WHAT!!! NO.... Please help me fix this.

Options

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sucks. I went skiing in a dead zone, couldn't log in as much as I wanted to. Lost my 100+ day streak. Oh well...move on.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wow! I dont even know how to respond. I hope you all feel much better about yourselves. Not that I even need to explain myself, but for me that number represents the number of days since I decided to make healthier choices. I have logged diligently everyday with the exception of the 4 days I was in Vegas. Even then, I brought protein bars instead of eating unhealthy breakfasts out. I didn't order even 1 drink. I splint meals with my hubby. I STILL made healthier decisions. For me, looking at that number makes me feel like "wow, if I can do this for 130 days... then I can do this forever." Its not that I couldn't possibly go on if that number wasn't fixed, but for me PERSONALLY I wanted it fixed. And I did log in something along the lines of (vegas buffet food 2500 calories) everyday except I didn't put that in for tueday, until wednesday due to traveling. I didn't realise that I was going to offend so many people by asking how to reset the count!

I hear you!
    This past Sat, I was in such a hurry to get my #'s in b4 midnight because I'd had company over.
    I thought Id clicked the button to show for my calorie intake for the day & apparently in my hurry, I hadn't.
    I didn't catch it till yesterday when my #'s seemed off so going backwards in my daily entries is how I found it.
    I couldn't believe all that because I forgot to click enter :frown:
    Like you, now my days logged in has started over
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Ah yes the important things. You didn't log in but somehow need the validation? I wish people would stop liking my streak every time it says 5 days, because I missed a day because of vacation or something.
    you know you can turn off that notification so it won't announce it to your friend's list?

and, holy **** ****, why the hell are so many people getting their panties in such a twist over this? LOL all of you are pretty pathetic.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Poor OP didn't want to log on her vacation, lost her streak and now wants it back, even if it's lying.

Why the heck do you care!!!!! I seriously cant comprehend why so many people feel the need to be so rude. We are all here for the same reason and wether you agree with my choices or not its working for me. I have explained several times throughout the thread why I wanted it reset, but I shouldn't even have to do that. Its a personal choice. If I had posted something telling everyone to reset their counters then Yes I could understand this madness, but its my weightloss, my plan, MYfitnesspal.

Just have them reset it to 600 days for you

I wonder why I'm reading this if it's "MY" fitness pal. You could have written a private message to yourself but chose to post on a public forum and are now hollering about responses :sad: :yawn: yeah we're the rude ones
  • aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A personal message to myself? What to ask myself how to do something I don't know how to do? I just can't see myself responding with anything overly helpful....
  • aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Poor OP didn't want to log on her vacation, lost her streak and now wants it back, even if it's lying.

Why the heck do you care!!!!! I seriously cant comprehend why so many people feel the need to be so rude. We are all here for the same reason and wether you agree with my choices or not its working for me. I have explained several times throughout the thread why I wanted it reset, but I shouldn't even have to do that. Its a personal choice. If I had posted something telling everyone to reset their counters then Yes I could understand this madness, but its my weightloss, my plan, MYfitnesspal.

I wonder why I'm reading this if it's "MY" fitness pal. You could have written a private message to yourself but chose to post on a public forum and are now hollering about responses :sad: :yawn: yeah we're the rude ones

Why would I have them set it to 600 when I have really been working on bettering myself for 130?
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    MY STREAK IS RUINED. I went on vacation to vegas for 4 days and decided not to log for the 4 days. I still made relatively healthy choices, but I needed a break from calorie counting. I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days, but now my days logged streak is ruined! is there anyway to fix this. I was up to like 130 which I was very proud of! Seeing that number grow was motivation for me. Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this!

You can tell which of you skim and which actually read the post. OP Didn't LOG (food or exercise) for the 4 days, "I did log in...for the 4 days"

This has happened to me too. I log in from my phone, but I don't log anything, streak ruined.

So what's the point of just logging in if you aren't logging food?

So I could remember I was in vegas for the the 4 days. If I gained weight or what not looking back I could remember why. Also, i thought it would prevent the whole counter issue period. I just missed one day due to crazy airplanes.

Doesn't really make sense, you only guestimated the calories, and no macros so that wouldn't help at all, but really it is whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    MY STREAK IS RUINED. I went on vacation to vegas for 4 days and decided not to log for the 4 days. I still made relatively healthy choices, but I needed a break from calorie counting. I did log in after the fact something generic ( vegas 2500 calories) for the 4 days, but now my days logged streak is ruined! is there anyway to fix this. I was up to like 130 which I was very proud of! Seeing that number grow was motivation for me. Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this!

You can tell which of you skim and which actually read the post. OP Didn't LOG (food or exercise) for the 4 days, "I did log in...for the 4 days"

This has happened to me too. I log in from my phone, but I don't log anything, streak ruined.

To log exercise.

To participate in the forums.

To follow friends.

Right right definitely need to keep track of how many days you in a row you posted in a forum, or talked to your friends. For exercise, if you aren't logging food no point in logging the exercise either, I guess unless you are using it as a note book, but there are much better apps for that like gym rat.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

To log exercise.

To participate in the forums.

To follow friends.

Right right definitely need to keep track of how many days you in a row you posted in a forum, or talked to your friends. For exercise, if you aren't logging food no point in logging the exercise either, I guess unless you are using it as a note book, but there are much better apps for that like gym rat.

You asked why log in if you aren't tracking food. I answered why. It had nothing to do with the streak. Some people log their food everyday, some people don't for a number of reasons.

I kept my streak for over two years by logging in for the above reasons, sometimes logging food, sometimes not - which goes back my point of it doesn't mean much unless it means something to you. I couldn't care less of someone wants to count the number of days in a row they clicked on the homepage, how long it's been since they decided to make a change or how many days they actually logged food.

Regarding exercise logging being pointless, some people like feedback on their workouts, that is one aspect of logging it on here. You may not find a point in logging exercise if not logging food but others may.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Love this!
    I thought you said you ruined your STEAK. I was all set up to give grilling advice (hotter grill, less time....) Hey, girl, don't you know???? WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS! Where you been?

You're home now with a few extra souvenirs you didn't plan on. Praise God it wasn't an Ace of spades tattooed to your butt.
    Get back on track and move forward!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Why would I have them set it to 600 when I have really been working on bettering myself for 130?

You've not actually been doing either. Not by the website's definition of a streak. Either day request would make as much sense to me

PS: My bad about my earlier response. Sorry, it was hard to intentionally be *that* ridiculous :wink:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I've broken streaks before. It's honestly not the end of the world. Just pick back up where you left off, and start anew for your personal streak. An earlier post suggested a calendar, and I think that's a really good idea. You could always get one of those big monthly calendars, place it somewhere visible (like the kitchen, or in your bedroom/office), and check off each day you made good choices. Soon enough you could have entire months filled up, and you'll have a tangible object to see every day, as opposed to something on a website.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Read the entire thread, I am sorry I really don't understand wanting credit for something you didn't do. If it was that important to you, Vegas has signal and it seems you have signal at home, it also seems you live in the US and to my knowledge there is nowhere in the US that you would have been flying that would have put you without a signal for an entire 24 hours. Also reading your post, it seemed like you were saying you decided not to log, then at home decided to log estimates after the fact. You only mentioned missing 1 day only, when you got defensive.

I have friends with 1k+ streaks and I admire their commitment, even if they didn't log food...they at least thought about their health and fitness each of those days (unless they cheated, bums me out to know they may of now). If knowing how long its been for you is that important, make a date in your calendar, then its an anniversary or type a note on your profile recording the streak you lost and add the new streak number to that...pretty basic math.

People yo-yo diet and lose and regain because they figure well just a little, I'll fix it later.....that is their responsibility to prevent or to start over. Not saying you did this, but same concept... Taking responsibility for ones actions.

Also posting on a public forum and expecting only to hear what you want is childish, the world doesn't work that way. Also if you have been here 130 days you should know this community isn't into coddling people. Fact of life you (not a glitch but YOU) chose not to log therefore you did NOT log in 131 days in a row. This is actually comparable to the people that lie about their intake or exercise to make the numbers work and feel better, part of being an adult is taking responsibility for one's own self and owning your actions.

Congrats on 130 days! :flowerforyou: Here's to the next 130.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    No
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    wow, this is still going on?! i think this shows the amazing dedication of the OP and all the rest of you! well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Another example of Vegas ruining a life.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    If you didn't log in, and your streak reset itself, then I'm not sure why you think it should be changed back. It's a record of how many days in a row you've signed into the site. You didn't sign in. You're back at square one. Why does it matter anyway?

Edit: Just to clarify, the streak is how many days you've signed into the site, not how many days you've logged.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Sorry for you
    You didnt log so your logging streak is broken

I seriously hope MFP does not fix this, cause thats like cheating
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone else has already mentioned this in the three pages of replies...

...but just in case:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

While I don't think they *should* reset your days based on your story, I have reason to believe that they *will*.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just so I'm clear...you decided not to log in, but you still want credit for logging in?

I didn't lose any weight last week. I don't like that. I would like MFP to change it so I lost weight.

I blame T ball.

1314 consecutive days logged. No do-overs.

DAY
    STREAK

I'm going to catch you...

...and if I can't do it by trying harder, I'm going to ask a mod to add 242 days to my total because reasons.