WHAT!!! NO.... Please help me fix this.

Options
MY STREAK IS RUINED. I went on vacation to vegas for 4 days and decided not to log for the 4 days. I still made relatively healthy choices, but I needed a break from calorie counting. I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days, but now my days logged streak is ruined! is there anyway to fix this. I was up to like 130 which I was very proud of! Seeing that number grow was motivation for me. Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ah you didn't log on for 4 days... and your logging was total guesstimates...and probably way off...

Not totally sure why those steaks are so important esp when they aren't true...or if you have logged in (and that's what it is just logging in) but you aren't logging your food ...eh..

My current streak is 87 days...because I went on vacation for 12...before that it was over 100...went on vacation...my one year anniversary is June 17th...that's all I care about.

Yes there is a way to fix it tho from what I hear...

Somewhere down in technical help about emailing a mod or something...
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You actively decided not to log while you were on vacay, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. And kudos to you for making good choices while on vacay, I bet that was tough.

What I am confused about is the fact that you want the number streak "fixed". Why? Is it an emotional attachment to that number? Would it even mean anythig to you if it were to say "200 days in a row" yet you know you had tech support fix it and it's not really true?
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    MFPers in Vegas could've helped!!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Just send a PM to Rachel or Olivia and ask them to fix it for you. They will.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have a reminder set on my phone - it says 'You have yet to log your morning snack" - which means I didn't log my coffee. I make sure I always log my coffee every day - then it keeps the streak going. Usually I log the whole day - but once in a while (daughters graduation weekend) I didn't log well - that is OK - I still tried to eat ok -but know I drank too much in celebration and that things weren't entirely accurate. Just because I didn't log well doesn't mean that I don't care, or wasn't aware........I too have something for that "streak" # - it does keep me motivated.

I don't think you can go back and act like you didn't break it - but maybe set up a reminder so that you log something in by the day's end to keep the streak alive.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to fix. If you logged in and it didn't register, then there is something to fix. You chose not to log in. Streak over, start a new one.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I was camping on the weekend and thanks to shoddy wifi and bad service for data, I lost my 630+ days of logging. It sucks but it doesn't mean that I am back to square one.

You chose not to log, it wasn't a glitch or mistake. Work on building the streak back up!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why do people get attached to their logging streaks? I don't get it!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Just so I'm clear...you decided not to log in, but you still want credit for logging in?

I didn't lose any weight last week. I don't like that. I would like MFP to change it so I lost weight.

attachment.php?attachmentid=53961&d=1368940692
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to fix. If you logged in and it didn't register, then there is something to fix. You chose not to log in. Streak over, start a new one.

This.

FYI: You don't have to actually log food for it to count as a streak. Just log in.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i wanna know what "relatively healthy choices" are in vegas.

splitting 10s?

double-bagging it for the slores?
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just so I'm clear...you decided not to log in, but you still want credit for logging in?

I didn't lose any weight last week. I don't like that. I would like MFP to change it so I lost weight.

MFP needs to get on fixing this! I haven't lost significant weight in weeks!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

This.

FYI: You don't have to actually log food for it to count as a streak. Just log in.

exactly you just have to go to your home page...end of story hence why streaks when I see them mean nothing...you look at the ticker...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

This.

exactly you just have to go to your home page...end of story hence why streaks when I see them mean nothing...you look at the ticker...

Agreed.

Just use this as new motivation to get back up to where you were.
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Lol, I understand your frustration to a degree. Over Thanksgiving I was spotty with logging and there was one day where I thought I had logged in with the app but it hadn't properly synced, so I lost my 250+ day streak and was a little bummed.

But, I'm now on day 176, starting a new streak. :)
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    MFPers in Vegas could've helped!!
    Really? The only help people wanted to give me in Vegas was called investigative probing. Next time I'm going to look for the helpful MFPers to help me decide what to put in my mouth while I'm there! YAH!!!!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My two year anniversary is Saturday. My count is at 128 because of vacation. Sure you can get it set back, but since you didn't ACTUALLY log in, it's kind of a lie, right? But whatever.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I thought you said you ruined your STEAK. I was all set up to give grilling advice (hotter grill, less time....) Hey, girl, don't you know???? WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS! Where you been?

You're home now with a few extra souvenirs you didn't plan on. Praise God it wasn't an Ace of spades tattooed to your butt.
    Get back on track and move forward!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    There have been a couple of days where I forgot to log my food. I just went back a day and logged it!
    Streak still on.