Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling super good today. Got some awesome Christmas presents for my hubby, surprise ones at that! Makes it so much more fun. Did day 4 of the shred and don't feel like I'm going to die! :D
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling super good today. Got some awesome Christmas presents for my hubby, surprise ones at that! Makes it so much more fun. Did day 4 of the shred and don't feel like I'm going to die! :D

I was JUST thinking about how I need to go shopping for presents. I'm internet browsing right now. My bf is no help. He said just pay some of what he owes on his drumset but that's no fun! I need to get him things to open!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Oooh, Rach if he's got a drum set, you could get some accessories for pretty cheap. I got my husband a drum set for Christmas last year and for his birthday this past week, I got him some brushes (for my own sanity, really...) and a music stand. It just depends on what he already has. But sticks and brushes and muffles are all reasonable and combined together would be a great present for a drummer. :smile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Well he still has about $2100 to pay on the set. (It's a 7-piece Pearl Masters Custom!) so I know he wants that paid so he can take it home more than anything. His 10yr old 4-piece pearl set is barely hanging on. I plan on getting him some sticks because he goes through them fairly quickly. He wants a bag that goes over his stool to put spare sticks in (for when he drops them during a song) but I can only find one kind and it's $55!! I could make one custom to him sooo much cheaper but I don't have a sewing machine anymore.

Hmmm.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Took a break from the workouts last night. Needed a break for the muscles. They were pretty sore from the kettlebell routines this week.

I'm really down right now. Can't seem to perk up at all. I can't even find the energy to eat the candy my son brought home from a Halloween party last week.

So on one hand, it's good. I'm not over eating. On the other hand, it's bad because I know I'm severely depressed and can't seem to find my way up and out.

Crossing my fingers it starts to improve soonish.

Katie

Oh no :( I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Wish I could help you! Maybe if do more than cross your fingers? Take a walk with your son, or just have a dance party or something in the house with him. It'll get you moving and the two of you could have a really good time together.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hope everyone's doing well.. weigh-in was the same for me this week. 168.5.. ugh i had some personal probs this week and went out to dinner twice, so the scale was up this morning, though hopefully just due to water weight.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Bought some really cute red heels last night!! I've been on the lookout for a pair for a year or two, but never found any I reeeally liked. Last night i found some cute ones at journeys and HAD to get them. Perfect for my halloween outfit too! I'm taking my chucks along though, because I'm sure I'm not going to last very long heels, especially if heavy drinking is involved. :laugh:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see pics from those who get to dress up this Halloween!! I am not going anywhere, that I know of, so I'm pretty sure I won't be dressing up.

Rach, how are you doing your hair? Or did you get a wig?

I was bored yesterday, so I attempted an older hair style...

spiffh.jpg

spiffha.jpg
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Love the hair!! Too cute!!

My boyfriend wants me to do my hawk. I kinda do a poofy teased mowhawk thing. My hair is still too short to do a more traditional pin-up style.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I was going to dress up for Halloween but seems like my husband has to work.

He wasn't planning to dress up but I'm not going to walk around in a sexy costume and not have my hubby around LOL

So there goes 50.00 bucks! LOL
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see pics from those who get to dress up this Halloween!! I am not going anywhere, that I know of, so I'm pretty sure I won't be dressing up.

Rach, how are you doing your hair? Or did you get a wig?

I was bored yesterday, so I attempted an older hair style...

spiffh.jpg

spiffha.jpg

Wow that looks amazing! How did you do that? I have fine straight hair and can never get it in a style other than straight :cry:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    http://www.videojug.com/webvideo/1940s-pin-up-hair-tutorial

I used this video to help style my hair, except I left the back down. :) It's pretty easy and my hair is very straight.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Pin-Ups!

Bru - your hair is beautiful!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Karen
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Work has me a bit irritated and I'm grumpy because I don't feel like running tonight. Hmph.

On the brightside, my jeans are a bit looser than usual. :flowerforyou:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    I've never been good at saying this, so I will just come out and say it, Nicks grandma passed away this afternoon due to what they think was a massive heart attack. Please keep us in your thoughts. The hardest part is explaining to Grandpa what has happened, Nick's mom and uncles are trying to do that right now. Grandpa has no idea at this point and is going to take it hard as he wasn't well enough to see her. She was suppose to visit him in rehab today and we found out that he has blood in his urine and is going back to the hospital. Please conitnue to pray for him. I hope he fights but we all think he's going to give up. Love you all, please hug your family tight tonight and always. Just please keep us in your thoughts. Thank you all.
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Brunettewife--sorry to hear about your loss, I'll keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts! Stay strong.

I had an extremely stressful week at work, worked 12 hour days most of the week, and had to face one massive failure. And what does the old Mallory do in the face of stress? Buries it in junk food! And that's what I did this week. :( I'm feeling like a total failure, and finding it really tough to get motivated and back on track.

Today the plan is to log everything, stay under my calorie goal for the first time this week, and drink at least 12 cups of water. Here we go!

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are national holidays here. We're going out of town, so you all probably won't hear from me this week, but I'll be sending all the positive vibes I can muster! Enjoy seeing everyone's jaw hit the floor when all you gorgeous ladies walk into your halloween parties looking as hot as you do! :wink:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    hi ladies!!!

Haircut? check. A little shorter than i anticipated... but i like it :) I uploaded a comparison picture from me at my heaviest to now.

Unfortunately... i have a sore throat... and swallowing or eating hurts. so drinking water... is painful. blah... I'll do my best the next few days. Tomorrow is my favorite kickboxing teachers last sunday :( I can never miss her tuesday night class again! haha

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Brunette - You are def in my thoughts and prayers. Hope things get better .
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Bru, so sorry for your loss and family struggles. Hang in there.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Halloween was fun. The party we went to was kinda lame...so we went to a karaoke bar and had a blast just watching people dance and sing their hearts out. Hope you all had fun!! Here's my pin-upish costume...

40138_452985208345_630193345_5289493_3851293_n.jpg

Oh and my new shoes I looooove!!!

IMG_1183.jpg

And one of me and my boyfriend. :)

IMG_1211.jpg
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm trying to put some photos in my post, I've never done it before. How do I do it?

Mary-Anne
    xx

Ok done it!

This was the end of January this year, I wasn't at my heaviest yet, but I wasn't far off!

5131936915_1800b78b45.jpg

This is today 2 stone lighter!

5131935587_9afeb021a8.jpg