WHAT!!! NO.... Please help me fix this.

Options

Replies

• maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Why do people get attached to their logging streaks? I don't get it!

+1
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Why do people get attached to their logging streaks? I don't get it!

For me it's a management tool. I have been known not to follow through with plans I made or disciplines I wanted to embark on throughout my life and for me my 409 day " streak " is important, because it proves to me that this time I am committed and I am doing better. I do however log each day in detail.....I even did recently on a 23 day vacation.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    I just let an 852 day streak go because I needed the reset. I wouldn't worry about. You'll be back up soon. The app does have issues at times though. You can log in but if it doesn't sync with the servers it won't increment the count.
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Meh could have been worse...

zOv1TdO.png
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Wow! I dont even know how to respond. I hope you all feel much better about yourselves. Not that I even need to explain myself, but for me that number represents the number of days since I decided to make healthier choices. I have logged diligently everyday with the exception of the 4 days I was in Vegas. Even then, I brought protein bars instead of eating unhealthy breakfasts out. I didn't order even 1 drink. I splint meals with my hubby. I STILL made healthier decisions. For me, looking at that number makes me feel like "wow, if I can do this for 130 days... then I can do this forever." Its not that I couldn't possibly go on if that number wasn't fixed, but for me PERSONALLY I wanted it fixed. And I did log in something along the lines of (vegas buffet food 2500 calories) everyday except I didn't put that in for tueday, until wednesday due to traveling. I didn't realise that I was going to offend so many people by asking how to reset the count!

But MFP isn't counting the days you have made good choices or made some decision to change your life, it's counting the days you have logged into this site. You chose not to log in for 4 days, that is totally fine and doesn't mean you made poor choices. Just like a long streak doesn't mean somebody had made the best decision.

You might as well take this opportunity to deal with challenges and set backs.

MFP is a tool for me to use however I can to best motivate me to lose weight and be heallthy. Like I said to a PP, if you didn't want to help me why even post. I wasn't looking for advice on resetting or not. I just wanted to know how to do it.

If lying t o yourself is the best way you can thing of to motivate yourself to lose weight be be healthy...

See, you posted this in a public forum. You don't control the responses.

If somebody send you a way to magically "fix" your "streak" wonderful. If you don't feel like its a total cop out to not log in, but have your counter to reset as if Vegas never happened, that's totally your business. We're all just remarking on how sad it is that you want credit for something you did not do, so you continue to do what you actually have been doing.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    This thread needs Richard:

richard5.gif
  • aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow! I dont even know how to respond. I hope you all feel much better about yourselves. Not that I even need to explain myself, but for me that number represents the number of days since I decided to make healthier choices. I have logged diligently everyday with the exception of the 4 days I was in Vegas. Even then, I brought protein bars instead of eating unhealthy breakfasts out. I didn't order even 1 drink. I splint meals with my hubby. I STILL made healthier decisions. For me, looking at that number makes me feel like "wow, if I can do this for 130 days... then I can do this forever." Its not that I couldn't possibly go on if that number wasn't fixed, but for me PERSONALLY I wanted it fixed. And I did log in something along the lines of (vegas buffet food 2500 calories) everyday except I didn't put that in for tueday, until wednesday due to traveling. I didn't realise that I was going to offend so many people by asking how to reset the count!

But MFP isn't counting the days you have made good choices or made some decision to change your life, it's counting the days you have logged into this site. You chose not to log in for 4 days, that is totally fine and doesn't mean you made poor choices. Just like a long streak doesn't mean somebody had made the best decision.

MFP is a tool for me to use however I can to best motivate me to lose weight and be heallthy. Like I said to a PP, if you didn't want to help me why even post. I wasn't looking for advice on resetting or not. I just wanted to know how to do it.

If lying t o yourself is the best way you can thing of to motivate yourself to lose weight be be healthy...

If somebody send you a way to magically "fix" your "streak" wonderful. If you don't feel like its a total cop out to not log in, but have your counter to reset as if Vegas never happened, that's totally your business. We're all just remarking on how sad it is that you want credit for something you did not do, so you continue to do what you actually have been doing.

Its not lying to myself because as I have stated several times on this thread, I use that counter as a way of keeping track of of the days since I started making healthier choices. I am not looking for any "credit". Am I unaware of something that everyone else knows? Can you like cash in or something? If it matters to me, I am not sure why anyone else cares. Maybe having the streak back to 1 is what would work for someone else, but for ME, I wanted to keep track of the days since I started and that was a great easy way! I didn't in my wildest dreams think so many ppl would care about what I chose to with MYfitnesspal. Emphisis on MY.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Its not lying to myself because as I have stated several times on this thread, I use that counter as a way of keeping track of of the days since I started making healthier choices. I am not looking for any "credit". Am I unaware of something that everyone else knows? Can you like cash in or something? If it matters to me, I am not sure why anyone else cares. Maybe having the streak back to 1 is what would work for someone else, but for ME, I wanted to keep track of the days since I started and that was a great easy way! I didn't in my wildest dreams think so many ppl would care about what I chose to with MYfitnesspal. Emphisis on MY.

Why don't you just use a calendar?
  • aimladuke
    Options

Why should I have to? Why do you care?
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options

I was just giving you a suggestion. You were the one who came to this forum with your first-world problem for thousands of people to see. Do you realize that there are many of us out here with BIGGER problems than you? Diabetes, PCOS, eating disorders, post-surgical problems, depression, mental disorders....all trying our best to lose weight, be fit, and live a better life, and here you come complaining about your logging streak. Boo freaking hoo.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Ah yes the important things. You didn't log in but somehow need the validation? I wish people would stop liking my streak every time it says 5 days, because I missed a day because of vacation or something.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP last April, so my streak is over 400 days. I've logged while on vacation, while being sick, while being out of town, etc. That's my choice & it's important to me to keep it going in order to reflect my commitment. I plan to keep at it every day until April 2015 when my husband & I are going to Italy (just planned our 30th anniversary trip - not my motivation for losing weight). I hope by then to be very close to my goal weight. I don't plan to log while in Italy, and when I get back I'm going to reassess and reset my ticker to be whatever I deem my goal to be at that time.

You admit it was your choice not to log while in Vegas - I don't see why you'd want to reset your logging streak, as it would reflect false information...
  • aimladuke
    Options

I was just giving you a suggestion. You were the one who came to this forum with your first-world problem for thousands of people to see. Do you realize that there are many of us out here with BIGGER problems than you? Diabetes, PCOS, eating disorders, post-surgical problems, depression, mental disorders....all trying our best to lose weight, be fit, and live a better life, and here you come complaining about your logging streak. Boo freaking hoo.

And those people with bigger problems could choose not to help me. I was asking a simple question. I had no idea it would get this blown out of proportion!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Poor OP didn't want to log on her vacation, lost her streak and now wants it back, even if it's lying.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

I recently lost my six hundred something day streak in Italy. Zero regrets. :heart:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    MY STREAK IS RUINED. I went on vacation to vegas for 4 days and decided not to log for the 4 days. I still made relatively healthy choices, but I needed a break from calorie counting. I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days, but now my days logged streak is ruined! is there anyway to fix this. I was up to like 130 which I was very proud of! Seeing that number grow was motivation for me. Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this!

You can tell which of you skim and which actually read the post. OP Didn't LOG (food or exercise) for the 4 days, "I did log in...for the 4 days"

This has happened to me too. I log in from my phone, but I don't log anything, streak ruined.

So what's the point of just logging in if you aren't logging food?
  • aimladuke
    Options
    Poor OP didn't want to log on her vacation, lost her streak and now wants it back, even if it's lying.

Why the heck do you care!!!!! I seriously cant comprehend why so many people feel the need to be so rude. We are all here for the same reason and wether you agree with my choices or not its working for me. I have explained several times throughout the thread why I wanted it reset, but I shouldn't even have to do that. Its a personal choice. If I had posted something telling everyone to reset their counters then Yes I could understand this madness, but its my weightloss, my plan, MYfitnesspal.
  • aimladuke
    Options
    MY STREAK IS RUINED. I went on vacation to vegas for 4 days and decided not to log for the 4 days. I still made relatively healthy choices, but I needed a break from calorie counting. I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days, but now my days logged streak is ruined! is there anyway to fix this. I was up to like 130 which I was very proud of! Seeing that number grow was motivation for me. Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this!

You can tell which of you skim and which actually read the post. OP Didn't LOG (food or exercise) for the 4 days, "I did log in...for the 4 days"

This has happened to me too. I log in from my phone, but I don't log anything, streak ruined.

So I could remember I was in vegas for the the 4 days. If I gained weight or what not looking back I could remember why. Also, i thought it would prevent the whole counter issue period. I just missed one day due to crazy airplanes.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

To log exercise.

To participate in the forums.

To follow friends.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options

Why the heck do you care!!!!! I seriously cant comprehend why so many people feel the need to be so rude. We are all here for the same reason and wether you agree with my choices or not its working for me. I have explained several times throughout the thread why I wanted it reset, but I shouldn't even have to do that. Its a personal choice. If I had posted something telling everyone to reset their counters then Yes I could understand this madness, but its my weightloss, my plan, MYfitnesspal.
    You couldn't be more wrong.