50 pounds by june 1st challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• MakeMeOver
    Options
    Thank you BillyBed for taking the time to do this. Very much appreciated!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thank you BillyBed for taking the time to do this. Very much appreciated!

Agreed, thanks so much!
  • marianpp
    marianpp Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you BillyBed this is going to help me reach my GOAL!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I was over on my calories by 246 yesterday. Oh well! maybe I will confuse my body :laugh: I didn't make it to aqua either. I had a major sinus headache from all the wind the last few days.
  • marianpp
    Options
    I have a question i weight my self every friday.... has anyone else had the problem that some weeks there is no weight loss? even your exersice and food intake is the same or lower the goal amount.

Also for women, does your weight changes with your monthy cycle.

and the last question how accurate is the weight loss forcast under the food diary..... the one that tell you is you keep eatting this you will weigh X amount of LB. by this time.

Thanks
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I have a question i weight my self every friday.... has anyone else had the problem that some weeks there is no weight loss? even your exersice and food intake is the same or lower the goal amount.

and the last question how accurate is the weight loss forcast under the food diary..... the one that tell you is you keep eatting this you will weigh X amount of LB. by this time.

Thanks

I think it's totally normal to have some weeks without a loss, just keep on going.
    As for monthly cycles, I'm pregnant, but I would always retain about 5lbs of water around my period.
    And for me, the food diary prediction hasn't been that accurate, but again, I'm pregnant, so I think that's probably the reason.
    Good luck!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Is anyone having a few planned days off from your healthy eating to account for the holidays?

I've been doing this for just over 30 days now and took 2 days off: Halloween and once this weekend because my dad took me to Olive Garden lol. I was surprised, but I didn't have a hard time getting back on track after those two days. In fact, I think it helped because I'm not feeling deprived by this new way of eating.

I plan to take off Thanksgiving (but avoid dessert completely) and Christmas Day (I really like Christmas candy lol).

I'm going to try to be sensible about it, especially with sweets, but I would like to enjoy my turkey and stuffing and Christmas Day ham dinners lol.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Is anyone having a few planned days off from your healthy eating to account for the holidays?

I've been doing this for just over 30 days now and took 2 days off: Halloween and once this weekend because my dad took me to Olive Garden lol. I was surprised, but I didn't have a hard time getting back on track after those two days. In fact, I think it helped because I'm not feeling deprived by this new way of eating.

I plan to take off Thanksgiving (but avoid dessert completely) and Christmas Day (I really like Christmas candy lol).

I'm going to try to be sensible about it, especially with sweets, but I would like to enjoy my turkey and stuffing and Christmas Day ham dinners lol.
    No, I have a hubby with high cholestrol and high bp, a son who is 380lbs so we will have all the foods prepared as healthy as possible. The guys are simple they don't like cassaroles so cornbread stuffing is as complicated as it gets.
  • marianpp
    Options
    Thank you soooooooo much! and congrats with your baby.... i had our second baby 4 months ago so i am trying to loose this baby weight. Also i am breastfeeding but not as often i used 2 so my Cycle has come back.

Thank you again for your response.
  • abrandhausen
    Options
    I'd like to be in on this too. SW 206 CW 201 Thanks very much.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Thank you soooooooo much! and congrats with your baby.... i had our second baby 4 months ago so i am trying to loose this baby weight. Also i am breastfeeding but not as often i used 2 so my Cycle has come back.

Thank you again for your response.

Aww congrats on your LO as well.
    Baby weight is what I'm losing as well. 24-25lbs so far with this one, and then 22lbs I didn't lose after having my son in November 2009 lol (gained 52lbs that time, so doing much better this time thankfully).
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    well this morning was good, I didn't get up early but I did workout as soon as I got up. The first video I watched was suppose to be for 30 minutes but I stopped after 15 because I just felt like I wasn't really getting a workout in so I stopped it and found another one that was for 18 minutes but it was kickboxing and I was sweating so I am satisfied with it. Maybe later I will do something else. Gotta love Excersice TV on ON Demand. I dont know what I would do without it. I weighed myself this morning but I am not going to claim what I saw. I know the number will go up once I get moving throughout the day. On the 24th I get to order Turbo FIre and am really excited about it. Just a couple more weeks. I think I might bring out the 30 day shred until then, hmmmm we shall see. Keep up the good work people.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Just got back from a great work out, 614 calories!! (50 minutes on treadmill, 25 minutes on elliptical).

Also did my 100 Push Ups Program exhaustion test (60 modified push ups) and working on Week 2 Day 1 of 200 Squats, maxed out at 20.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Well here it is...

We are doing great, and even if this wasn't your week do not give up!!!

losingsheet.jpg
    Are you going from start of this challenge or start from when you joined MFP?My starting weight was 243.Thanks for this it's different seeing a percentage!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Well here it is...

We are doing great, and even if this wasn't your week do not give up!!!

losingsheet.jpg
    Congrats to everyone!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options

Thanks

yes, its common to have a week w no weight loss, especially if you had a big loss the week prior. Or if you were too high on sodium for the days leading up to your weigh-in day. Or too low in water intake. OR you could be TOO LOW w your food intake and your body has switched over to starvation mode where it will hold on to every pound! Sometimes ppl hit a plateau and they need to mix things up a bit to jumpstart the loss again...

Yes, my weight goes up about 3 pounds before my TOM and then rebounds nicely. I like to see that drop haha, makes TOM almost worth it ;) lol

And for the final question about the forecast, it says if EVERY day were EXACTLY like today (food/exercise/water) you would weigh approx. ____ .... I don't know about you, but i dont eat the same thing every day nor do i have the same activity level. But its a rough guage and is fairly accurate on a TYPICAL day from what i hear.

hope that helps answer some of your questions :)
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Under the starting weight I have been putting in people's weights as of Nov 1 (or later if you joined later).
  • marianpp
    Options

Thanks

yes, its common to have a week w no weight loss, especially if you had a big loss the week prior. Or if you were too high on sodium for the days leading up to your weigh-in day. Or too low in water intake. OR you could be TOO LOW w your food intake and your body has switched over to starvation mode where it will hold on to every pound! Sometimes ppl hit a plateau and they need to mix things up a bit to jumpstart the loss again...

Yes, my weight goes up about 3 pounds before my TOM and then rebounds nicely. I like to see that drop haha, makes TOM almost worth it ;) lol

And for the final question about the forecast, it says if EVERY day were EXACTLY like today (food/exercise/water) you would weigh approx. ____ .... I don't know about you, but i dont eat the same thing every day nor do i have the same activity level. But its a rough guage and is fairly accurate on a TYPICAL day from what i hear.

hope that helps answer some of your questions :)
  • marianpp
    Options
    thank you
  • raindancer
    Options
    How do you plan to reward yourself on June 1 when we reach out 50lb goal?
    I thought about a ring, so it could be something I see daily to remind me of my accomplishment. Maybe a spinner ring so when I'm tempted to eat something I really don't need. I can just spin and spin:laugh:
    I would love to hear some fresh ideas.