50 pounds by june 1st challenge!!!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• SpiritCymbal
    Options
    I have a question i weight my self every friday.... has anyone else had the problem that some weeks there is no weight loss? even your exersice and food intake is the same or lower the goal amount.

Also for women, does your weight changes with your monthy cycle.

and the last question how accurate is the weight loss forcast under the food diary..... the one that tell you is you keep eatting this you will weigh X amount of LB. by this time.

Thanks

This isn't just for you...but sometimes after you've been dieting and exercising in a routine for a while, your body learns to adjust and prepare itself for it and will store energy (fat) in preparation for the routine that it knows is coming. Always keep in mind that the evolution of the human body is to learn how to store fat for when extra energy is needed. You need to keep throwing it curveballs every once in a while. One way to do this is to build in a "cheat day" every once in a while. That keeps the body "confused" and will keep your metabolism up as well.

Now this doesn't mean go on a binge and eat and drink everything in sight. Still be diciplined about it but make sure to give your body a "day of rest" from diet and exercise. This not only helps your body keep fighting the good fight, it does wonders for you mentally and emotionally (keeps you motivated on the other days).

For me, my "cheat day" is Saturdays. Especially during football season! I don't go to the gym and I don't keep track of what I eat with MFP. I don't go crazy or anything...but I have a couple of beers or vodka/soda's if I want to and eat sensibly. I find that I'm much more eager to hit the gym on Sunday and Monday's and I stick to a better diet during the rest of the week.

Good luck.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    How do you plan to reward yourself on June 1 when we reach out 50lb goal?
    I thought about a ring, so it could be something I see daily to remind me of my accomplishment. Maybe a spinner ring so when I'm tempted to eat something I really don't need. I can just spin and spin:laugh:
    I would love to hear some fresh ideas.

I think I will need some new clothes!
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am def. in on this! It would work out perfect too. My brother and soon to be sister's (XD, so excited) wedding is June 4th, and I'm in the wedding and would love to be comfortable standing up in front of everyone.
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just found MFP on Wednesday, Nov. 17th and joined! This is my first day! Is it too late to be part of the June 1st 50 pounds gone challenge?? I was on WW for the last several months and lost 10 pounds very sloooooooooooooooowly. I'm not sure I'll be able to hit 50 by June 1st, but I'd sure like to give it a shot!! Any pounds GONE is better then ON!!

If I'm still able to join in...my starting weight is 244 (as of Wednesday 11/17).

If it's too late to be part of the challenge, I sure understand! But...I'll be cheering for ya!!!
  • dnb3333
    dnb3333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!! :smile:
  • marianpp
    marianpp Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I thought about a ring, so it could be something I see daily to remind me of my accomplishment. Maybe a spinner ring so when I'm tempted to eat something I really don't need. I can just spin and spin:laugh:

I think I will need some new clothes!

*********i am going to buy sooooooooooo much clothes yeahhhhhh! ***********
  • marianpp
    Options
    yes, its common to have a week w no weight loss, especially if you had a big loss the week prior. Or if you were too high on sodium for the days leading up to your weigh-in day. Or too low in water intake. OR you could be TOO LOW w your food intake and your body has switched over to starvation mode where it will hold on to every pound! Sometimes ppl hit a plateau and they need to mix things up a bit to jumpstart the loss again...

Yes, my weight goes up about 3 pounds before my TOM and then rebounds nicely. I like to see that drop haha, makes TOM almost worth it ;) lol

And for the final question about the forecast, it says if EVERY day were EXACTLY like today (food/exercise/water) you would weigh approx. ____ .... I don't know about you, but i dont eat the same thing every day nor do i have the same activity level. But its a rough guage and is fairly accurate on a TYPICAL day from what i hear.

hope that helps answer some of your questions :)
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

****thank you that helps alot. *******
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Weight is going very slowly downward again after stabilizing for a week or so.

Only 26 days until delivery and REAL weight loss.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    There's been a new thread started by bainos (thanks bainos) since this thread will soon lock up ... you can find it at ...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/135622-50-pounds-by-june-1st-challenge-part-2

See you there :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This isn't going to be easy as old knees and hips limit how much I can exercise. WHEN I loose the 50 pounds I will be the weight I was 39 years ago! Whew! :smile:

My starting weight is 185.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I never really thought of a "reward"...for me the fact that the weight will be gone is reward enough for me!
    But if I feel like I need a reward, I like your idea of jewelry...LOL
  • justinswife
    justinswife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok so there is a tiny glitch in my plan to lose 50 pounds by June 1. I found out on Monday that I am pregnant and due in July. So I don't see myself having the ability to lose that much! But I still want to remain on this thread! I plan on still losing some in the beginning and remain on my "diet" and exercising. Just wanted to get that out there since I probably won't have that many great weight loses!
  • marianpp
    Options
    Ok so there is a tiny glitch in my plan to lose 50 pounds by June 1. I found out on Monday that I am pregnant and due in July. So I don't see myself having the ability to lose that much! But I still want to remain on this thread! I plan on still losing some in the beginning and remain on my "diet" and exercising. Just wanted to get that out there since I probably won't have that many great weight loses!

******Congrats as long as you do a healthy diet and only gaing the correct amount of weight you should be ok,,,,, we will see you soon for the 50 challange.... babies are a blessing .... i just had my second 4 months ago and i will tell you once you have
    worked out your body comes back faster to normal....***
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    NEW THREAD ADDED

50 LBS BY JUNE 1ST CHALLENGE PART 2

THANK YOU TO BILLY FOR KEEPING SUCH A GREAT RECORD OF ALL OUR PROGRESS!!

THANK YOU
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    NEW THREAD ADDED

50LBS BY JUNE 1ST CHALLENGE PART 2