Family Stick People on vehicles

Options
Fit4_Life
Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
Family Stick People. Question is: Why would anyone put stick people on their vehicle? Not only it shows how many people, children and pets that are in your household..let alone names below the stickers. Nothing like a stranger luring your child off of school grounds by calling out their name. Why make it an easy target for someone to break into your house KNOWING how many people or what kind of animals that are in your house? Or say if one of your stick people is dressed up as a football player or basketball player..That stranger knows that child plays sports. The least amount of public information made available about you and your family will result in the fewest amount of opportunities for anything to occur at the hands of any potential predators.

Replies

• Sweetout
    Sweetout Posts: 153
    Options
    Not everyone is as smart as you are.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hate those frickin' things. The best I've ever seen, though, was an adult woman, 7 stick dogs, and 9 stick cats.

I've worked in banking for a decade, and I've been to countless security training where they preach putting ZERO personal information on your car. Last name as part of a personalized license plate? Somebody walks up to you in a parking lot calling you by your name and you stop because you think you know them. Scary stuff.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I read an article about that.

I personally just don't like the stick figure people. but I've seen a few funny ones. I purchased a t-rex eating a stick family for my brother in law.

I also never put my child's name on the back of any jersey he owned for the same reason.
    Secondly, we had a code word. If someone told him "your parents are hurt! come with me!!" he was to ask "what's the code word?"

it was so random they would never know. he's 14 and we still use the code word.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I hate those frickin' things. The best I've ever seen, though, was an adult woman, 7 stick dogs, and 9 stick cats.

I've worked in banking for a decade, and I've been to countless security training where they preach putting ZERO personal information on your car. Last name as part of a personalized license plate? Somebody walks up to you in a parking lot calling you by your name and you stop because you think you know them. Scary stuff.

I was just going to say this. I love the one with nothing but a woman and a long line of cats.

I don't get putting your life's details all over the back of your car, but to each their own.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I wont put any stickers on my vehicle unless it's required for this exact reason
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I want to get a bunch of the cat stickers. Then I'll look like the crazy cat lady and won't nobody mess with me :glasses:
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I saw one once that I still laugh about to this day. Some minivan had them plastered all over the back glass. Each stick figure had ridiculous names like "Bubba Joe" or "John Boy." The one I found most hilarious was "Clorox."
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I have self defense stuff on the back of my car, and a barbed wire frame around my license plate.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Sometimes I think of putting one little lonely lady stick figure on my car. Think I'd get more men if I did?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    We saw some on the back of a Prius the other day--there were at least 8 people, 4 cats, and 3 dogs. My son said, "they're obviously clowns." We laughed.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing that everywhere.
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I liked the one where there was a zombie chasing the family. :laugh:
  • DarkAngel272
    Options
    I agree, I've seen SO many (alot with names included) and don't think it's either safe/smart or very attractive looking.

That being said I have animal rescue magnets on my car so someone is probably making fun of me for it somewhere.

Luckily I give zero f*cks.
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    3270d1351451250-m-e-m-e-funny-picture-thread-stick-figure-family.jpg
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I prefer this one.

tumblr_m7p9qcpVRo1qzbs6po1_r6_500.jpg

Or maybe this one

l8gSXsY.jpg
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think of putting one little lonely lady stick figure on my car. Think I'd get more men if I did?

That might work untill you started getting all the stalker dudes chasing you down like zombies. Or is that the look you were going for?

(The above comment is made and intended as peer humor. No zombies were harmed in the making of this statement)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I don't have any on my car for the reasons stated above. However, the best one I saw was a "Dad" with 2 kids and a "Mom" with "vacancy" written underneath, then a cat with "RIP" written under it. We still laugh at the "vacancy".

We use a code word at our house too.
  • feherd
    feherd Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Secondly, we had a code word. If someone told him "your parents are hurt! come with me!!" he was to ask "what's the code word?"

it was so random they would never know. he's 14 and we still use the code word.

Haha my family has a code word too! Well actually a phrase. But we came up with it in case a random stranger wanted us to go with them and claimed our mom sent them, then we'd just ask for the password. Luckily we never had that happen, but we still know the password to this day, and I even have bought art for no other reason than it reminded me of the code phrase we came up with. :)
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Family Stick People. Question is: Why would anyone put stick people on their vehicle? Not only it shows how many people, children and pets that are in your household..let alone names below the stickers. Nothing like a stranger luring your child off of school grounds by calling out their name. Why make it an easy target for someone to break into your house KNOWING how many people or what kind of animals that are in your house? Or say if one of your stick people is dressed up as a football player or basketball player..That stranger knows that child plays sports. The least amount of public information made available about you and your family will result in the fewest amount of opportunities for anything to occur at the hands of any potential predators.

^^this....is why I wont allow it. Our local ISD also wont allow non parents to video tape any event either.