Does the time you eat affect weightloss?

Options

Replies

• greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    People will say no, but I did an experiment because I eat the same exact thing every day and I tried eating it all before bed and I kept gaining vs spacing it out and eating mostly in the morning. Yes everything was measured and weighed, the same workouts, everything (this isn't my first rodeo, I've lost 100 pounds 4 times, I know what works and what doesn't for me).
    So take everyone's answers with a grain of salt.
  • Transformer711
    Options
    The 'eating late at night causes weight gain' is a massive myth.

The only ounce of truth to it is that eating later at night means you're more likely to make unhealthy choices. It does not matter when you consume your calories. If you eat at 2am and go to bed straight after, the body won't automatically store the food as some people claim.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    in drama thread
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Im sure there are some boxers up there. There is a difference between doing 100 revolution in 30 sec and doing 200 in sec. The 200 in 60 sec takes a combo on strength and endurance. I did not jump rope for endurance I do Tabata HIIT 20 sec hard 10 sec complete stop. I stop when I cannot stay with a certain number on the first set.

It's like...I can't even...wut?

05d1e98dc9bdf194ff34049bf6ae4e5b.jpg
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    In for epic derpitude
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I follow this girl on Instagram. @stephie_squats

She doesn't eat "clean" and she put a Pic of this bedtime snack (like she does often) of cheesey bread.

I think she's doing something right.

16bdd3q.jpg
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends swear by skipping dinner makes them lose weight. My observation is that they weigh themselves every morning, so going to bed with empty stomach somehow encourages a good reading on the scale next morning...

Skipping dinner is a type of IF so all in all, since they cut down the total calories they end up losing weight eventually...So I guess that's part of the reason why so many believe in dinner myth? I am not sure.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

She doesn't eat "clean" and she put a Pic of this bedtime snack (like she does often) of cheesey bread.

16bdd3q.jpg

I actually know stephie in real life and can confirm that her way of thinking is real and applied just as she preaches. We train at the same gym and have spent some time discussing nutrition. Very smart individual and incredibly strong.

That's awesome! I love following her on insta!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options

16bdd3q.jpg

I actually know stephie in real life and can confirm that her way of thinking is real and applied just as she preaches. We train at the same gym and have spent some time discussing nutrition. Very smart individual and incredibly strong.

That's awesome! I have something of the same philosophy, as can be seen by the frequency of KFC Double Down and Taco Bell in my diary. Food is made to be enjoyed. Thoroughly.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Im sure there are some boxers up there. There is a difference between doing 100 revolution in 30 sec and doing 200 in sec. The 200 in 60 sec takes a combo on strength and endurance. I did not jump rope for endurance I do Tabata HIIT 20 sec hard 10 sec complete stop. I stop when I cannot stay with a certain number on the first set.

It's like...I can't even...wut?

05d1e98dc9bdf194ff34049bf6ae4e5b.jpg

You can't believe someone working out for 8 years can actually do something in the fitness department.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    54e43c381f2339dc580bb27d3670cfbe.jpg
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Its true. It doesnt matter a jot WHEN you eat your calories. Just how much. I chose to skip breakfast and lunch, have a huge dinner, and a 400 cal bedtime snack.

Worked for me :)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    "This content is currently unavailable."
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    i just went to the page and it works.