Family Stick People on vehicles

Options

Replies

• the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me shake my head at how paranoid some people are.

:/
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I don't have any stickers on my car but I do have three carseats jammed into the back seat.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I saw this one out at a nearby lake on Memorial Day last year. Had to take a picture. Since then I've seen 2 or 3 other cars with the same sticker. Might be warped of me, but I thought it was funny.

jbdhzFh.jpg
    I have this one on my car and I can't tell you how many people have taken pictures of it.....because it happens a lot \m/
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I agree with you.

But I have seen some pretty interesting ones. I saw a zombie stick figure family once that I thought was just adorable. But I absolutely get where you are coming from and that is the exact reason why I wouldn't have that kind of decal on my car.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    To each their own, I have these on the back of my car. Anybody effs with us we will bite your arm off, then you will be part of the "family" ... just sayin... :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=41326&d=1350918754
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Close your eyes while you are driving , and you will not see them.

Thank you for embarrassing me at work by making me laugh out loud.
  • BigSpoonSA
    BigSpoonSA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I saw one that had a mother and four kids with the daddy "stick" behind prison bars. Kinda depressing.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    In the 2000s, the stick figure family has finally replaced these:

blue_honor_student_bumper_sticker-r0ae7bf08d25a46369143b3ee7e93f5ae_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Now, those were annoying.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I saw one that had a mother and four kids with the daddy "stick" behind prison bars. Kinda depressing.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The interhighway must be very bored today...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My neighbor has one that's just a lady in a bathrobe and six cats, but I happen to know she also has a boyfriend who looks like a cage fighter, so surprise for somebody there.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    In the 2000s, the stick figure family has finally replaced these:

blue_honor_student_bumper_sticker-r0ae7bf08d25a46369143b3ee7e93f5ae_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Now, those were annoying.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5fJZWyYplTl6bJUQ25o1V5CrtYecS1efYLbgR8FLqA6blZVUHnLCbdg6qslLKlil_uWetjDq7&usqp=CAE

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtpa3Ckky9mmMhse5YWwEVINw11DaOzsJn0YDd-6GRmuefvOdfoQcYaR2LpoZbDqKdkNSX9WHv&usqp=CAE
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    People give away far more personal information in these forums than any stick figure decal can.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    my thoughts exactly.

on a related note, i'm seriously considering investing in chain-cutters so i can neuter all the ball-swinging redneck boy trucks i see around here. :grumble:

eta the best bumpersticker i ever saw, recently: (paraphrased) "My child's self-esteem is healthy enough that his modest academic achievements need not be glorified by a sticker on my vehicle." i should have photo'd it.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Well let's see, don't have them but it's not like they can't see the big @ss carseat sitting in the middle of the back seat, or they can't see the big ole bag of baseball gear sitting in the back. Yep, dead give away. You can pick anything out of anyone if you sit back and observe for 5 mins what they are doing. Doesn't take stupid stick figures to figure it out.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    There was an episode of Dexter where the Trinity Killer used the stick figures w/names on the back of a family's vehicle to then lure the little boy (age 10) to him by telling him he was a cop and his parents had been in an accident (mentioned parents by name). The boy then asked about his sister and Trinity assured him that she was in the car waiting for him (also mentioned sister by name). The boy then followed him and almost ended up dead (saved by Dexter).

That scene from Dexter, though fictional, could easily play out in reality and is exactly why these stick figure stickers need to go away. That and they are just annoying. No one really cares about your stick figure family.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I once saw one where the woman had just scraped the dad off. I guess she didn't want to scrape it all off and buy the vacancy one.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Don't drive a car. By watching you drive your car, people can tell what type of car you drive. Also they can follow you home and find out where you live. So never go home.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    There was an episode of Dexter where the Trinity Killer used the stick figures w/names on the back of a family's vehicle to then lure the little boy (age 10) to him by telling him he was a cop and his parents had been in an accident (mentioned parents by name). The boy then asked about his sister and Trinity assured him that she was in the car waiting for him (also mentioned sister by name). The boy then followed him and almost ended up dead (saved by Dexter).

That scene from Dexter, though fictional, could easily play out in reality and is exactly why these stick figure stickers need to go away. That and they are just annoying. No one really cares about your stick figure family.

Now seriously there is a difference in having a few stick people on the back of your car and having your children's names plastered all over for the world to see.... I include on clothing items , headbands, bookbags, bike license plates etc. Those are indeed giving away way too much info about the child/children.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    my thoughts exactly.

on a related note, i'm seriously considering investing in chain-cutters so i can neuter all the ball-swinging redneck boy trucks i see around here. :grumble:

ha! They are all over the place down here in FL. Gotta love it when they are skin colored with veins and all. They used to be all teel and chrome, but now it';s gotten graphic! Makes me want to crash them, or like you said, snip them off!

I think it means the driver has no balls. so the truck has to. LOL