Family Stick People on vehicles

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    my thoughts exactly.

on a related note, i'm seriously considering investing in chain-cutters so i can neuter all the ball-swinging redneck boy trucks i see around here. :grumble:

ha! They are all over the place down here in FL. Gotta love it when they are skin colored with veins and all. They used to be all teel and chrome, but now it';s gotten graphic! Makes me want to crash them, or like you said, snip them off!

I think it means the driver has no balls. so the truck has to. LOL

Oh yeah, the realistic ones are so gross. Welcome to the good ole boy hick town I live in. Where are those wire cutters?!
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    my thoughts exactly.

on a related note, i'm seriously considering investing in chain-cutters so i can neuter all the ball-swinging redneck boy trucks i see around here. :grumble:

ha! They are all over the place down here in FL. Gotta love it when they are skin colored with veins and all. They used to be all teel and chrome, but now it';s gotten graphic! Makes me want to crash them, or like you said, snip them off!

In Fl too, the one I want to hacksaw off the most is the one I saw on a smart car... oh the irony... I am sure it was intentional, but still lol
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I saw on the back of a run down van a stick figure family with a stick figure mom, a baby and dad behind bars!!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    At the point someone is stocking you that much they already know everything they need to know. I refuse to live my life in such fear, or worse think I'm safe because I didn't put stick figures on my car.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    LOL @ people being paranoid about this.

You're worried about your stick figures giving away info?

There are so many other things that give out ACTUAL info.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Molon Labe

^^^AGREE!!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    So glad I live my life without imagining pedophiles and murderers constantly lurking around me. And I live in a city!

^ pretty much this.

...and i'm glad i grew up at a time when it was ok for kids to go play in the woods or in the cornfields or down by the pond a mile away from home with other neighborhood kids for hours and hours at a time without adult chaperones or our parents worrying that we had been abducted or molested just because they hadn't heard from us in the last 15 minutes.

i'm not saying bad things don't happen, because they do. but they are not nearly as common as the media and hollywood make it seem.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I read an article about that.

I personally just don't like the stick figure people. but I've seen a few funny ones. I purchased a t-rex eating a stick family for my brother in law.

I also never put my child's name on the back of any jersey he owned for the same reason.
    Secondly, we had a code word. If someone told him "your parents are hurt! come with me!!" he was to ask "what's the code word?"

it was so random they would never know. he's 14 and we still use the code word.

OMG, I had a code word for my son, "chikabuckaw", He was a senior in highschool and I sent my bff to pick him up from school one day, and he wouldn't go with her without the code word. She got to his school and yelled it out the window! LMAO!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    So glad I live my life without imagining pedophiles and murderers constantly lurking around me. And I live in a city!

^ pretty much this.

...and i'm glad i grew up at a time when it was ok for kids to go play in the woods or in the cornfields or down by the pond a mile away from home with other neighborhood kids for hours and hours at a time without adult chaperones or our parents worrying that we had been abducted or molested just because they hadn't heard from us in the last 15 minutes.

i'm not saying bad things don't happen, because they do. but they are not nearly as common as the media and hollywood make it seem.

THIS!!! :flowerforyou:

We wonder why childhood obesity is so high. We have them, (parents, kids), scared stiff that the boogie man might get them.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, the realistic ones are so gross. Welcome to the good ole boy hick town I live in. Where are those wire cutters?!

i saw bright pink ones once. not flesh-pink, either: bright hot pink. balls. on a truck. WTF???

either way--a boy with pink balls on his truck, or a girl with pink balls on her truck--makes NO sense. :noway:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I hate those things. Who cares how many times you have reproduced?
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I read an article about that.

I personally just don't like the stick figure people. but I've seen a few funny ones. I purchased a t-rex eating a stick family for my brother in law.

I also never put my child's name on the back of any jersey he owned for the same reason.
    Secondly, we had a code word. If someone told him "your parents are hurt! come with me!!" he was to ask "what's the code word?"

it was so random they would never know. he's 14 and we still use the code word.

OMG, I had a code word for my son, "chikabuckaw", He was a senior in highschool and I sent my bff to pick him up from school one day, and he wouldn't go with her without the code word. She got to his school and yelled it out the window! LMAO!

We use a codeword too ;)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Damnit! I got distracted again. My whole intent to post was to say...

Why is it that we live in a society where we are so paranoid of our children being abducted? The concern for me is that we have come to this culture where we don't trust each other anymore, and are working towards isolating oursleves from the rest of the people in our society.

No, I am not a Pollyanna who thinks all the world is good. I do believe however, that the vast majority of people are good, and do not intend to do harm to myself or my children. There is nothing wrong with taknig reasonable precaution, but I think we are moving in a direction that is not so great for our communities, and we are being overprotective.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    funny-family-stick-figures-stickers-on-your-car.jpg

*edited to clarify I didn't do this but it is funny* :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is why I sometimes pick up an extra kid or two for our family trips...or leave one or two of my own kids behind randomly...so strangers won't be able to count the number of kids in my car to figure this out on their own.

#alwaysonestepaheadofthebadguys
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    OPSEC
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    There was an episode of Dexter where the Trinity Killer used the stick figures w/names on the back of a family's vehicle to then lure the little boy (age 10) to him by telling him he was a cop and his parents had been in an accident (mentioned parents by name). The boy then asked about his sister and Trinity assured him that she was in the car waiting for him (also mentioned sister by name). The boy then followed him and almost ended up dead (saved by Dexter).

That scene from Dexter, though fictional, could easily play out in reality and is exactly why these stick figure stickers need to go away. That and they are just annoying. No one really cares about your stick figure family.

And this scene could have played out any number of other ways. Those people that we really fear who actually do this - they are really, really good. Being a smooth talker is a very powerful tool. The name is an easy give, but if they don't have that, it doesn't mean they will just give up. I guarantee Trinity would have found another way.
    Plus, does no one call their child by name in public?

Is there a risk from strangers - absolutely. As pointed out a few times in this thread, we worry about things like stickers on a car when just as much or more information is available a ton of other ways. But the bigger risk are people who already know all this information anyway.