Replies

• aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    MY STREAK IS RUINED. I went on vacation to vegas for 4 days and decided not to log for the 4 days. I still made relatively healthy choices, but I needed a break from calorie counting. I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days, but now my days logged streak is ruined! is there anyway to fix this. I was up to like 130 which I was very proud of! Seeing that number grow was motivation for me. Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this!

You can tell which of you skim and which actually read the post. OP Didn't LOG (food or exercise) for the 4 days, "I did log in...for the 4 days"

This has happened to me too. I log in from my phone, but I don't log anything, streak ruined.
  • aimladuke
    Options
    Wow! I dont even know how to respond. I hope you all feel much better about yourselves. Not that I even need to explain myself, but for me that number represents the number of days since I decided to make healthier choices. I have logged diligently everyday with the exception of the 4 days I was in Vegas. Even then, I brought protein bars instead of eating unhealthy breakfasts out. I didn't order even 1 drink. I splint meals with my hubby. I STILL made healthier decisions. For me, looking at that number makes me feel like "wow, if I can do this for 130 days... then I can do this forever." Its not that I couldn't possibly go on if that number wasn't fixed, but for me PERSONALLY I wanted it fixed. And I did log in something along the lines of (vegas buffet food 2500 calories) everyday except I didn't put that in for tueday, until wednesday due to traveling. I didn't realise that I was going to offend so many people by asking how to reset the count!

So, you didn't log, but you want the streak to continue as if you did log? TOTAL BS. No. I hope they don't give it to you. you sound like a spoiled brat.

The streak does nothing for anyone but me! Like I said before I use that number not as a logging streak but as a way to count the days since I started making healthier choices. I don't see why you felt the need to even comment on my thread if you didn't want to help me. I wasn't asking if I should reset it or not, I was asking for help on how to do it.
  • aimladuke
    Options
    I'm motivated by my logging streak too. But you chose not to log, therefore your streak was broken. It would be highly unfair if you got it fixed. I broke my streak when I went out of the country last summer. I could have had MFP fix it because I had no access to wifi. But I didn't because I wouldn't have logged anyway (that's what vacations are for). Just start from day one again and build it up.

Unfair to who? Is there a prize for the most days logged? We all use this tool differently. As others have said, the days logged is pretty pointless unless you make it something for yourself. I had over two years logged straight, I didn't log in my diary every day, heck, probably not even half. I still got credit for logging in everyday for 2 years. Is that "fair" to those who logged their food everyday for two years?
    The OP stated " Not that I even need to explain myself, but for me that number represents the number of days since I decided to make healthier choices." If that's how they want to count it, let them. It doesn't hurt anyone else that the OP didn't "technically" log in for 4 days.

Thank you!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MY STREAK IS RUINED. I went on vacation to vegas for 4 days and decided not to log for the 4 days. I still made relatively healthy choices, but I needed a break from calorie counting. I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days, but now my days logged streak is ruined! is there anyway to fix this. I was up to like 130 which I was very proud of! Seeing that number grow was motivation for me. Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this!

You can tell which of you skim and which actually read the post. OP Didn't LOG (food or exercise) for the 4 days, "I did log in...for the 4 days"

This has happened to me too. I log in from my phone, but I don't log anything, streak ruined.

yah you skimmed...
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Wow! I dont even know how to respond. I hope you all feel much better about yourselves. Not that I even need to explain myself, but for me that number represents the number of days since I decided to make healthier choices. I have logged diligently everyday with the exception of the 4 days I was in Vegas. Even then, I brought protein bars instead of eating unhealthy breakfasts out. I didn't order even 1 drink. I splint meals with my hubby. I STILL made healthier decisions. For me, looking at that number makes me feel like "wow, if I can do this for 130 days... then I can do this forever." Its not that I couldn't possibly go on if that number wasn't fixed, but for me PERSONALLY I wanted it fixed. And I did log in something along the lines of (vegas buffet food 2500 calories) everyday except I didn't put that in for tueday, until wednesday due to traveling. I didn't realise that I was going to offend so many people by asking how to reset the count!

So, you didn't log, but you want the streak to continue as if you did log? TOTAL BS. No. I hope they don't give it to you. you sound like a spoiled brat.

The streak does nothing for anyone but me! Like I said before I use that number not as a logging streak but as a way to count the days since I strated making healthier choinces. I don't see why you felt the need to even comment on my thread if you didn't want to help me. I wasn't asking if I should reset it or not, I was asking for help on how to do it.

mods or staff can do it...

I personally don't care if you get it reset...means nothing to me at all...just doesn't make sense your reasoning behind it..but doesn't have to make sense to me.

It's like I said you see 1k day steaks but nothing in the diary...okay...ticker stills says 50lbs to lose....streaks are personally and if you require it to keep you motivated go for it.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

No. It doesn't work that way. If you visit the site or app and are logged in, it's another day for that streak, even if you don't log foods. Trust me, I've had days where I didn't log food but still logged in, and my streak wasn't broken.
  • toiletski
    Options

No. It doesn't work that way. If you visit the site or app and are logged in, it's another day for that streak, even if you don't log foods. Trust me, I've had days where I didn't log food but still logged in, and my streak wasn't broken.

I'm sure it's a glitch in the app.
  • toiletski
    Options

yah you skimmed...

decided not to log for the 4 days.
    I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days,

ETA: I dont think the OP is asking to continue a streak they didnt have. What I am understanding is that they didnt log everything the entire time but they did log in. then after the day was done they logged 2500 calories generic? I could be understanding it wrong but that's what I'm getting from it.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

you may have to sync a couple times for it to show....I've had that happen where I prelog but it doesn't show on my phone app so I have to resync even tho it just sync'd when I opened the app.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options

No, that's why on your homepage it says "So and so has LOGGED IN for 30 days in a row!"
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Was your phone connected to the internet?

You can still log food in the app when not online and it updates the next time you connect. So you can open the app, not be connected to the internet, therefore technially logging in but the site doesn't recognize it. Your streak will be lost.
    But if you open the app while connected to the internet, you are considered logged in whether you log food or not. I have months of not logging food and the streak continued with it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

But MFP isn't counting the days you have made good choices or made some decision to change your life, it's counting the days you have logged into this site. You chose not to log in for 4 days, that is totally fine and doesn't mean you made poor choices. Just like a long streak doesn't mean somebody had made the best decision.

You might as well take this opportunity to deal with challenges and set backs.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

yah you skimmed...

try again.

decided not to log for the 4 days.
    I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days,

But it doesn't matter "after the fact". You have 24 hours to log in. If you miss that window, you're done. Zero. Zilch. Go back to start.
  • aimladuke
    Options

But MFP isn't counting the days you have made good choices or made some decision to change your life, it's counting the days you have logged into this site. You chose not to log in for 4 days, that is totally fine and doesn't mean you made poor choices. Just like a long streak doesn't mean somebody had made the best decision.

MFP is a tool for me to use however I can to best motivate me to lose weight and be heallthy. Like I said to a PP, if you didn't want to help me why even post. I wasn't looking for advice on resetting or not. I just wanted to know how to do it.
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Craziness! Poor OP is what I say ...
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options

MFP is a tool for me to use however I can to best motivate me to lose weight and be heallthy. Like I said to a PP, if you didn't want to help me why even post. I wasn't looking for advice on resetting or not. I just wanted to know how to do it.

You can't. Is that the answer you were seeking?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You can though. If you PM the mods they will send you the link to a self reporting tool to reset your days. The tool even asks you to estimate the number of days your streak should be. I am doubtful they even check to make sure you are BSing. That's part of why the whole days logged streak is pointless, unless it means something to you, whatever you decide that might be.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options

You can though. If you PM the mods they will send you the link to a self reporting tool to reset your days. The tool even asks you to estimate the number of days your streak should be. I am doubtful they even check to make sure you are BSing. That's part of why the whole days logged streak is pointless, unless it means something to you, whatever you decide that might be.

Wow. That shouldn't be an option, but yeah, the streak thing is now deemed pointless in my books as well.
  • aimladuke
    Options

Wrong! I can! Someone was kind enough to private message me instructions. She didn't want to get **** on here for actually being helpful!