and you think you have life all figured out. :laugh:

you belong on that show where children say funny things for the amusement of adults. :laugh:

I don't have it figured all out? .. I've said I'm a student. -_-

farce alert.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this cluster of effed up misguided dating 'rules' is going to roll.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lhnashHON11qf22ku.gif
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    totally believe it.. the girls that force me to chase them are the ones I actually consider having as a gf. The girls that don't just put out at all for a long time is someone I def consider even more hardcore, because I'm sure there is a great deal more morality in her than the typical moral vacuums I encounter.

and fine, I'm texting Ms. Brazil after the date tonight just that.

Andd, another rule of thumb gentleman, ALWAYS set up the SECOND DATE while ON the first date, odds of seeing that next date skyrocket - and make it super active and out of her comfort zone.. if she is an active person take her to an art museum, and if she is an artist take her on a hike.

and above all smile, be an authority figure, and never get to into the other person because you should love yourself wayyy more.

Hypocrite, much?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    IN for Part Two....
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    First time rolling a thread. Not proud of this one at all.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Are there women out there who don't give it away? If so I'd love to hear from you :flowerforyou:

I'd just like to believe I'm not the only one out there :blushing:

Contrary to what some may believe, "not giving it away" is not exclusively a trait reserved for the fairer sex.

Agreed.

Honestly, I have yet to meet him :ohwell:

Have you tried Tinder?

I recently heard that it's a great app to meet the best of the best in potential mates.

Thanks Jof, but no thanks :laugh: POF was bad enough (what does that stand for again!!):huh:

(Just so we're all clear here, this was a site/app that a particularly vocal participant in this thread was touting a few...egads, a lot of...pages back. Based on the postings of those who supposedly use this site, I honestly can't recommend it at all...and would actually actively recommend against it...but n=1 and all that.

Okay, now back to sprinting towards the merciful roll...)

Very sweet to explain for those that didn't catch that. Like KIK...."Gurl, you on kick?" Dumbass girl that I am just getting back in the game "teehee No. Should I be"

:indifferent: :embarassed: KIK'd the kik real quick :laugh: Lot to learn. Lot. To. Learn. :drinker: (avoid tinder added to list)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    First time rolling a thread. Not proud of this one at all.

1-post-7.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    hahaha you rolled it!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mihjvtxQxt1qasthro1_500.gif
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If I had a soul, maybe I could get a soulmate.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    LOOK AT THAT... TWO PART TWOS!

lol
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    ha! there are two Part 2's.

go home MFP, you're drunk. :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Are there women out there who don't give it away? If so I'd love to hear from you :flowerforyou:

I'd just like to believe I'm not the only one out there :blushing:

Contrary to what some may believe, "not giving it away" is not exclusively a trait reserved for the fairer sex.

Agreed.

Honestly, I have yet to meet him :ohwell:

I wait until I know the girl well before jumping into sex, even if I do flirt with them prior to that point. I feel it adds to the anticipation.

You are the minority sweetie (blows a kiss) 20 years ago I would have hunted you down :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    hahaha you rolled it!

I don't know whether to bow or die in shame