Is calorie counting hard?

Options

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I would just like to comment on how sorry I am that the other thread was shut down. The information on it was valuable ( to others, if not to the OP) and now it's lost to us. The OP also sounded alittle more serious on her last posts--I was hoping for her. Great going to all of you. Thanks for the great imput. :smile:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out when I can make monkey bread. It's just me and my BF, so that recipe is too much food for just us. We'll have a friend of his staying with us for a bit, but he'll be gone on weekends. Maybe i'll bring it to my mother's house. She'd love it.

I saw where you can make the monkey bread in muffin pans and have little individual servings. May be worth a try.

Speaking of that... I love making meatloaf "muffins". Tiny little meatloaves excite me.

oohh Recipe? That sounds awesome, mini foods excite me too .
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    cute-puppies13.gif

OH MY GOD, I want this dog now.
    Dachshunds are the BOMB. With an attitude. =)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    gary-busey.gif
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would just like to comment on how sorry I am that the other thread was shut down. The information on it was valuable ( to others, if not to the OP) and now it's lost to us. The OP also sounded alittle more serious on her last posts--I was hoping for her. Great going to all of you. Thanks for the great imput. :smile:

It's a shame it wasn't just locked rather than deleted, then all that good advice and those ideas would still be up. Ho hum. I for one have still been using the thread to remind myself to take a better grip of my diet and toning....so at least something good is still coming out of it!!!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out when I can make monkey bread. It's just me and my BF, so that recipe is too much food for just us. We'll have a friend of his staying with us for a bit, but he'll be gone on weekends. Maybe i'll bring it to my mother's house. She'd love it.

I saw where you can make the monkey bread in muffin pans and have little individual servings. May be worth a try.

Speaking of that... I love making meatloaf "muffins". Tiny little meatloaves excite me.

oohh Recipe? That sounds awesome, mini foods excite me too .

This is the recipe I usually use.

http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-meatloaf-muffins-with-barbecue-sauce/
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options

It's a shame it wasn't just locked rather than deleted, then all that good advice and those ideas would still be up. Ho hum. I for one have still been using the thread to remind myself to take a better grip of my diet and toning....so at least something good is still coming out of it!!!

Same here! It was very helpful today when I was wandering the dessert section at my local shop.....................
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Logging for me has not been difficult at all, but I am an extremely boring eater. I eat to live only, so I don’t die. I eat the wrong/fastest things ever, fattening stuff, and I like snacking. Since logging, I just have to call up pretty much the same thing day after day. I've been eating salads, really that is it, and the only thing that changes may be the veggies in it.

I just ate my salad with cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, lettuce of course, and some blue cheese dressing, with a can of 98% fat free chicken on the top for protein, easy peasy, and that's it. I have zero imagination and again I eat to not die, so really anything will do.

If I could never eat again and not die and/or be HUNGRY, I'd do it.

This!

According to most people I know, I'm a pretty amazing cook. But I enjoy eating a pretty basic, standard selection of food. I don't tire from having the same basic foods over and over again, with occasional changes. My wife marvels that I can craft these delectable dishes from the top of me head, yet I don't cook that way for myself.

I don't "love" food. I use to have a major problem with overeating one food category specifically, certain kinds of sweets. That's not really a problem anymore. I can go long periods of time without eating food, and if I could never eat again, not die, and keep my energy up I'd probably eat only once in awhile.

I certainly can enjoy eating, but I don't know what it feels like to "love" food.
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options

meatloaf_zps6ca89692.gif

?

You just went full RHPS on this thread. Beautiful.

...And now I want a hot dog. Anyone have a recipe for crock pot wieners?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Hmmm I made it using previously ignored crescent rolls in the tiny 4 oz container and so far have had to adjust the cooking time down to 45 minutes, probably still need a bit less time. 2 oz crescent rolls, 1 tbsp margarine, 1 tbsp light brown sugar and 3/8 tsp cinnamon. I did not make the icing, and my crockpot is fairly small. I often have to adapt recipe quantities as I live alone
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    So I wanted to buy ingredients for spare ribs + BBQ sauce, and chicken breasts for crock pot chicken. Kroger only had the ribs in this massive size! ($15 and a rack like a foot and half long). I cook just for myself - what if I don't like it! I'll try it in another life I suppose.

It's like they stopped doing Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs?? I could only buy the simply basic brand which was scrawny and expensive. I bought more thighs and will be cooking them shortly.
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to buy ingredients for spare ribs + BBQ sauce, and chicken breasts for crock pot chicken. Kroger only had the ribs in this massive size! ($15 and a rack like a foot and half long). I cook just for myself - what if I don't like it! I'll try it in another life I suppose.

It's like they stopped doing Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs?? I could only buy the simply basic brand which was scrawny and expensive. I bought more thighs and will be cooking them shortly.

If you dont like it bring it to work? I know people at my job will eat anything theyre savages lol
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

If you dont like it bring it to work? I know people at my job will eat anything theyre savages lol

LOL you have a lot of faith in my cooking!
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    5kMqH.gif

OMG, look at that cuteness. Tongue all hanging out and all. I want that kitty.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options
    cute-puppies13.gif

I want one but a long haired one. I hear they are very hard to train though.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options
    cute-puppies13.gif

I want one but a long haired one. I hear they are very hard to train though. Although this one would do very nicely, so so cute.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I made it using previously ignored crescent rolls in the tiny 4 oz container and so far have had to adjust the cooking time down to 45 minutes, probably still need a bit less time. 2 oz crescent rolls, 1 tbsp margarine, 1 tbsp light brown sugar and 3/8 tsp cinnamon. I did not make the icing, and my crockpot is fairly small. I often have to adapt recipe quantities as I live alone

Oooooo :love: Nice modifications, how'd it turn out?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Oooooo :love: Nice modifications, how'd it turn out?

Tasty enough to make it twice but I'm easy to please :) It was mostly very soft and nicely browned but a bit hard around the corners of the crock pot, like wherever it contacted the circle that traces the bottom of the pot?. This is where I think either reducing the time further or using the low temperature rather than high could help!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

My crockpot is pretty large (about 5 or 6 quarts), so I don't think that would work out :( I'll have to find some occasion.
  • ftsolk
    ftsolk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Only on page 7?

This thread is not early-morning reading material...

29wl947.jpg

Believe it or not, we do eat food other than fried oreos and french fries.