WHAT!!! NO.... Please help me fix this.

Options

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I didn't try to lose weight last week but should I still log that I lost weight even though I gained 5 lbs?

OP, get a grip.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes yes we've seen you reiterate the cheatin' link multiple times now :ohwell:

Does the existence of this link trouble you? Or is it my posting of it for the convenience of others?

Regardless, here it is again in case anyone else wants to reset their streak:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

I'm a helper. It's just what I do.
    blatant hypocrisy you say?

Ah, I'm beginning to understand why some can be so hypocritical without realizing it. It's because they don't understand what hypocrisy actually is.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Does the existence of this link trouble you? Or is it my posting of it for the convenience of others?

Thought you were the master of pointing things out for no reason whatsoever. Call me a quick study!

Oh, I always have a reason.

And I inferred from your use of the word "cheatin'" and the emoticon you used that you disapproved of either the link itself or of my sharing it. Either way, it doesn't change that my providing it to OP (and others who want to change their streak) is being helpful.

I'm sure you (and that other person who is struggling to keep up) have also been helpful in this thread...

...just in your own special ways.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ah yes the important things. You didn't log in but somehow need the validation? I wish people would stop liking my streak every time it says 5 days, because I missed a day because of vacation or something.
    you know you can turn off that notification so it won't announce it to your friend's list?

and, holy **** ****, why the hell are so many people getting their panties in such a twist over this? LOL all of you are pretty pathetic.

And what do you call what you just posted? A calm, rational, and mature response?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Thought you were the master of pointing things out for no reason whatsoever. Call me a quick study!

And I inferred from your use of the word "cheatin'" and the emoticon you used that you disapproved of either the link itself or of my sharing it. Either way, it doesn't change that my providing it to OP (and others who want to change their streak) is being helpful.

I'm sure you (and that other person who is struggling to keep up) have also been helpful in this thread...

Exactly. We're both special and helpful. Multiple times.

Could you post the link again please? I still missed it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by my logging streak too. But you chose not to log, therefore your streak was broken. It would be highly unfair if you got it fixed. I broke my streak when I went out of the country last summer. I could have had MFP fix it because I had no access to wifi. But I didn't because I wouldn't have logged anyway (that's what vacations are for). Just start from day one again and build it up.
    LOL

unfair to whom?

there is no blue ribbon or trophy.

who cares?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Choose your own adventure:

1. You can lead a MFPer to a link...

...but you can't make them click on it.

<or>

2. Give a MFPer a link, satisfy them for a moment...

...chide them into finding their own links, something something lifetime.

(I think my preference is 1.)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Boy am I dense today...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi Jof, I find you to be a most helpful and knowledgeable person on these boards. Whenever you are not so busy dealing with ridiculousity on this thread would mind PMing me the "cheatin' link"? I have a few months of not posting to correct for and I'll appreciate having that tool to fix it.

Mmmmkaythanksbai!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Ah yes the important things. You didn't log in but somehow need the validation? I wish people would stop liking my streak every time it says 5 days, because I missed a day because of vacation or something.

And for this "problem":

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/news_feed_settings

and uncheck: "I have logged in for several days in a row"

Thanks really useful. Now unchecked. However for important dates don't use a 3rd party website.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

Choose your own adventure:

1. You can lead a MFPer to a link...

...but you can't make them click on it.

<or>

2. Give a MFPer a link, satisfy them for a moment...

...chide them into finding their own links, something something lifetime.

(I think my preference is 1.)

I'm only at 972 days. Would you mind posting the link again so I can double my number? I missed it the other times you posted it!
  • rbrice1981
    Options
    Who cares why a person wants to keep track of it. It's a goal and their goal doesn't have to be yours. If no one wanted to keep track of it, why would the MFP app designers have designed it in?
  • lukefitnesspkt
    Options
    Alright listen... If you're like me then you like the mentality of having a high "___ days in a row" streak. Why do you guys care if people want it reset or changed back? If it gives them motivation, let em ask for it to be fixed. If you contact them via email, it literally has a help option that says "I lost my days-in-a-row streak" option. Seems like a common problem, and I'm sure they'll fix it for you.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Alright listen... If you're like me then you like the mentality of having a high "___ days in a row" streak. Why do you guys care if people want it reset or changed back? If it gives them motivation, let em ask for it to be fixed. If you contact them via email, it literally has a help option that says "I lost my days-in-a-row streak" option. Seems like a common problem, and I'm sure they'll fix it for you.

We've told you why we care. Why do you care that we care? It ain't rocket science, if you want the streak, put in the work and log in everyday, otherwise to some you look like you're getting benefits for efforts you couldn't be bothered to put in
  • dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ok....I know this is way old and probably too late to fix now. but you did know about the official fix by MFP right?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If anyone in this thread still cares about this, it is possible for someone to log in every day yet break their streak.

Example: You live in Massachusetts and go on vacation in British Columbia, but don't change your time zone in MFP. One day you don't have Internet access until 10 pm because you turned off data roaming and you're only using WiFi. You sync your phone, on which you have logged things in offline mode, at 10:15 pm. But as far as MFP knows, it's 1:15 am the following day; you didn't log in that day in your home time zone, so your streak is broken.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Decides not to log in and then gets upset her streak is gone...

Farnsworth_I_don't_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore.jpg

EDIT:
    God damn zombie thread!!!!
    large.gif
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    dalildevil wrote: »
    ok....I know this is way old and probably too late to fix now. but you did know about the official fix by MFP right?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

I know this is a zombie thread, but thought I'd put in my $0.02 anyway. I recently went on vacation and due to timezone confusion, missed logging in one day, breaking my 185 day streak. Pouted for a few minutes before deciding to use it as motivation. i.e. I wont be happy now until I've bettered that.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    How do I find what my streak is? Just curious...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How do I find what my streak is? Just curious...

on your homepage