Family Stick People on vehicles

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    There is a big suburban that drove the same commute as me- it had an entire zombie family.

I like the chain saw one killing the stick people- that amuses me.

I personally think they are stupid- and I get annoyed at the ones with the mickey mouse hats or anything else insipid... But the funny sarcastic ones amuse me- still wouldn't get them.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Really? People put their names on them? Most of the time I just ignore them but do appreciate some of the funny ones. My friend's Hubby got ones that all look like The Stig from Top Gear.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    3270d1351451250-m-e-m-e-funny-picture-thread-stick-figure-family.jpg

I roared.

I dont get this - granted I have not seen or heard about names being included, but on the whole - I don't see the issue with it. In most cases, I can tell just by walking past your car if you have children or not. Often, you can even guess how many and what sex they are. Not to mention people can get the same information from just seeing you in your vehicle.
    All of the information these stickers provide (with the exception of the name which I have no seen as mentioned), is easily learned any number of other ways.

I don't have them because I don't like them. I don't see it as a safety issue.

ETA - perhaps I should consider them depicting my 3 large dogs. I'm guessing they won't be likely to follow me home.

I saw a report a few years ago that would terrify any parent. A group of parents were asked it they thought their children would go off with a stranger if approached, everyone said absolutely not, they have been taught about the dangers and are "street smart". A police officer posing as someone who had lost his dog in a park was able to lure most of the children off the playground to look for the dog, only a couple of them ran. Imagine how easily this could happen if some freak had all of the information posted on the vehicle. Yes this information is available very easily, but why put it on display for every pervert and freak to see. I just don't get the reasoning behind it.

It can happen easily any way, with or without the stickers. Again, with the exception of the name, I don't see how any of this information provides any extra danger. People put stickers that their kids play hockey - do you also hide their equipment from sight in your vehicle? What about team jackets, tshirts and uniforms (some of them even have names).
    I'm all for being aware and being cautious, but I just don't think this is the hazard people seem to believe it is.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I hate them. And as a joke my ex and his friend covered my car in them.
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    l8gSXsY.jpg

I like this one. I think my wife would agree.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I roared.

I dont get this - granted I have not seen or heard about names being included, but on the whole - I don't see the issue with it. In most cases, I can tell just by walking past your car if you have children or not. Often, you can even guess how many and what sex they are. Not to mention people can get the same information from just seeing you in your vehicle.
    All of the information these stickers provide (with the exception of the name which I have no seen as mentioned), is easily learned any number of other ways.

I don't have them because I don't like them. I don't see it as a safety issue.

ETA - perhaps I should consider them depicting my 3 large dogs. I'm guessing they won't be likely to follow me home.
    +

This is what I was thinking. I won't know you have 3 boys and 2 girls when I see you loading up into said min-van in the grocery store parking lot. It's not that hard to get the information if you really need it. Also, I have no idea how many times I walk through the parking lot, and see people's mail, and work badges, etc sitting in plain view in their car. For instance, I saw this morning, as I got out of my car, the car next to me had a photo ID badge for a person with her full name in bright letters from John Deere hanging from her rear-view mirror. She also had an envelope from her cable company with her address on the front seat. If I were a creepy(ier) weirdo, I now know this young attractive woman's name, and address. She most likely has no kids based on the age she looks in the photo ID, coupled with the lack of cheerios in the seat cushions, and car seats. No stick figures in the windows, nor any stickers at all.

The other thought is, if i wanted, I bet I could either google the name, or look on fb, and get even more info. So many have their privacy settings set so low, that you can get pics of their kids at athletic events, etc.

Bottom line, if a stalker really wants to, they can get your info.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate those things but to each their own.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I despise those fat-shaming stick figures. :angry:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Took this one a few years back. Outside a Michael's craft store.

319479_816067587433_7379781_n.jpg
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I wonder too, but I mean, if someone has a minivan, chances are they have a few kids.

I saw one car that had like 10 cat stick figures. It was awesome.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I'll catch heck for this but I have had this in my mind for a long time, ever since those stickers came out.

Picture it as a comedy sketch if it makes you feel better.

Mass murdered takes out two people in a house.
    Runs out in the garage and checks the back of the car, two more, really?
    Back into the house and takes out one more.
    Back in the garage to check, only one more.... snd a cat!
    Back in the house...
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had the zombie family stickers on my car up until recently. Only took it off because some of them started peeling. Really, there's only so much paranoia that I can give a f*** about. Is letting somebody know there are 2 adults, 1 kid, 1 cat and 1 dog in my family really going to make it easier for them to somehow attack me? As far as being annoying, if that's the worst of your troubles, you're welcome. :P

I'm going to get some of the Star Trek/Star Wars stickers at some point and just mix and match on the back windshield, just to really annoy my fellow geeks. ;)
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I saw this one.

positionopen_zpsa9bcefc9.jpg
  • HelloAmbie
    HelloAmbie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Close your eyes while you are driving , and you will not see them.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options

stick-figure-decals-star-wars.png

Yay for mini boba fett!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i think they are pretty stupid but not nearly the security risk you make them out to be.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    OMGOMGOMG!!!! You mean somebody might be able to LOOK at my car and know that I have kids???? and then I'll be in MORTAL DANGER because of this information leak??? HOW AM I NOT ALREADY DEAD???

Because yeah, it takes stick figures to realize that i have two daughters. Looking at the two pink car seats doesn't tip anyone off. Seeing the dolls doesn't tip anyone off. The toys from the girl's Happy Meal doesn't tip anyone off. No, it's STICK FIGURE PEOPLE, and CRAZY CRAZY CRIMINALS GONNA FOLLOW ME HOME NOW AND KILL ME.

they may even have golf clubs.

*GOES INTO A FRENZIED PANIC*
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Close your eyes while you are driving , and you will not see them.

Hey! That works!
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Molon Labe
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I once saw a stick figure with 4 coat hangers.

True story.