"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 1

Options
Starting Saturday, October 30th we will be starting the 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge. :flowerforyou:

Over the next 9 weeks we will be having a certain challenge for each week. With the help of a couple of my friends here on MFP there will be a new "topic" or "message board" for each week, starting on Saturday. The "topic" or "message board" will be under the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" each week. If anyone would like to Volunteer to help with the weekly topic please let me know. And Ill assign you a Saturday and I'll give you a challenge suggestion in a message and you can create it from there on out. I realize over the next 9 weeks life will be hectic for everyone, but I think WE can commit to AT LEAST 12 pounds in 9 weeks, which amounts to a little over 1 pound a week. In order to help the needy, I have came up with an idea. EACH Pound you lose I would like you to donate ONE Item to the local food bank/pantry.

List ONE thing you would like to be able to do by the end of this challenge that you can't do at this moment..

This Challenge is OPEN to ANYONE who would like to join. Feel free to join in at ANYTIME. This Challenge/group is here to support and guide you along the way. All weight loss suggestions and tips are welcomed at all times. Just make sure you respect everyone in the group, and we will all get along..

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 1
Week 1 (10/30 - 11/05) - 1 "before" picture with clothing item (Everyone must post their picture of them wearing (as best they can) their clothing item of choice. Also, post their starting weight for the challenge.) *Thank you Pinky for the suggestion*

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 1
Week 1 (10/30 - 11/05)
Jump Rope 2.3min Mon, then add 30sec each day (If you don't have a jump rope, find another activity to increase daily that will get your heart pumping.) *Thanks Bru for the suggestions from your BMK.. Im incorporating them with Pinky's suggestions*

Quote of the Week: “The only real failure in life is the failure to try.” -unknown

Here is the Graphic I made to put in your signature bar if you want.. For the 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge..
1823185f7oi8od3ll22.gif

*****Remember the actual challenge doesnt start until SATURDAY.. I have posted this early because I may be busy over the next couple days. My husband boss passed away on Tuesday and I have to help get things together for the funeral, which is on Saturday.. So I decided to put this together early.. Any other Ideas are welcomed.. Feel free to start talking in here.. just NO Weigh in for challenge until SATURDAY.. Please and thank you! Feel free to join in.. WE are here to support each other! Lets go H20, lets blow this challenge out of the water yet again!! *****

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My one item that I would like to be able to do by Christmas is to finish an entire workout video without modifications. I'll have to go shopping tonight or tomorrow for that one item of clothing that I want to wear to the family Christmas events - going to get it a size smaller than I am comfortable with and blast into for the holidays.

I also love the idea of donating to the food bank for every pound I lose. Definitely going to work on donating as much as possible this year.
  • francesstewart1
    Options
    Hiya, This sounds good to me :) Can I be in? I like the food bank idea too. Am a bit confused about the photograph. Is it of us trying to wear something that we want to be able to wear by the end of the challenge or us just holding the peice? Sorry I hope this is not too dumber question.

My goal is to be able to do 25 push ups FULL! and run 10km in less that 45 minutes! Sorry I work in metric.

I will be away this saturday so I will try and get my weigh in before then

THanks for organising!
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I want to be in!!!!

My goal is to be able to do 45 minutes of cardio a day. I currently do 30 minutes and as an ex-smoker, that's saying something

Thanks for organizing!!!!
  • carmen1485
    Options
    Hi, please count me in too.

My goal is to do 3 weight and 3 cardio sessions per week. At the moment that seems possible.
  • francesstewart1
    Options
    So... understood the photo now and have taken one. Not sure how to put it up so if someone could help that would be great (is it obvious I ama newbie!!)

My starting weight is 150pounds (of fat!) want to convert that to muscle so ONE (again misread) goal is too be able to do 25 full press ups!

Will put photo up once I know how :)
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I definately want to join this challenge. I did the Halloween challenge and am only 1.8 pounds away from our goal of 20 pounds. Can you please send me the link for the Christmas balls? I will try to add them. I never could get the H2O pumpkin to work. My goal is to actually start exercising again. I want to be able to run a 5k by Christmas so I'm going to try to do the Ct5K. I will start next week.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Let's go, H20!! So excited to get our Christmas Challenge started - thank you April for once again getting the group off to a fantastic start. You create the best opening posts!! Do we still want to use the Team H20 external website and keep the master log of weigh-ins? If so I'll get the site altered to our Christmas Challenge - just let me know!

francesstewart1 - Upload your picture to photobucket.com, and then copy the code the site provides for your picture and paste it into a reply in the thread. Only adjustment you have to make to the code is make sure theis in lower case (photobucket automatically makes it CAPS), otherwise it won't work.  I'm going to have to figure out what I want my accomplishment to be...I'll post it along with my starting weight on Saturday. But, for now, here is my clothing "before" picture...10-18-10c-1-1.jpg

It's a size 10 and it is actually the dress my sister wore as my Maid of Honor. I can zip it up now but you can see the stress on the teeth of the zipper, and all of the puckering all over the place in all the wrong places. Plus, I can hardly say my boobies fit in any way. :laugh: Looking forward to wearing this to a wedding I'm going to the first weekend in December!
  • francesstewart1
    Options
    Ahhh here goes... hope this works

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i437/francesstewart1/?action=view&current=PA280218.jpg

Cant believe my tummy is bigger than my boobs - I have never had this. What a wake up call.
  • francesstewart1
    Options
    DAmn it wont work! I hope that if you want to see the photo you can use this link.

So computer illiterate... thanks for your help tho pink_and_shiny!
  • francesstewart1
    Options
    Right third time lucky - Thanks AprilVal for your help!!

PA280218.jpg

Frances :)
  • francesstewart1
    Options
    Oh gosh that photo made me laugh - on a weight loss forum and the picture comes up enormously!!! Oh well I tried... :tongue:
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Right third time lucky - Thanks AprilVal for your help!!

PA280218.jpg

Frances :)

No problem.. :) I figured u just needed alittle help! :)
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Will post "before" pic later.

But I'm in!!! Looking to hit that 12 lbs +!

Christmas H20 SW: 186
    Christmas H20 GW: 174

Lets GO H20!!!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Will post "before" pic later.

But I'm in!!! Looking to hit that 12 lbs +!

Christmas H20 SW: 186
    Christmas H20 GW: 174

Lets GO H20!!!

Thats the spirit! :)
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I will take a picture soon, but I never learned how to post on the website.
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds like fun. 12 pounds in 9 weeks over the holidays will be a difficult but attainable challenge for me. I'm a guy so the clothing item thing is going to be a challenge to come up with too - I just don't think about clothes very much. Maybe I can get a new T-shirt to wear with the jeans I wear almost everyday:laugh: Anyway, sounds like a fun group. See you all Saturday when we post our pics and stats.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I will take a picture soon, but I never learned how to post on the website.

when you got them let me know.. and ill help you..
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link April
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Thanks for the link April

youre welcome!
  • clgiddens
    Options
    I'm in. I have the exact article of clothing that I want to fit in comfortably. I will take a pic and get it up soon. I will try to get it done asap! I want my exercise goal to be walking 2 miles-3 times a week. I'm not hardly exercising now so this is going to be a challenge for me. I know I can do it though!! I am new to this so this is my first challenge and I'm super excited!!