Family Stick People on vehicles

Options

Replies

• Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think the one with 2 adults and a bag of money is the funniest I've seen.

I've actually got a set on my car but mostly because they're awesome. My husband and I are Iron Man/Woman (Tony Stark is a serious favorite of ours) and the 3 cats are Iron Cat, Wolverine Cat, & Captain America Cat.

If we had kids, I don't think I'd put them on the car, but I highly doubt someone's going to try to kidnap our 3 kitties. And I've never seen any with names, though I've seen plenty of the ones shaped like a sports ball or dancer with a name on it. Not a good idea, friends.
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Family Stick People. Question is: Why would anyone put stick people on their vehicle? Not only it shows how many people, children and pets that are in your household..let alone names below the stickers. Nothing like a stranger luring your child off of school grounds by calling out their name. Why make it an easy target for someone to break into your house KNOWING how many people or what kind of animals that are in your house? Or say if one of your stick people is dressed up as a football player or basketball player..That stranger knows that child plays sports. The least amount of public information made available about you and your family will result in the fewest amount of opportunities for anything to occur at the hands of any potential predators.

I couldn't agree more, it seems everyone is so anxious to give away any their privacy. Once it's gone.....it's gone!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I want a stick family with the wife X'd off or having an X-Wing crash into her
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    3270d1351451250-m-e-m-e-funny-picture-thread-stick-figure-family.jpg

I roared.

I dont get this - granted I have not seen or heard about names being included, but on the whole - I don't see the issue with it. In most cases, I can tell just by walking past your car if you have children or not. Often, you can even guess how many and what sex they are. Not to mention people can get the same information from just seeing you in your vehicle.
    All of the information these stickers provide (with the exception of the name which I have no seen as mentioned), is easily learned any number of other ways.

I don't have them because I don't like them. I don't see it as a safety issue.

ETA - perhaps I should consider them depicting my 3 large dogs. I'm guessing they won't be likely to follow me home.
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like them but I don't follow the trend and that seems to be what it is. I did see a funny one though; I'm a Jeep girl and there was a Jeep plowing into a stick family. Thought it was funny cuz below it said, "No one cares about your stick family". :0) To each their own and I'm sure some don't like my Fox racing or Chive stickers. I keep it to myself, or post on blogs about my dislike for certain stickers and leave it at that. ;0)
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I prefer this one.

tumblr_m7p9qcpVRo1qzbs6po1_r6_500.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • patriciapowerswilliamson
    Options
    HAHAHA!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    They're annoying and I'd never put one on my car. However, I can only take my mom paranoia so far. I can't worry about everything, I would go clinically insane. I take my precautions to keep my kids safe. . . but I can't tell you what they are because you might use them to kidnap one of my babies.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I just have SHSU MOM on the back of mine. My son will be attending Sam Houston in the fall. On my other cars, I just had my favorite sports team logos.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I saw this one out at a nearby lake on Memorial Day last year. Had to take a picture. Since then I've seen 2 or 3 other cars with the same sticker. Might be warped of me, but I thought it was funny.

jbdhzFh.jpg
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    It is good, show how the d47kheads are on the road
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the point. Is it for the parents, so they don't have a live action Home Alone scenario?

"Alright kids, line up!"
    *counts kids on car* *counts kids in line*
    "Okay! We're ready to go!"
  • tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that freaks me out too. I've seen a bunch of SUV's with the entire family of stick figures including names. That, in combination with the "support such and such elementary school" bumper sticker makes it WAY to easy.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    This would be mine:

il_570xN.495163262_5g79.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    stick-figure-decals-beer.jpg

stick-figure-decals-star-wars.png

stick-figure-decals-utah.jpg
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    3270d1351451250-m-e-m-e-funny-picture-thread-stick-figure-family.jpg

I roared.

I dont get this - granted I have not seen or heard about names being included, but on the whole - I don't see the issue with it. In most cases, I can tell just by walking past your car if you have children or not. Often, you can even guess how many and what sex they are. Not to mention people can get the same information from just seeing you in your vehicle.
    All of the information these stickers provide (with the exception of the name which I have no seen as mentioned), is easily learned any number of other ways.

I don't have them because I don't like them. I don't see it as a safety issue.

ETA - perhaps I should consider them depicting my 3 large dogs. I'm guessing they won't be likely to follow me home.

I saw a report a few years ago that would terrify any parent. A group of parents were asked it they thought their children would go off with a stranger if approached, everyone said absolutely not, they have been taught about the dangers and are "street smart". A police officer posing as someone who had lost his dog in a park was able to lure most of the children off the playground to look for the dog, only a couple of them ran. Imagine how easily this could happen if some freak had all of the information posted on the vehicle. Yes this information is available very easily, but why put it on display for every pervert and freak to see. I just don't get the reasoning behind it.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I saw one on a mini with 2 guys in bow ties this weekend. That was a first for me. Also one with 7 children, 3 dogs and a cat. I really don't need to know that much about random strangers I'm driving behind...
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't like bumper stickers, or window decals. But I want to get a personalized license plate frame that says something like "Protected by a Hell Hound" since I'm almost ALWAYS with my dog whose nick name is "hell hound" or "devil dog".
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Pictures ya'll posted are hilarious! Some, I have never seen.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Though, I'll stick with my self defense stickers of weapons and my AKC German Shepherd. :smile: