Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 1

Replies

• deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Ok, let's try that again.

P1040366-1-1.jpg
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    I've decided not to do "before" pictures for this challenge. As a 12 lb weight loss on someone my size (over 300 lbs) doesn't show up at all in photos. In fact, I had to lose over 50 lbs before the weight loss started to show (and even then it's barely noticeable). So yeah, no pictures from me. But you most of you are MUCH smaller, so a 12 pound loss will be much more apparent on you. :)

Anyway this is day two of the Challenge and I've already dropped a pound since yesterday! I'm off to an AWESOME start, now hopefully I can keep it up. It will be hard with the up and coming holiday feasts. lol But I have faith in my new healthy habits and know I can do this. :)

Welcome to all the new people! We are so going to rock this challenge to the core! ONWARD! :D
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Hello - Stormy again. Tryin to post my before pic again. If it doesn't work you'll just have to visualize What an over stuffed sausage dressed in a T-shirt and Jeans would look like:laugh: I'll see yo all next week. I've had fun reading all of your posts - this is going to be a fun group.

MffinTop0023-1-1.jpgGuess it didn't work????  I'll keep tryin - maybe by next week I'll figure it out.  I'm open for any suggestion you all may have.  Thanks
  • Okay, I'll try to post those pictures again. thanks for the help :)

photo11hd.jpg

photo13h.jpg

photo15p.jpg
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    I've decided not to do "before" pictures for this challenge. As a 12 lb weight loss on someone my size (over 300 lbs) doesn't show up at all in photos. In fact, I had to lose over 50 lbs before the weight loss started to show (and even then it's barely noticeable). So yeah, no pictures from me. But you most of you are MUCH smaller, so a 12 pound loss will be much more apparent on you. :)

Anyway this is day two of the Challenge and I've already dropped a pound since yesterday! I'm off to an AWESOME start, now hopefully I can keep it up. It will be hard with the up and coming holiday feasts. lol But I have faith in my new healthy habits and know I can do this. :)

Welcome to all the new people! We are so going to rock this challenge to the core! ONWARD! :D

The "holiday feasts" is why I chose to make it a 12 pound challenge. So we can still eat a little bit of holiday goodies without feeling soo guilty.. Atleast take a before picture and an after and if you see some change do share with us hun.. :) You dont have to now. I havent been losing many pounds lately been gaining off and on but I have been noticing inches that are coming off.. lol
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Ok so I am in, I hope I do better on this one that I did on the last!!!

I have a question, I do not have an item of clothing that I want to fit better in, as all my clothes are starting to become too lose on me, and the twelve pounds will make them looser. So should I just post in any item of clothing that I have now?

My fat clothes are becoming lose on me and my skinny clothes, well, I hav another 60 or so pounds before i get into those again.

I will post a pic when I get your opinions on this.

SW - 198.88
    GW - 186 (I hope its less)
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    How do I get the graphic?? I tried copying it but it didn't work/ thanks.

My goal is to excercise for 1/2 hour a day, at least 5 days a week and drink 8 glasses of water per day, MINIMUM!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I'm in! I need this so bad right now. I'll post pictures (if I can figure out how) tomorrow. If it's ok I'd like to use my weigh in that I do at Weight Watchers on Fridays, and I'll use last Friday as my starting point.

A little about me. I made a lifestyle change in Jan 09 after realizing I was eating things that I wouldn't want my daughter to eat. I wanted to become a better example for her (there's more of this story on my profile) and be healthy. Last March I slowly started falling off the wagon and after having my 2nd miscarriage in as many years (early miscarriage but still hard) I've been having a hard time staying afloat. I've been bouncing back from 185 to 189, back and forth for MONTHS. Well, this last friday I hit 190 and I know I could easily pop back up to 250 within a blink of an eye and I don't want to. I started doing WW in Jan 09 and switched to MFP Dec 2010 as a change and something different. I follow MFP for food tracking but I still go to WW meetings for the support and accountability. My goal for this challenge isn't anything physical, it is to get my mind back to where it was this time last year. This time last year I had 1 piece, if any of candy on Halloween, I walked over a mile a day and had just completed my first 1/2 half marathon (walking). Thanksgiving day I walked 4 miles and didn't eat any spinach dip (my favorite) and lost a lb the next day at WW. I made healthy choices because it's what I did. Now I am not that person any more and I want to find her again. I inspired a lot of my family to get healthy and I want to be that person again and I will do this as a Christmas gift to myself.

SW/CW 190.2

One question, i don't have a jump rope, but can I do it like in 30DS and just not use one?
  • AprilVal
    Ok so I am in, I hope I do better on this one that I did on the last!!!

I have a question, I do not have an item of clothing that I want to fit better in, as all my clothes are starting to become too lose on me, and the twelve pounds will make them looser. So should I just post in any item of clothing that I have now?

My fat clothes are becoming lose on me and my skinny clothes, well, I hav another 60 or so pounds before i get into those again.

I will post a pic when I get your opinions on this.

SW - 198.88
    GW - 186 (I hope its less)

Post a picture of you in ANY cloths hun.. :)
  • AprilVal
    I'm in! I need this so bad right now. I'll post pictures (if I can figure out how) tomorrow. If it's ok I'd like to use my weigh in that I do at Weight Watchers on Fridays, and I'll use last Friday as my starting point.

A little about me. I made a lifestyle change in Jan 09 after realizing I was eating things that I wouldn't want my daughter to eat. I wanted to become a better example for her (there's more of this story on my profile) and be healthy. Last March I slowly started falling off the wagon and after having my 2nd miscarriage in as many years (early miscarriage but still hard) I've been having a hard time staying afloat. I've been bouncing back from 185 to 189, back and forth for MONTHS. Well, this last friday I hit 190 and I know I could easily pop back up to 250 within a blink of an eye and I don't want to. I started doing WW in Jan 09 and switched to MFP Dec 2010 as a change and something different. I follow MFP for food tracking but I still go to WW meetings for the support and accountability. My goal for this challenge isn't anything physical, it is to get my mind back to where it was this time last year. This time last year I had 1 piece, if any of candy on Halloween, I walked over a mile a day and had just completed my first 1/2 half marathon (walking). Thanksgiving day I walked 4 miles and didn't eat any spinach dip (my favorite) and lost a lb the next day at WW. I made healthy choices because it's what I did. Now I am not that person any more and I want to find her again. I inspired a lot of my family to get healthy and I want to be that person again and I will do this as a Christmas gift to myself.

SW/CW 190.2

One question, i don't have a jump rope, but can I do it like in 30DS and just not use one?

Yes.. Modify it however you have to.. :)
  • StacySkinny
    Thanks, April, but I won't be putting my pics up. You all are at least 100 lbs lighter than I am and I just don't want to see pics of me up there with all you small people. lol I hope that doesn't mean I'm disqualified from the challenge. :) I take pictures every 25 lbs lost or so for my own records. But from experience there will be no change in how I look between now and 12 pounds from now. Someone my weight has to lose A LOT before it's even noticeable.

I hope everyone had an excellent Halloween! *hugs*
  • AprilVal

My goal is to excercise for 1/2 hour a day, at least 5 days a week and drink 8 glasses of water per day, MINIMUM!

1823185f7oi8od3ll22.gif

Make IMG & /IMG lowercase
  • StacySkinny

You need to type in [ img ] and [ /img ] with the graphic URL in between. Also get rid of the paces before and after the "[" and "]". Sounds confusing but it should look like this:

[ img]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/AprilVWhitaker/1823185f7oi8od3ll22.gif[ /img] (but with no spaces)
  • StacySkinny
    Hello - Stormy again. Tryin to post my before pic again. If it doesn't work you'll just have to visualize What an over stuffed sausage dressed in a T-shirt and Jeans would look like:laugh: I'll see yo all next week. I've had fun reading all of your posts - this is going to be a fun group.

MffinTop0023-1-1.jpgGuess it didn't work????  I'll keep tryin - maybe by next week I'll figure it out.  I'm open for any suggestion you all may have.  Thanks

Hey Stormy, I think I figured it out:
    [img]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/stormywxs1/Muffin Top/MffinTop0023-1.jpg[/img]

Yay! It worked! :D
    Instead of: http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/stormywxs1/Muffin Top/MffinTop0023-1-1.jpg
    I used: http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/stormywxs1/Muffin Top/MffinTop0023-1.jpg

I just deleted the "%" and put a space there between the "Muffin" and "Top".
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    I would like to join this challenge as well. The Challenges I have found are what keep me motivated :). I have no idea how to post pictures so if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

CW: 152

GW: 140

Challenges for me: To ensure that I get in some form of exercise each day. With the cold weather hitting, my walking outside has slowed down a bit so I need to find something else to keep my interest.

I usually walk about 2 miles in 45 minutes, so I would like to increase the mileage but also keep my time down.
  • Count me in.
    I'm going to try to attend 3 classes a week at the gym. Mostly, I'd like to change my general habits- move around more, only eat when I'm truely hungry, less empty calories.
    CW-155
    GW-143 in 12 weeks
    GW-140 by my birthday- January 15th

I'm still working on the photo
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member

Check the privacy settings on the album you're uploading your pictures into. You may have it set so that public eyes cannot see the images. Or, maybe somehow the link got screwy if the image was moved around within your album, breaking the direct link.

Good luck, Stormy!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    OK, here are my stats for this challenge:

SW - 180.8
    GW - 168.8

My fitness goal for the challenge is to be able to run a full mile. I'm a run/walk kind of girl and have a decent pace when I do that, but I seem to have a mental block about continuous running. I feel like I just can't do it, and I'm 99% sure it is just me psyching myself out. I'm doing the Wii Fit Free Run and that is making me be constantly running in place for 30 minutes, so even though I'm not propelling my body weight I'm thinking that will help my endurance.
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    I am in too....I want to do 45 mins of cardio on Mon, Wed Friday plus the weekend....

I will take pic later in the day and will post it

Thank you very much
  • Christi84
    Christi84 Posts: 6 Member
    I would also like to join! I'll post pics and everything later tonight!