What YOU should know about GLUTEN SENSITIVITY

Options

Replies

• santiagojorgem
    Options
    A wise man once said, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging and for god's sake don't poop.

i'm in no hole, being in a hole would mean regretting what i believe and how i feel about it, i just regret that the lot of these people hate to see certain things questioned, especially when they are increasingly being proven to be wrong about it

I was referring to your comment about not being the good guy and being off topic. I think where you're digging is in that you have created a class of person which you are very antagonistic toward, but are not specifically engaging individuals. You are describing loathsome behavior and trashing people who display it, but are conflating the behavior with people who believe they have gluten sensitivity. It's just not an effective way to communicate. The class you're upset about, as near as I can tell, are *kitten*. A subset of *kitten* believe themselves gluten sensitive. Still yet other subsets are engaged in other assholery.

Also, hi vjohns :blush::

nicely put, i think you're the first person i don't particularly hate i'll keep that in mind, thank you

That explains everything about your participation in this thread. Let the hate go dude. It's only hurting you.

talk about the pot and the kettle lol

to be fair i find it hard to not hate most of you people lol

anyways i'd be interested to see long term health effects of gluten free substitutes especially some of the ingredients used (i.e guar gum, tapioca flower, potato starch etc etc) i doubt i can find anything as these ingredients tend to be in a lot of other things we eat just in different forms and all i'm finding is the side effects of the diet itself and not the specific ingredients, to be fair i doubt i'll find anything as of yet considering how new this trend it
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    A wise man once said, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging and for god's sake don't poop.

i'm in no hole, being in a hole would mean regretting what i believe and how i feel about it, i just regret that the lot of these people hate to see certain things questioned, especially when they are increasingly being proven to be wrong about it

I was referring to your comment about not being the good guy and being off topic. I think where you're digging is in that you have created a class of person which you are very antagonistic toward, but are not specifically engaging individuals. You are describing loathsome behavior and trashing people who display it, but are conflating the behavior with people who believe they have gluten sensitivity. It's just not an effective way to communicate. The class you're upset about, as near as I can tell, are *kitten*. A subset of *kitten* believe themselves gluten sensitive. Still yet other subsets are engaged in other assholery.

nicely put, i think you're the first person i don't particularly hate i'll keep that in mind, thank you

That explains everything about your participation in this thread. Let the hate go dude. It's only hurting you.

anyways i'd be interested to see long term health effects of gluten free substitutes especially some of the ingredients used (i.e guar gum, tapioca flower, potato starch etc etc) i doubt i can find anything as these ingredients tend to be in a lot of other things we eat just in different forms and all i'm finding is the side effects of the diet itself and not the specific ingredients, to be fair i doubt i'll find anything as of yet considering how new this trend it

just break up.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Firstly, I never felt attacked by Quietbloom. She stated her thoughts, asked questions, and moved on.

I cannot imagine that tapioca flour, rice flour, potato starch or guar gum are going to kill me. They are just different flours used to make crackers and bread. Read the label on most loaves of 'whole wheat' bread. Takes you 10 minutes! There is one bread made by Publix that has 5 ingredients. It was yummy, I miss it :love:

I really don't see a need for substitutes. Fruits, veggies and meats are pretty much what I eat. OH wait...........I love corn chips!! :drinker:
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    In for round three and a multitude of astute posts lacking capitalization!

And the posting of scientific articles from huffpo.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    The internet is interminable.
  • santiagojorgem
    Options

Firstly, I never felt attacked by Quietbloom. She stated her thoughts, asked questions, and moved on.

I cannot imagine that tapioca flour, rice flour, potato starch or guar gum are going to kill me. They are just different flours used to make crackers and bread. Read the label on most loaves of 'whole wheat' bread. Takes you 10 minutes! There is one bread made by Publix that has 5 ingredients. It was yummy, I miss it :love:

I really don't see a need for substitutes. Fruits, veggies and meats are pretty much what I eat. OH wait...........I love corn chips!! :drinker:

i rarely buy bread to be honest, i usually bake my own and have a variety of starters that i make and feed as well but corn chips, i never buy those either to be honest ever since i started baking my own bread find i eat less of it and it helps me for my weight loss instead of relying on the convenience of supermarket bread

i just speak for myself (and yeah i make my own corn chips, they are so easy to make)
  • santiagojorgem
    Options

if its so bad then why not just stay out of it, its clear its so painful for you just go away, trust me i won't miss you
  • FunkyTobias
    Options

if its so bad then why not just stay out of it, its clear its so painful for you just go away, trust me i won't miss you

Few people miss those who call them out on their nonsense.
  • santiagojorgem
    Options

i'll admit i'm an *kitten*, but you're right up there with me, the only difference is you probably do it with a smile on your face on some self made pedestal which you think makes you feel better than me, like i said if its so intolerable then just shut it, its clear you hate this thread

now you're just making this personal
  • FunkyTobias
    Options

i'll admit i'm an *kitten*, but you're right up there with me, the only difference is you probably do it with a smile on your face on some self made pedestal which you think makes you feel better than me, like i said if its so intolerable then just shut it, its clear you hate this thread

Difference is my arguments are based on reading the actual full-text of the scientific literature (not the media's interpretation of it), rather than nonsensical arguments based on logical fallacies.

And my keyboard actually has a shift key.
  • FunkyTobias
    Options

Difference is my arguments are based on reading the actual full-text of the scientific literature (not the media's interpretation of it), rather than nonsensical arguments based on logical fallacies.

great to know you use your shift key now why is that relevant? its little pissants like you that feel like you're flexing muscles because you use a shift key? and you don't like what i posted, tough crap, i favored one side of the argument, you being the little pissant you are got butthurt because i disagree with you?

brotha please you are too pathetic

don't like my argument counter it, otherwise shut up and stay out of it, for a bit i was asking a good question about the health effects of gluten free substitutes but you want and try to piss on my wheaties (which you are good at i might add)

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them;
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Make a rational argument and I will be glad to engage it. The existence/nonexistence of gluten sensitivity has nothing to do with whether or not celebrities endorse it, or that gluten-free people make servers sad.
  • FunkyTobias
    Options

great to know you use your shift key now why is that relevant? its little pissants like you that feel like you're flexing muscles because you use a shift key? and you don't like what i posted, tough crap, i favored one side of the argument, you being the little pissant you are got butthurt because i disagree with you?

don't like my argument counter it, otherwise shut up and stay out of it, for a bit i was asking a good question about the health effects of gluten free substitutes but you want and try to piss on my wheaties (which you are good at i might add)

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them;
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Make a rational argument and I will be glad to engage it. The existence/nonexistence of gluten sensitivity has nothing to do with whether or not celebrities endorse it, or that gluten-free people make servers sad.
    and i'll just stop using proper punctuation if its something so important its worth you mentioning because this is a message board, not 1st period english class

Did you ever start?

i made my argument, its not just a matter of gluten not being the culprit (a specific carb is) but also the social effects of it as outlined by michael pollan, your problem is you don't like it and thus feel the need to grab a pedestal when in reality you are becoming the very thing you are opposing, and i'll never use proper punctuation if it chaps your *kitten* that much, take into account the size of the GF market compared to the number of people who actually need a GF diet and the logical conclusion is that its a scam

Did you even read the original article? If so, did you understand it? The size of the gluten-free market has nothing to do with the objective question of whether or not non-celiac gluten sensitivity exists.

As far as your lack of capitalization and proper grammar is concerned, it's a sign of intellectual laziness -- another reason why nobody should take anything you say seriously (not that anyone actually did).
  • santiagojorgem
    Options

~Thomas Jefferson

and i'll just stop using proper punctuation if its something so important its worth you mentioning because this is a message board, not 1st period english class

Did you ever start?

i made my argument, its not just a matter of gluten not being the culprit (a specific carb is) but also the social effects of it as outlined by michael pollan, your problem is you don't like it and thus feel the need to grab a pedestal when in reality you are becoming the very thing you are opposing, and i'll never use proper punctuation if it chaps your *kitten* that much, take into account the size of the GF market compared to the number of people who actually need a GF diet and the logical conclusion is that its a scam

Did you even read the original article? If so, did you understand it? The size of the gluten-free market has nothing to do with the objective question of whether or not non-celiac gluten sensitivity exists.

As far as your lack of capitalization and proper grammar is concerned, it's a sign of intellectual laziness -- another reason why nobody should take anything you say seriously (not that anyone actually did).

the size of the market has everything to do with it, you can't look at the size of the GF market and believe that many people are gluten intolerant or are celiacs, there is a social component to it as well not only argued by me but by others including michael pollan, as far as lack of punctuation thats a bunch of b/s, you just think you are better than everybody else, just because you have dr manhattan on your avatar doesn't make you dr manhattan

and yes i did read the scientific article and the one that was done prior to that as well but i'm also arguing the social component to it as well, the power of suggestion and the lack of understanding people have about gluten in general, not everything fits in a vile in some lab as well, there must also be a social component to it as well and i'm making that argument as well, don't like it tough crap thats on you

(did you notice the lack of punctuation, i know it must chap your *kitten*)
  • FunkyTobias
    Options
    the size of the market has everything to do with it, you can't look at the size of the GF market and believe that many people are gluten intolerant or are celiacs

So your evidence for the size of the gluten intolerant population is "you don't believe it". Got it. Great logic there.
    there is a social component to it as well not only argued by me but by others including michael pollan,

You realize that Pollan is a journalist, not a scientist, right?
    as far as lack of punctuation thats a bunch of b/s, you just think you are better than everybody else, just because you have dr manhattan on your avatar doesn't make you dr manhattan

Scathing criticism right there (if you happen to be 4 years old)
    not everything fits in a vile in some lab as well,

Literacy FTL.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Hmmm. I have not called anyone stupid in this thread. I have not ranted on and on about what jerks people in general are. And I have not said I hated anyone. Pot meet kettle does not apply.

ETA: And I have yet to tell anyone who didn't agree with me to "shut up". So there is that as well.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amywise10
    amywise10 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    All I want to know is what is it about being an affluent white woman that makes you more likely to be gluten sensitive?

ahahahaha! win
  • santiagojorgem
    Options
    the size of the market has everything to do with it, you can't look at the size of the GF market and believe that many people are gluten intolerant or are celiacs

So your evidence for the size of the gluten intolerant population is "you don't believe it". Got it. Great logic there.
    there is a social component to it as well not only argued by me but by others including michael pollan,

You realize that Pollan is a journalist, not a scientist, right?
    as far as lack of punctuation thats a bunch of b/s, you just think you are better than everybody else, just because you have dr manhattan on your avatar doesn't make you dr manhattan

Scathing criticism right there (if you happen to be 4 years old)
    not everything fits in a vile in some lab as well,

Literacy FTL.

how can you possible ignore that, i think you're the only one that ignores that fact yet news articles and columns have been written about this

and what difference does it make if he's a journalist? does that make some newscasts less credible because the journalist reporting on climate change isn't a scientist? or is it less credible for the journalist to report on the world cup because they never played soccer, now you're just fishing you don't like what michael pollan said, you don't agree with the article on the telegraph so you're only solace is to sling mud at anyone that dares agree with any of that or begin to look at those facts as a substantial part of this argument

(i know the lack of punctuation has got to be giving you heartburn..823480u203409834)
  • santiagojorgem
    Options
    and i never did state that the size of the GF market is grounds for question its validity (we now know it doesn't exist) but its something worth looking at, why do you have such a problem with that?